Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris SC3.2 issue - cluster transport configuration not right - resulting fail Post 302381734 by frustin on Sunday 20th of December 2009 06:06:26 AM
Old 12-20-2009
i'm not using the seperate vlans for the interconnects therefore they wont connect to the switch. i have changed it to use direct (like crossover) connect and that enables the install to move forward a step.

Last edited by frustin; 12-20-2009 at 09:46 AM..
frustin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

MC/SG Fail to join cluster node

Hi, Please advise me whereas I have two node cluster server configured with MC/SG. Application and DB are running on Node 1, while Node 2 is standby. All the volume group devices are part of cluster environment. There is only one package running at node 1. Node 2 is having the problem to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rauphelhunter
1 Replies

2. AIX

HACMP 5.4.1 Two-Node-Cluster-Configuration-Assistant fails

This post just as a follow-up for thread https://www.unix.com/aix/115548-hacmp-5-4-aix-5300-10-not-working.html: there was a bug in the clcomdES that would cause the Two-Node-Cluster-Configuration-Assistant to fail even with a correct TCP/IP adapter setup. That affected HACMP 5.4.1 in combinatin... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shockneck
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Cluster interconnect, adapter configuration

Hello I have problem with scinstall. I found information that i should`t configure public network before using scinstall. Each node configuration: 4 node, 3 network adapter on each node. 1 for public adapter and 2 for cluster interconnect. Two switches. After scinstall first node is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: time0ut
1 Replies

4. Solaris

In cluster configuration ora* VGs are not controlled by VCS

Need some one to explain "In cluster configuration ora* VGs are not controlled by VCS". Actually, I am not aware of this. Thanks, Rama (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramareddi16
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun Cluster configuration issue

I am using VMware Workstation-7 on Windows-XP host . I am trying to configure Solaris 10-X86 guest os based 2 nodes Sun Cluster . I have added one extra Virtual Lan adapter on my VMware with another subnet (that I would like to put for SUN Cluster private communication). I have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjee
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Veritas Cluster automatic fail-back option on Solaris

Hi - Please help me to understand the Veritas Cluster fail-over capability. We configured oracle database file system on veritas cluster file system and it is automatically failing-over from node 1 to node 2. Does Veritas cluster softward have any option to fail-back from node 2 to node 1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mansoor8810
6 Replies

7. Red Hat

Cluster configuration file

Hi Everybody, I would like to know meaning of following parameters in cluster.conf file in linux <device name="blade_fence" blade="2" option="off" <clusternode name="Blade1-int" votes="1" nodeid="1"> what do you mean by "option=off" and "votes=1" Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mastansaheb
1 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Configuration of Linux cluster managment on Red Hat 5.x server

Hi Experts, I have question regarding linux cluster managment on Red Hat 5.x server. When I try to install 'luci' or 'ricci' in one of our linux servers it is giving me below error:- yum install luci Loaded plugins: katello, product-id, rhnplugin, security, subscription-manager Updating... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amey Joshi
0 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

HP-UX: Help to Change network configuration from APA manual mode (2Gbps) to simple fail over (1Gbps)

Hello HP-UX experts, Server = rx8640 Node partition OS = HP-UX 11.23 arch = IA64 Network switch = Foundry 16 port switch (1Gbps) Existing configuration: Tough to explain as it is very messy (see below for the link of zip of network related fles). 2 x 2Gbps aggregates configured some time... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Cluster form fail

why does my cluster form but fail after a few minutes, or why do my multicast communications stop working after a short amount of time? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gema.utama
1 Replies
explain_connect_or_die(3)				     Library Functions Manual					 explain_connect_or_die(3)

NAME
explain_connect_or_die - initiate a connection on a socket and report errors SYNOPSIS
#include <libexplain/connect.h> void explain_connect_or_die(int fildes, const struct sockaddr *serv_addr, int serv_addr_size); DESCRIPTION
The explain_connect_or_die function is used to call the connect(2) system call. On failure an explanation will be printed to stderr, obtained from explain_connect(3), and then the process terminates by calling exit(EXIT_FAILURE). This function is intended to be used in a fashion similar to the following example: explain_connect_or_die(fildes, serv_addr, serv_addr_size); fildes The fildes, exactly as to be passed to the connect(2) system call. serv_addr The serv_addr, exactly as to be passed to the connect(2) system call. serv_addr_size The serv_addr_size, exactly as to be passed to the connect(2) system call. Returns: This function only returns on success. On failure, prints an explanation and exits. SEE ALSO
connect(2) initiate a connection on a socket explain_connect(3) explain connect(2) errors exit(2) terminate the calling process COPYRIGHT
libexplain version 0.52 Copyright (C) 2008 Peter Miller explain_connect_or_die(3)