Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Script to ask for a sentence and then count number of spaces in the sentence Post 302381702 by charlie101208 on Saturday 19th of December 2009 10:43:30 PM
Old 12-19-2009
Thanks guys works prefect.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grepping for a sentence

Can you grep for a sentence. I have to search logs everyday at work and I was wondering if I could search for a string of words instead of just one. for example, if I had to find this sentence: "Received HTTP message type" How would I grep it (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eloquent99
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

paste a sentence

Hi, I have a big file like this: BBR 0004186 916 H $$a BBR 0031086 916 H $$a BBR 0032551 916 H $$a BBR 0035481 916 H $$a I would like to add globally a senetence : BBR 0004186 916 H $$a new acquisition How i'll do it? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gilead29
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script pass sentence in block

Hello, I want to know is it possible to pass a block of sentence using bash. For example, I have a script called Test.sh that takes in $1 and $2. and I'm calling Test.sh in a.sh so in a.sh Test.sh '' 'This is a sentence' Because block are separated by space so when I do that, I get... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: katrvu
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in script; [ script to control a sentence & its words ]

Hello friends, I am looking for any sed/awk/python script that can identify the position of a character or word in a file. Well, I prefer sed. <space> is a tab space since I actually dont know how to make the forum editor display a space as such. Sample text ----------- ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to split a sentence

Hi, Can anybody help me out, how can I split the sentence, 11111 12-12-2002 1000 23 22222 11-11-2011 2000 24 13131 09-02-2002 like the below format, 11111 12-12-2002 1000 23 22222 11-11-2011 2000 24 etc.... Plz help... Thanks in advance...!! (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kattoor
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

counting number of sentence

Hi all I want to count total numbers of sentences separated by fullstop (.) in different files under a directory at one go. Any help is appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[grep] how to grep a sentence which has quotation marks "sentence"

I would like to check with grep in this configuration file: { "alt-speed-down": 200, "alt-speed-enabled": true, "alt-speed-time-begin": 1140, "alt-speed-time-day": 127, "...something..." : true, ... } "alt-speed-enabled" (the third line of the file) is setted to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ciro314
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get a number from a grepped sentence of a file?

I want get a number(ID) from a sentence which has been grepped from file using error number. For Example: #!/bin/ksh echo "Enter RRS ID: " read rrs echo "Enter error number:" read err scp -pr ptc-avdbamdw102:/home/icsprd/M3logs/Accurate/logs/corp_post/$rrs.*.err.txt $HOME/daemon_mail/... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JayDoshi
7 Replies

9. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Normalizing files for sentence count

I have files with many different formats and breaks in odd places. now I want to normalize them to be able to count the sentence in each file 1: I want to count the sentences is they finish with ! . ? 2: but I don't want it to count if there is no space after the Full stop. e.g. S.O.L I have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: A-V
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to receive a specific alphanumeric number from a sentence?

Hi, I am quite new to shell scripting. I am facing challenge in retrieving a specific number from a sentence from the log. the number is random and changes everytime in the log. For example, The number of rows updated in table is: 7000 The number of rows updated in table is: 8000 The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arghadeep adity
3 Replies
GVMAP.SH(1)						      General Commands Manual						       GVMAP.SH(1)

NAME
gvmap.sh - pipeline for running gvmap SYNOPSIS
gvmap.sh [-vV?] [ options ] [ -o outfile ] [ files ] DESCRIPTION
gvmap.sh takes as input a graph in DOT format, performs a layout, runs the output through gvmap and renders the output. At some point, it is hoped to integrate all of these tasks into gvmap. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -a k The integer k specifies the average number of artificial points added along the bounding box of the labels. Such artificial points are added to avoid a country boundary cutting through the boundary box of the labels. Computing time is proportional to k; hence, for large graphs, a small value of k is suggested. If k = -1, a suitable value of k is automatically selected based on the graph size. By default k = -1. -K layout specifies which program should be use for the initial layout. By default, sfdp is run. Also by default, the layout is passed the flag -Goverlap=prism. This can be overridden using a -g flag. -T format specifies the final output format. This works the same way as the -T flag for any Graphviz layout program. -N attr=val specifies the setting of a default node attribute during the rendering phase. This works the same way as the -N flag for any Graphviz layout program. -G attr=val specifies the setting of a graph attribute during the rendering phase. This works the same way as the -G flag for any Graphviz lay- out program. -E attr=val specifies the setting of a default edge attribute during the rendering phase. This works the same way as the -E flag for any Graphviz layout program. -n attr=val specifies the setting of a default node attribute during the layout phase. This works the same way as the -N flag for any Graphviz layout program. -g attr=val specifies the setting of a graph attribute during the layout phase. This works the same way as the -G flag for any Graphviz layout program. -e attr=val specifies the setting of a default edge attribute during the layout phase. This works the same way as the -E flag for any Graphviz layout program. -A flag specifies a flag to be passed to gvmap. For example, gvmap.sh -Ae -As3 causes gvmap -e -s3 to be run. -v Set verbose mode. -V Print version information and exit. -? Print usage information and exit. EXAMPLES
The following invocation creates a map with edges in semi-transparent light gray and nodes laid out using sfdp: gvmap.sh -Ae -Ecolor=#55555522 -Tpng foo.gv > foo.png It is equivalent to running the pipeline sfdp -Goverlap=prism foo.gv | gvmap -e | neato -n2 -Ecolor=#55555522 -Tpng > foo.png AUTHOR
Emden R. Gansner <erg@research.att.com> SEE ALSO
gvmap(1), sfdp(1), neato(1), gvpr(1) E. R. Gansner, Y. Hu, S. G. Kobourov, "GMap: Visualizing graphs and clusters as maps," Proc. Pacific Vis. 2010, pp. 201-208. 31 March 2011 GVMAP.SH(1)