Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Changing file permission recursively Post 302382182 by proactiveaditya on Tuesday 22nd of December 2009 01:07:06 PM
Old 12-22-2009
Oh Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changing permission using scripts

I have been trying to create a script that changes the user rights to read in the 'other' group across directories. The problem I'm having is that when i execute the script, the permissions of the directories remains the same. HELP (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: BigTool4u2
8 Replies

2. Red Hat

changing wtmp ownership and permission

Hi, I am using redhat AS 3. Recently, I was asked to implement a security control on the OS: to change ownership of /var/log/wtmp to root:sys and permission to 600. However, when I made the change and reboot the machine, everything was reverted. How come? Please help. The following is the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: voa2mp3
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

changing permission using FTP

Dear all, i want to change file permision of remote dir using FTP. is that possible? what i'm doing is i'm simply doing chmod 777 filename after establishing the connection with remote server using ftp... but the result showing is 550 SITE CHMOD command failed. can any body plz help?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: panknil
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recursively changing permissions on files

Please excuse for double posting, but since this seems like a " yep, me dummy question", I feel I should post here.:o Just joined after using the site as a guest.. (Very Good Stuff in here.. thanks folks.) I am in the process of hardening a Solaris 10 server using JASS. I also must use DISA... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: altamaha
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to exclude file when changing permission

I have files as below: erf100.sh erf101.sh erf102.sh erf103.sh erf104.sh erf105.sh I can easily change permission of all files to 755 by issuing command below: chmod 755 erf*.sh; how do i change permission of all files but excluding file erf102.sh? thanks best regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: khchong
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing file permission upon creation in a directory

I want to change the permission of a file when it gets created in a particular directory. For instance, I have directory MyDir. Everytime a file gets created in that directory, I would like to change the permission to 777. The context is that I have a 3rd party appication running as root. Only... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: laiko
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changing password with sudo user " permission denied"

HI All, I am using solaris i created a user adam and updated his permissions in vi sudoers file as follows adam ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWORD: ALL ........... when i create user by logging as sudo user . $ sudo useradd -d /home/kalyan -m -s /bin/sh kalyan sudo: not found ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalyankalyan
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission denied when changing root password after reset

I have a Solaris 10 machine that I didn't know the root password to so I went into single user mode and removed the password from the shadow file and rebooted and I am able to login with no password now. But my problem is that when I try to change the root password from no password to something... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: darkone_d1_2000
0 Replies

9. Solaris

"Permission denied" when changing IP netmask

hello everyone, I am new on unix systems. I am working with a Solaris 10 OS. When i try to change netmask on certain interface: I get: How can i enable permission for changing that ? I have administrator privileges. Your help is much appreciated. thanks, (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: pablod76
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change permission on a file recursively

Hi, this is the structure of the directory /local/home/app/cases under cases directory, below are the sub directories and each directory has files. /local/home/app/cases/1 /local/home/app/cases/2 /local/home/app/cases/3 /local/home/app/cases/4 File types are .txt .sh and so... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lookinginfo
5 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)