Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: rshd control string
Top Forums Programming rshd control string Post 302382001 by migurus on Monday 21st of December 2009 05:38:43 PM
Old 12-21-2009
You are absolutely correct, those need to be '\0'. I changed the code accordingly, but I still get exactly same result.
I added string printout before I send it:

Code:

[] (0)
[x] (78)
[u] (75)
[s] (73)
[e] (65)
[r] (72)
[] (0)
[x] (78)
[u] (75)
[s] (73)
[e] (65)
[r] (72)
[] (0)
[p] (70)
[w] (77)
[d] (64)
[] (0)
sent 17 bytes OK
rc=0, errno=0
recv cnt=0 <>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Control the telnet

In my system , all user login are via telnet , we have control that only allow max. 300 telnet session in the system , now if I want to keep the max. no of telnet unchange (300) , but three specific users ( eg. userA , userB ,userC ) not count into this 300 session , is it possible ? for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

New to Control-M

Hi, I am very new to Control-M . If anywone know about the global conditions in Control-M. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oraclenerd
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rshd vs. rexecd

Sun 5.8 Though I'd like to be using SSH, my client refuses to do so. So, I'm forced to use rsh/rexec for remote commands. My question is....when running a remote command via "rsh hostname <command>", do I need to have rexecd running, or just rshd on the remote server? Thanks in advance for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jalburger
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace any control character in the string

Need to replace any control character in the string in perl ---------- Post updated at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:50 PM ---------- Any help !!! Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hansini
2 Replies

5. AIX

RSH intermittent error rshd: 0826-813 Permission is denied.

I am getting an error from one node in a set with RSH setup between them, node one will connect to node two every other time (consistently), however node to connects to node one every time without problem. Here is what I am seeing, makes no sense to me. Can anyone help? sbhcprdb01<root>: rsh... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: JodyTek
6 Replies

6. AIX

niminv and rshd error

I am trying to run niminv on my nim master to collect info from my nim clients. : / -> niminv -o invcon -a targets=<nimclient> -a location=/tmp/inventory rshd: 0826-813 Permission is denied. geninv: 0645-007 ATTENTION: gi_nim_standalone() returned an unexpected result. Return Status: FAILURE... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nerradr
4 Replies

7. AIX

rshd: 0826-813 Permission is denied.

Guy's I have two servers .. server1 and server2 I have configured the rshd and started the rshd demean in both servers by the below command . startsrc -t shell lssrc -t shell Service Command Description Status shell /usr/sbin/rshd rshd ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

to extract string from main string and string comparison

continuing from my previous post, whose link is given below as a reference https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/171076-shell-scripting.html#post302573569 consider there is create table commands in a file for eg: CREATE TABLE `Blahblahblah` ( `id` int(11) NOT NULL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk command to replace a string pattern with another string based on position of this string

here is what i want to achieve... consider a file contains below contents. the file size is large about 60mb cat dump.sql INSERT INTO `table1` (`id`, `action`, `date`, `descrip`, `lastModified`) VALUES (1,'Change','2011-05-05 00:00:00','Account Updated','2012-02-10... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
10 Replies

10. SCO

Rshd requests logging

I would like to log requests to rshd on OSR 5.0.7, hopefully it is possible. Requests are coming from client Windows PCs, it all works most of the time, but few PCs are not able to do it. I am not sure where to start - do I tweak syslog.conf? Any pointers would be appreciated. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
4 Replies
RSH(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    RSH(1)

NAME
rsh -- remote shell SYNOPSIS
rsh [-46dn] [-l username] [-t timeout] host [command] DESCRIPTION
The rsh utility executes command on host. The rsh utility copies its standard input to the remote command, the standard output of the remote command to its standard output, and the standard error of the remote command to its standard error. Interrupt, quit and terminate signals are propagated to the remote command; rsh normally terminates when the remote command does. The options are as follows: -4 Use IPv4 addresses only. -6 Use IPv6 addresses only. -d Turn on socket debugging (using setsockopt(2)) on the TCP sockets used for communication with the remote host. -l username Allow the remote username to be specified. By default, the remote username is the same as the local username. Authorization is deter- mined as in rlogin(1). -n Redirect input from the special device /dev/null (see the BUGS section of this manual page). -t timeout Allow a timeout to be specified (in seconds). If no data is sent or received in this time, rsh will exit. If no command is specified, you will be logged in on the remote host using rlogin(1). Shell metacharacters which are not quoted are interpreted on local machine, while quoted metacharacters are interpreted on the remote machine. For example, the command rsh otherhost cat remotefile >> localfile appends the remote file remotefile to the local file localfile, while rsh otherhost cat remotefile ">>" other_remotefile appends remotefile to other_remotefile. FILES
/etc/hosts /etc/auth.conf SEE ALSO
rlogin(1), setsockopt(2), rcmd(3), ruserok(3), auth.conf(5), hosts(5), hosts.equiv(5), rlogind(8), rshd(8) HISTORY
The rsh command appeared in 4.2BSD. BUGS
If you are using csh(1) and put a rsh in the background without redirecting its input away from the terminal, it will block even if no reads are posted by the remote command. If no input is desired you should redirect the input of rsh to /dev/null using the -n option. You cannot run an interactive command (like ee(1) or vi(1)) using rsh; use rlogin(1) instead. Stop signals stop the local rsh process only; this is arguably wrong, but currently hard to fix for reasons too complicated to explain here. BSD
October 16, 2002 BSD