Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting 30 Load average with fping script Post 302382081 by charlscross on Tuesday 22nd of December 2009 05:45:57 AM
Old 12-22-2009
Thanks brother! But I need the second script to play in parallel, so I call the second with the & option.

Code:
    nohup /etc/pingers/insertPingWan.sh $d > /dev/null&

This is because every ping cannot wait for other pings to be completed, so the new question is will the function be played in parallel as the script did? Or is there anyway for launching the function in parallel?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

load average

we have an unix system which has load average normally about 20. but while i am running a particular unix batch which performs heavy operations on filesystem and database average load reduces to 15. how can we explain this situation? while running that batch idle cpu time is about %60-65... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Load Average

Hello all, I have a question about load averages. I've read the man pages for the uptime and w command for two or three different flavors of Unix (Red Hat, Tru64, Solaris). All of them agree that in the output of the 2 aforementioned commands, you are given the load average for the box, but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Heathe_Kyle
3 Replies

3. Solaris

load average query.

Hi, i have installed solaris 10 on t-5120 sparc enterprise. I am little surprised to see load average of 2 or around on this OS. when checked with ps command following process is using highest CPU. looks like it is running for long time and does not want to stop, but I do not know... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please Help me in my load average

Hello AlL,.. I want from experts to help me as my load average is increased and i dont know where is the problem !! this is my top result : root@a4s # top top - 11:30:38 up 40 min, 1 user, load average: 3.06, 2.49, 4.66 Mem: 8168788k total, 2889596k used, 5279192k free, 47792k... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: black-code
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Load Average threshold

What should be the threshold for load average of a quad core processor? What constitutes "good" and "bad" load average values? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Load average in UNIX

Hi , I am using 48 CPU sunOS server at my work. The application has facility to check the current load average before starting a new process to control the load. Right now it is configured as 48. So it does mean that each CPU can take maximum one proces and no processe is waiting. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumaran_5555
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with load average?

how load average is calculated and what exactly is it difference between cpu% and load average (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: robo
9 Replies

8. HP-UX

Load average unit

Hi, On load average graph, unit is 100m, 200m, 300...800m. I don't understand what it means. Thx for helping (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michenux
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to load daily average I/O stats from a .ksh file into Oracle db

Hi can anyone help me with a script to load output of the .ksh file into an Oracle database. I have attached sample output of the information that i need to load to the database (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LucyYani
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script affect load average

Hello I have created next scritpt to do the next: chekp if host is alive. When the host down, launch telnet other equip to do checks. When execute the script the load average of the machines increase. For example: Before launch script top - 11:14:56 up 14 days, 18:06, 3 users, load... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: capilla
3 Replies
LPT(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    LPT(4)

NAME
lpt -- generic printer device driver SYNOPSIS
device ppc device ppbus device lpt DESCRIPTION
The current lpt driver is the port of the original lpt driver to the ppbus(4) system. One purpose of this port was to allow parallel port sharing with other parallel devices. Secondly, inb()/outb() calls have been replaced by ppbus function calls. lpt is now arch-independent thanks to the ppbus interface. See ppbus(4) for more info about the ppbus system. The parallel port bus is allocated by lpt when the printer device is opened and released only when the transfer is completed: either when the device is closed or when the entire buffer is sent in interrupt driven mode. The driver can be configured to be either interrupt-driven, or to poll the printer. Ports that are configured to be interrupt-driven can be switched to polled mode by using the lptcontrol(8) command. Depending on your hardware, extended capabilities may be configured with the lptcontrol(8) command. With an ECP/ISA port, you can take advantage of FIFO and DMA. In order to retrieve printer info from /dev/lpt0, just apply the cat command to the device. If the printer supports IEEE1284 nibble mode and has data to send to the host, you will get it. FILES
/dev/lpt0 first parallel port driver SEE ALSO
ppbus(4), ppc(4), lptcontrol(8) HISTORY
This driver replaces the functionality of the lpa driver, which is now defunct. BUGS
There are lots of them, especially in cheap parallel port implementations. It is only possible to open a lpt port when a printer is connected and on-line, making it impossible to run lptcontrol(8) when there is no printer connected. This driver could still stand a rewrite. BSD
February 14, 1999 BSD