Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help with sscanf
Top Forums Programming help with sscanf Post 302382170 by limmer on Tuesday 22nd of December 2009 11:45:58 AM
Old 12-22-2009
help with sscanf

I need to match a float inside a very long string (about 5000 chars) with sscanf. (I trimmed the string in this example.) I can't seem to match all the chars that come before and after the float.

Code:
int main(void)
{
	char A[5000] = "";
	strcat(A, "		hello world! WORD' name='5.3498' hello world!            ");
	float B = 0;

sscanf(A, "WORD' name='%f", &B); // how can I match all chars before WORD and after the float ?

printf("%f\n", B);

return 0;
}

Last edited by limmer; 12-27-2009 at 08:46 AM..

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

sscanf function is failing

Please delete this thread. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxh461
0 Replies

2. Programming

sscanf !!

I have a string Form this string, I want to extract I am unable to do that with sscanf because of the space between the words. What else can I use? #include <stdio.h> char buf_2; int main() { char *buf_1 = "\\\\?\\whats going on"; sscanf(buf_1,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_learner
4 Replies

3. Programming

help with sscanf()!

Hi everybody, i need help with this function, i'm programming in CGI with C and i can't make this work. QUERY_STRING is something like: user=MYUSER&pass=MYPASS So, what i want is to store the strings containing the username and the password into str1 and str2 respetively, here's the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zykl0n-B
4 Replies

4. Programming

Help with sscanf

sscanf does not stop at the first "&". How can I extract "doe" ? char A = "name=john&last=doe&job=vacant&"; char B = "last"; char C = ""; char *POINTER = strstr(A, B); sscanf(POINTER + strlen(B), "=%s%*", C); printf("%s\n", C); // doe&job=vacant& (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: limmer
2 Replies

5. Programming

using sscanf

How can I separetely extract the string and int after "dribble" ? (sscanf must limit TEXT to 9 chars to avoid buffer overflows.) How come this code does not work with "dribbletext08" but does with "dribbletext05" ? int main(void) { char TEXT = ""; int NUMBER = 0; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyler
2 Replies

6. Programming

sscanf() weired behaviour

Hi with the following code int a, b; while ((n = readline (connfd, buf, sizeof(buf)-1)) > 0) { buf = '\0'; if (sscanf(buf,"%d %d",&a,&b) != 2) snprintf (buf, sizeof(buf), "data error\r\n"); else { printf("\nRecvd %d and %d",a,b); ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: princebadshah
1 Replies

7. Programming

Format specifier for sscanf() in C

Hello, I have formatted lines delimited by colon ":", and I need to parse the line into two parts with sscanf() with format specifiers. infile.txt: Sample Name: sample1 SNPs : 91 MNPs : 1 Insertions : 5 Deletions ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
13 Replies
J0(3)							     Linux Programmer's Manual							     J0(3)

NAME
j0, j0f, j0l, j1, j1f, j1l, jn, jnf, jnl, y0, y0f, y0l, y1, y1f, y1l, yn, ynf, ynl - Bessel functions SYNOPSIS
#include <math.h> double j0(double x); double j1(double x); double jn(int n, double x); double y0(double x); double y1(double x); double yn(int n, double x); float j0f(float x); float j1f(float x); float jnf(int n, float x); float y0f(float x); float y1f(float x); float ynf(int n, float x); long double j0l(long double x); long double j1l(long double x); long double jnl(int n, long double x); long double y0l(long double x); long double y1l(long double x); long double ynl(int n, long double x); DESCRIPTION
The j0() and j1() functions return Bessel functions of x of the first kind of orders 0 and 1, respectively. The jn() function returns the Bessel function of x of the first kind of order n. The y0() and y1() functions return Bessel functions of x of the second kind of orders 0 and 1, respectively. The yn() function returns the Bessel function of x of the second kind of order n. For the functions y0(), y1() and yn(), the value of x must be positive. For negative values of x, these functions return -HUGE_VAL. The j0f() etc. and j0l() etc. functions are versions that take and return float and long double values, respectively. CONFORMING TO
The functions returning double conform to SVID 3, BSD 4.3, XPG4, POSIX 1003.1-2001. The other functions exist by analogy, and exist on sev- eral platforms. BUGS
There are errors of up to 2e-16 in the values returned by j0(), j1() and jn() for values of x between -8 and 8. 2002-08-25 J0(3)