Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Create GUI or Executable For Script Post 302381665 by fpmurphy on Saturday 19th of December 2009 11:49:08 AM
Old 12-19-2009
Here is an article about dtksh which appeared in the Linux Journal that might help you understand what this shell can do for you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to create a custom GUI

In Unix, is there any way in which I can create a GUI like Realplayer? I mean the Windows Look & Feel. Borded with buttons, windows, dialogs and other predefined widgets, I am wondering how to create my own buttons that come in different shapes and fashions or even draw images/control objects... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hirosima
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

can we create a GUI by shall script

Hi All, I am not new to unix but just begin to realizing the power of unix shell programming.. i need to create a shell script that can provide a graphical interface to me to enter information.. and this script i ll run through telnet program remotly.. is this possible ... plz guide me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnray31
1 Replies

3. Programming

Makefile compilation Error -Unable to create executable

Hi , While trying to compile a PRO*C code on unix using makefile i get the following errors. i am now working on a 10g migration (from 8i) ... these makefile perfectly work in previous version. ld: fatal: file... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivalives
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create A Simple GUI For Shell Script

Hi all! Im wondering if its possible to create a GUI for a shell script I just got done writing as the people that will be using it dont like the command line all to well. Just something simple with radio buttons to select options, maybe a text field to enter a location to save the file generated... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Grizzly
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create executable file just like in folder /bin?

I know shell is an interpreter language, but can I make an executable file just like in folder /bin, /usr/bin, etc which source code was from a .sh file or from some .sh files?? My main purpose is to hide the source code. thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 14th
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a GUI from where in we can execute unix commands

Hello Experts, In my current job I need to upgrade a web GUI to execute Unix commands in a server....I am completely new to programming--So can anyone here help me out with initial steps... Please notice that statement completely new to programming means-I never did it, SO I might keep on coming... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mhadi
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Command to list all header files used to create an executable

All, I would like to know if there is a command which will list all the header files which were used while creating the executable. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: helper
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create an executable bash script for these commands?

I wish to create an executable bash script that will run the following commands as root, that is, using sudo su iptables-save | awk '/^ / { print $1 } /^:+ / { print $1 " ACCEPT" ; } /COMMIT/ { print $0; }' | iptables-restoreMy first attempt at bash... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: thixeqi
9 Replies

9. Red Hat

ACLs - How can i create new executable files

Hello experts, I would like to know if is possible to create a default acl rule to a directory. in this directory all files created should have executable permissions by the group IT. i tried setfacl -m d:g:it:rwx /files tried to change the mask setfacl -m m::rwx /files but i still... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: berveglieri
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Motif GUI example. UNIX executable ready.

Motif GUI example. Unix executable ready. Hi , i have attached my executable GUI example file in form of a .gz file. please gunzip file before. May i ask you for check it out that it is running on your machine ? You should have "Motif" package installed. when you klick the unix executable... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sennenmut
4 Replies
CVTBATCH(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       CVTBATCH(8)

NAME
cvtbatch - convert Usenet batch file to INN format SYNOPSIS
cvtbatch [ -w items ] DESCRIPTION
Cvtbatch reads standard input as a series of lines, converts each line, and writes it to standard output. It is used to convert simple batchfiles that contain just the article name to INN batchfiles that contain additional information about each article. Each line is taken as the pathname to a Usenet article. If it is not an absolute pathname, it is taken relative to the spool directory, <patharticles in inn.conf>. (Only the first word of each line is parsed; anything following whitespace is ignored.) OPTIONS
-w The ``-w'' flag specifies how each output line should be written. The items for this flag should be chosen from the ``W'' flag items as specified in newsfeeds(5). They may be chosen from the following set: b Size of article in bytes f full pathname of article m article message-id n relative pathname of article If the input file consists of a series of Message-ID's, then use grephistory(1) with the ``-s'' flag piped into cvtbatch. HISTORY
Written by Rich $alz <rsalz@uunet.uu.net> for InterNetNews. This is revision 1.5, dated 1998/04/09. SEE ALSO
grephistory(1), inn.conf(5), newsfeeds(5). CVTBATCH(8)