Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl Conversion Tool
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl Conversion Tool Post 302381903 by pludi on Monday 21st of December 2009 10:19:55 AM
Old 12-21-2009
Are you, per chance, on the same team/course as this guy?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Another bash shell to perl conversion

Hello everyone. I am new to linux and need help again. I need help converting this bash shell to linux: for i in `ls -l *.txt` do `./cnvidtf.pl $i` `curl -u login:pswd --disable-espv -T loadfile.seq ftp://11.1.11.1` `mysql -u login -h 11.1.11.1 -ppswd < lddocs.sql` done Thanks! Any help... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: freak
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl in KSH - julian conversion

Hello Everyone, I have this code misbehaving in one of my scripts, I have a var containing the sequential number of the day for the year and I am suppose to get the regular date for that day and its weekday. If I set the day to 273 I get back 2008/09/31 which is not a proper date. can you help... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio001
7 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

What's the Best Tool for Perl (for Mac)?

Would it be "PerlApp" or "Active Perl?" Trying to decide on the best tool in order to edit and create a few perl scripts for a mac program I'm working with. Any users out there? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unimachead
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Timestamp conversion

Hi, I have searched, read and tried, but no luck. I have this code: #!/bin/perl -w #-d use strict; use POSIX qw(strftime); my $getprpw_list="/usr/lbin/getprpw -l"; my $host = "nbsol151"; my $user = "genadmin"; my %uid; my %spwchg; my %upwchg; my %slogint; (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejdv
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encoding conversion in PERL script

I have oracle 9i database installed with UTF-8 Encoding. I want a perl script that converts unicode to utf8 before commiting in database and utf8 to unicode when retreiving from database For example : the word Ïntêrnatïônàlîzâtion has to be stored in database as Internationalization and when retreived... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkca
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl instead of grep 'conversion' help?

Hello: I butchered a shell script together, but my script kung-fu is 5 years old and all I've used for 5 years are for i loops. I hope that some perl guru can do in 5 minutes what takes me 5 weeks, so I am asking for help. I have a simple script using "grep -A 2 'string' /path/to/file" but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Habitual
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Timestamp conversion in PERL

Hi, I have a file as below I need to overwrite the 2 nd column alone to numeric format like "06122011030414012345" as per the timestamp value output file should be the microseconds can be neglected if required. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

help me for Perl script for tool usages

Hi, How to do Perl script for floating license usages metric. Anyone help me out this issue? Regards, Ram. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramanthan
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

conversion of loop in perl

Hello Sir, How can i convert below two loop lines in perl for BLOCK in /sys/block/myblock* for BLOCK in /dev/myblock* How i can write them in perl like foreach( </sys/block/myblock*/queue/nr_requests> ) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - TimeDate format conversion

Dear All, I need to print the below value from excel column 20160219T05:21:59+0100 to 19-FEB-2016 05:21:11 Can anyone help on this datetime format conversion. Please suggest in print logic itself. Regards, Kumaresan P (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kumaresanpvk
6 Replies
dos2unix(1)							   User Commands						       dos2unix(1)

NAME
dos2unix - convert text file from DOS format to ISO format SYNOPSIS
dos2unix [-ascii] [-iso] [-7] [-437 | -850 | -860 | -863 | -865] originalfile convertedfile DESCRIPTION
The dos2unix utility converts characters in the DOS extended character set to the corresponding ISO standard characters. This command can be invoked from either DOS or SunOS. However, the filenames must conform to the conventions of the environment in which the command is invoked. If the original file and the converted file are the same, dos2unix will rewrite the original file after converting it. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -ascii Removes extra carriage returns and converts end of file characters in DOS format text files to conform to SunOS require- ments. -iso This is the default. It converts characters in the DOS extended character set to the corresponding ISO standard charac- ters. -7 Converts 8 bit DOS graphics characters to 7 bit space characters so that SunOS can read the file. On non-i386 systems, dos2unix will attempt to obtain the keyboard type to determine which code page to use. Otherwise, the default is US. The user may override the code page with one of the following options: -437 Use US code page -850 Use multilingual code page -860 Use Portuguese code page -863 Use French Canadian code page -865 Use Danish code page OPERANDS
The following operands are required: originalfile The original file in DOS format that is being converted to ISO format. convertedfile The new file in ISO format that has been converted from the original DOS file format. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
unix2dos(1), ls(1), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
File filename not found, or no read permission The input file you specified does not exist, or you do not have read permission. Check with the SunOS command, ls -l (see ls(1)). Bad output filename filename, or no write permission The output file you specified is either invalid, or you do not have write permission for that file or the directory that contains it. Check also that the drive or diskette is not write-protected. Error while writing to temporary file An error occurred while converting your file, possibly because there is not enough space on the current drive. Check the amount of space on the current drive using the DIR command. Also be certain that the default diskette or drive is write-enabled (not write-pro- tected). Notice that when this error occurs, the original file remains intact. Translated temporary file name = filename. Could not rename temporary file to filename. The program could not perform the final step in converting your file. Your converted file is stored under the name indicated on the second line of this message. SunOS 5.10 14 Sep 2000 dos2unix(1)