Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux ls -L Results
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Linux ls -L Results Post 302382215 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 22nd of December 2009 04:48:13 PM
Old 12-22-2009
ls -L executes the readlink system call. Meaning it translates the link "name" to the real name of the file.

You may have noticed that a link file is only a few bytes. It is literally just text that references another file.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

How I will check wheather my linux benchmark results are OK

My system bench mark results INDEX VALUES TEST BASELINE RESULT INDEX Arithmetic Test (type = double) 2541.7 876123.7 344.7 Dhrystone 2 without register variables 22366.3 5411602.3 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chandra s
1 Replies

2. Linux Benchmarks

Results for Linux Benchmarks

Hi, I was trying to build Linux Benchmarks with latest Intel C++ Compiler. When I used -ipo (inter-procedural optimization) option, arithmetic test (arith.c) failed on execution. The problem is Intel compiler's advanced optimization option (-ipo) optimizes much more than expected and this... (50 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpjain
50 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

linux ISQL and MSSQL unload results to file

Hello, I am using suse 10.1 and isql from unixodbc to connect to a MS SQL server. I got everything to work fine. What do I need to unload the results from the sql to a file? I attempted to put unload to in my sql statement but got a error. I don't see in the isql help where it has a option to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: benefactr
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux script - Crazy results

Here is my script: # # Capture the current directory. export -p CurrentDir="`pwd`" echo $CurrentDir # # Capture the new directory name in the form YYYYMMDD. export -p DateDir="`date +"%Y%m%d"`" echo $DateDir # # Store the desired target directory. export -p... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: imprimisxo
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print some results in a text file using script in linux

hello everyone, i really need your help to write a script which would just print following kind of result into a text file (result.txt) XYZ test Results ID: <unique-id> Date: <date> ------------------------------------------------- | Task | Result | Time |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: viriimind
3 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

linux sqlplus select results writes into file twice

Hello, This is my first post and its because I could not find solution for myself I decided to ask help here. What I want to do; I want to get some data from a table 1 on server 1 and insert those datas into a table 2 on server 2. ( lets say schema names are server1 and server 2 also ).... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: azuahaha
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can ctag and cscope support recording search results and displaying the history results ?

Hello , When using vim, can ctag and cscope support recording search results and displaying the history results ? Once I jump to one tag, I can use :tnext to jump to next tag, but how can I display the preview search result? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 915086731
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

LINUX SORT command chops results

I am trying to sort a file . The file looks like this: DDFF 2 /ztpfrepos/pgr/load DDFQ 2 /ztpfrepos/pgr/load DDFX 2 /ztpfrepos/pgr/load DDUA 2 /ztpfrepos/pgr/load My command: sort -k1 /home/c153507/Bin/OPL1.txt -o /home/c153507/Bin/OPL1.txt The results are OK except for one line where... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yahalom
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Assign SQL Query Results to Variables in Linux?

Hi, I am new to linux... How to Assign SQL Query Results to Variables in Linux,i want ti generate it in param files, Can anyone please explain me. Ex: SQL> Select * from EMP; O/P: Emp_No Emp_Name 1 AAA 2 BBB 3 CCC and I want expected... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sravana Kumar
5 Replies
LINKINFO(3)								 1							       LINKINFO(3)

linkinfo - Gets information about a link

SYNOPSIS
int linkinfo (string $path) DESCRIPTION
Gets information about a link. This function is used to verify if a link (pointed to by $path) really exists (using the same method as the S_ISLNK macro defined in stat.h). PARAMETERS
o $path - Path to the link. RETURN VALUES
linkinfo(3) returns the st_dev field of the Unix C stat structure returned by the lstat system call. Returns 0 or FALSE in case of error. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | This function is now available on Windows plat- | | | forms (Vista, Server 2008 or greater). | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 linkinfo(3) example <?php echo linkinfo('/vmlinuz'); // 835 ?> SEE ALSO
symlink(3), link(3), readlink(3). PHP Documentation Group LINKINFO(3)