Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Encoding conversion in PERL script Post 302381730 by bdiwakarteja on Sunday 20th of December 2009 05:31:35 AM
Old 12-20-2009
i suggest you post this at PerlMonks.

Last edited by pludi; 12-20-2009 at 11:41 AM.. Reason: removed link

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion of bash parsing script to perl?

I need help with a perl parsing script. I have some error logs on a windows machine that I need to parse from a text file, but I know nothing about perl. I usually run this bash script on my linux box and it does just what I need. How would I do the same thing with perl and port it to my windows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cstovall
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Timestamp conversion

Hi, I have searched, read and tried, but no luck. I have this code: #!/bin/perl -w #-d use strict; use POSIX qw(strftime); my $getprpw_list="/usr/lbin/getprpw -l"; my $host = "nbsol151"; my $user = "genadmin"; my %uid; my %spwchg; my %upwchg; my %slogint; (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejdv
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl instead of grep 'conversion' help?

Hello: I butchered a shell script together, but my script kung-fu is 5 years old and all I've used for 5 years are for i loops. I hope that some perl guru can do in 5 minutes what takes me 5 weeks, so I am asking for help. I have a simple script using "grep -A 2 'string' /path/to/file" but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Habitual
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell or perl script needed for ldif file to text file conversion

This is the ldf file dn: sdcsmsisdn=1000000049,sdcsDatabase=subscriberCache,dc=example,dc=com objectClass: sdcsSubscriber objectClass: top postalCode: 29600 sdcsServiceLevel: 10 sdcsCustomerType: 14 givenName: Adelia sdcsBlackListAll: FALSE sdcsOwnerType: T-Mobile sn: Actionteam... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LinuxFriend
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Timestamp conversion in PERL

Hi, I have a file as below I need to overwrite the 2 nd column alone to numeric format like "06122011030414012345" as per the timestamp value output file should be the microseconds can be neglected if required. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

conversion of loop in perl

Hello Sir, How can i convert below two loop lines in perl for BLOCK in /sys/block/myblock* for BLOCK in /dev/myblock* How i can write them in perl like foreach( </sys/block/myblock*/queue/nr_requests> ) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required for Oracle database shutdown script conversion from shell to perl

Please tell me how to convert below program from shell script to perl. Same commands need to use in shutdown, just need program help for startup. export ORACLE_BASE=/home/oracle1 lsnrctl start lndb1 sqlplus '/ as sysdba' startup; (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Color encoding on the disk space script

Hi All, Hope all are doing good!! Am glad that i have utilized some ideas and written a code to make the disk space result comes better and it was successfully running in the production. The next update from my manager was to make this code to come in a table format with color added. 1)... (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kalaihari
28 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion of Perl Script to Shell Script..

Hi Guys I am having a perl script that fetches exclude list from a unix client and I trying it to convert it to shell script but I am having issues please help me... #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; use Getopt::Std; # To turn on debuging (i.e. more information) specify... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pawan Ramnani
29 Replies

10. Solaris

View file encoding then change encoding.

Hi all!! I´m using command file -i myfile.xml to validate XML file encoding, but it is just saying regular file . I´m expecting / looking an output as UTF8 or ANSI / ASCII Is there command to display the files encoding? Thank you! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrreds
2 Replies
post(3MENU)															       post(3MENU)

NAME
post - write or erase menus from associated subwindows SYNOPSIS
#include <menu.h> int post_menu(MENU *menu); int unpost_menu(MENU *menu); DESCRIPTION
The function post_menu displays a menu to its associated subwindow. To trigger physical display of the subwindow, use refresh or some equivalent curses routine (the implicit doupdate triggered by an curses input request will do). post_menu resets the selection status of all items. The function unpost_menu erases menu from its associated subwindow. RETURN VALUE
These routines return one of the following: E_OK The routine succeeded. E_SYSTEM_ERROR System error occurred (see errno). E_BAD_ARGUMENT Routine detected an incorrect or out-of-range argument. E_POSTED The menu has already been posted. E_BAD_STATE Routine was called from an initialization or termination function. E_NO_ROOM Menu is too large for its window. You should consider to use set_menu_format() to solve the problem. E_NOT_POSTED The menu has not been posted. E_NOT_CONNECTED No items are connected to the menu. SEE ALSO
ncurses(3NCURSES), menu(3MENU). NOTES
The header file <menu.h> automatically includes the header file <curses.h>. PORTABILITY
These routines emulate the System V menu library. They were not supported on Version 7 or BSD versions. AUTHORS
Juergen Pfeifer. Manual pages and adaptation for new curses by Eric S. Raymond. post(3MENU)