Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Execution problem with crom for monthly Post 302382319 by pludi on Wednesday 23rd of December 2009 03:15:12 AM
Old 12-23-2009
If you'd have used the search box in the top right corner and searched for "cron last day month", you'd have seen that this question has been asked, and answered, in 2005 already, with follow-ups in the same thread for 2007 and 2009.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in loop execution

Below is my code. I want a loop in this way that if folder has tag sub-folder then it will show the list of tags otherwise it will show the subfolders of that folder and then again user will select sub-folder and if tags found then show the tag list otherwise show all subfolders till he finds the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

execution problem with grep

how to use grep word from sentence grep -o "hai" haighaihaihai Is above cmd possible in linux ? can any one help me? Thanks, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavi.mogu
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] execution problem

Hi I want to make a script . In this script i want to use input file and this input file consist of three numbers in a line for example input file is as below: 919876543210 09876543234567876 98764534245678 aircelmms","aircelweb","aircelwap" 096574235625... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: esumiba
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

execution problem

Hi i am using expect module and trying to login using following code. ssh 127.0.0.1 expect "word:" send "$password \n" kindly let me know the login script using expect module (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

execution problem

Hi i have a file in which there are three fields code: 919804199233 404911130003916 357266044991350F and now i want to add two more fields i.e. code: 919804199233 404911130003916 357266044991350F ms 123 how can i do it using command line and if have a file of 100... (8 Replies)
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

execution problem

Hi I am automating my few commands out of which one command is tail -f running.logs when i run this command it does not automatically exit and show prompt (#) what would i do so that it will exit out automatically after few seconds and move to the next command without using ... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

execution problem

HI I am trying to check the status of port using command /code: netstat -an | grep port /Output: *.2009 *.* 0 0 65535 0 LISTEN what i am trying to do is i want to grep only status Wether the port is established/listen if so show ok else... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problem

hi all, when i tried executing the script by giving following command $ sh test.sh <parameter> it shows the following output: <none> status code=0 Previously it was working fine.But now its showing this output. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanjay mn
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problem

Hi, I have been trying to run a simple script CONFIG_FILE="/jay/check" . . . for i in `cat $CONFIG_FILE` do loc=`echo $i | cut -d "|" -f2` var=$(find $loc -mtime -1|wc -l) if then echo $loc has files older than 1 day fi done . . . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayii
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution problem

How to search a pattern from multiple files... i used the command suppose the pattern name is xxx grep xxx (file1-o- file2-o- file3) Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksakil
4 Replies
queuedefs(4)							   File Formats 						      queuedefs(4)

NAME
queuedefs - queue description file for at, batch, and cron SYNOPSIS
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs DESCRIPTION
The queuedefs file describes the characteristics of the queues managed by cron(1M). Each non-comment line in this file describes one queue. The format of the lines are as follows: q.[njobj][nicen][nwaitw] The fields in this line are: q The name of the queue. a is the default queue for jobs started by at(1); b is the default queue for jobs started by batch (see at(1)); c is the default queue for jobs run from a crontab(1) file. njob The maximum number of jobs that can be run simultaneously in that queue; if more than njob jobs are ready to run, only the first njob jobs will be run, and the others will be run as jobs that are currently running terminate. The default value is 100. nice The nice(1) value to give to all jobs in that queue that are not run with a user ID of super-user. The default value is 2. nwait The number of seconds to wait before rescheduling a job that was deferred because more than njob jobs were running in that job's queue, or because the system-wide limit of jobs executing has been reached. The default value is 60. Lines beginning with # are comments, and are ignored. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample file. # # a.4j1n b.2j2n90w This file specifies that the a queue, for at jobs, can have up to 4 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice value of 1. As no nwait value was given, if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. The b queue, for batch(1) jobs, can have up to 2 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice(1) value of 2. If a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running, cron(1M) will wait 90 seconds before trying again to run it. All other queues can have up to 100 jobs running simultaneously; they will be run with a nice value of 2, and if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. FILES
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs queue description file for at, batch, and cron. SEE ALSO
at(1), crontab(1), nice(1), cron(1M) SunOS 5.10 1 Mar 1994 queuedefs(4)