Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help with sscanf
Top Forums Programming help with sscanf Post 302382170 by limmer on Tuesday 22nd of December 2009 11:45:58 AM
Old 12-22-2009
help with sscanf

I need to match a float inside a very long string (about 5000 chars) with sscanf. (I trimmed the string in this example.) I can't seem to match all the chars that come before and after the float.

Code:
int main(void)
{
	char A[5000] = "";
	strcat(A, "		hello world! WORD' name='5.3498' hello world!            ");
	float B = 0;

sscanf(A, "WORD' name='%f", &B); // how can I match all chars before WORD and after the float ?

printf("%f\n", B);

return 0;
}

Last edited by limmer; 12-27-2009 at 08:46 AM..

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

sscanf function is failing

Please delete this thread. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxh461
0 Replies

2. Programming

sscanf !!

I have a string Form this string, I want to extract I am unable to do that with sscanf because of the space between the words. What else can I use? #include <stdio.h> char buf_2; int main() { char *buf_1 = "\\\\?\\whats going on"; sscanf(buf_1,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_learner
4 Replies

3. Programming

help with sscanf()!

Hi everybody, i need help with this function, i'm programming in CGI with C and i can't make this work. QUERY_STRING is something like: user=MYUSER&pass=MYPASS So, what i want is to store the strings containing the username and the password into str1 and str2 respetively, here's the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zykl0n-B
4 Replies

4. Programming

Help with sscanf

sscanf does not stop at the first "&". How can I extract "doe" ? char A = "name=john&last=doe&job=vacant&"; char B = "last"; char C = ""; char *POINTER = strstr(A, B); sscanf(POINTER + strlen(B), "=%s%*", C); printf("%s\n", C); // doe&job=vacant& (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: limmer
2 Replies

5. Programming

using sscanf

How can I separetely extract the string and int after "dribble" ? (sscanf must limit TEXT to 9 chars to avoid buffer overflows.) How come this code does not work with "dribbletext08" but does with "dribbletext05" ? int main(void) { char TEXT = ""; int NUMBER = 0; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyler
2 Replies

6. Programming

sscanf() weired behaviour

Hi with the following code int a, b; while ((n = readline (connfd, buf, sizeof(buf)-1)) > 0) { buf = '\0'; if (sscanf(buf,"%d %d",&a,&b) != 2) snprintf (buf, sizeof(buf), "data error\r\n"); else { printf("\nRecvd %d and %d",a,b); ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: princebadshah
1 Replies

7. Programming

Format specifier for sscanf() in C

Hello, I have formatted lines delimited by colon ":", and I need to parse the line into two parts with sscanf() with format specifiers. infile.txt: Sample Name: sample1 SNPs : 91 MNPs : 1 Insertions : 5 Deletions ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
13 Replies
ID3TOOL(1)						      General Commands Manual							ID3TOOL(1)

NAME
id3tool - a command line editor for id3 tags. SYNOPSIS
id3tool [options] files ... DESCRIPTION
This manual page is for the id3tool command. id3tool is a program that can be used to view and edit id3 tags from the command line. When invoked from the command line with filenames and no options, it will display the used fields of the id3 tags. When invoked from the command line with filenames and "set" options, it will change the id3 tag fields specified to the specified values on all the files. Due to limitations in the ID3v1 specification, most fields are limited to 30 characters. The note field is limited to 28 characters if a track number is in use. You can force a tag to be v1.1 by using a specifying a non-zero track number, or force a tag to be v1.0 by specifying a track number of zero (0). OPTIONS
The programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A complete list of options are included below. For a complete description, use the help option. -t, --set-title=WORD Sets the title to WORD -a, --set-album=WORD Sets the album to WORD -r, --set-artist=WORD Sets the artist to WORD -y, --set-year=YEAR Sets the year to YEAR [4 digits] -n, --set-note=WORD Sets the note to WORD -g, --set-genre=INT Sets the genre code to INT (the codes can be acquired from the genre list.) -G, --set-genre-word=WORD Sets the genre to WORD (given that WORD is from the genre list.) -c, --set-track=INT Sets the track to INT -h, --help Show summary of options. -v, --version Show version of program. -l, --genre-list Shows the genre list. AUTHOR
id3tool and this manual page were written by Chris Collins <xfire@xware.cx> ID3TOOL(1)