Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Find avg using awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find avg using awk Post 302381633 by Steve_09 on Saturday 19th of December 2009 07:53:06 AM
Old 12-19-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by gh0std0g74
if you can use Python, here's an alternative
Code:
for line in open("file"):
    line=line.rstrip()
    sl=line.split(",")
    t=[]
    num=[int(i) for i in sl[3::2]]
    for n in num:
        if n>=5:
            t.append(n)
    try:
        print "Avg: %s %.2f" % ( sl[1],sum(t)//len(t))
    except : pass

output
Code:
$ ./python.py
Avg: Jordan Mary 7.00
Avg: Leven Kate 6.00
Avg: Owen Chris 6.00

Thanks, i don't use Python but i hop someday Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

sles 9 - sudden high load avg

Hi Running SLES 9(4) on PE 1950. I saw yesterday that the load average on the machine was 54 and keeping around that number. Later I found there were 54 /USR/SBIN/CRON processes running in the system. I tried to kill using killall, kill -9 pid but they did not get killed. I also tried stopping... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: upengan78
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ps avg | grep ? filter the desired out put.

Hi Folk, Following is the command I used to get data related to the DataFlowEngine. I wanted to know the % usage of cpu and memory. ps avg | grep Data This command will show the processes with its PID as : PID TTY STAT TIME PGIN SIZE RSS LIM TSIZ TRS %CPU %MEM COMMAND ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varungupta
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting avg latency value from ping output

Hello Everyone, Below is the output of the ping from a router. Please help with a script which extract the Avg value from the o/p (Avg here = 4, as depicted below) and put the value into a new file. Will appreciate your help dearly Router#ping 36.36.36.36 Type escape sequence to abort.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjugab
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Avg using awk

Coins: gold 1 1986 USA American Eagle gold 1 1908 Austria-Hungary Franz Josef 100 Korona silver 10 1981 USA ingot gold 1 1984 Switzerland ingot gold 1 1979 RSA Krugerrand gold 0.5 1981 RSA Krugerrand gold 0.1 1986 PRC Panda silver 1 1986 USA Liberty dollar gold 0.25 1986 USA Liberty... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramesh M
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate avg response time on hourly basis

Hi, I am trying to calculate avg response time on hourly basis from the log file which has millions of records. As of now I am trying with creating temp file which will have lines with unique id and start time and end time and after that another script will run on this temp file to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: random_thoughts
7 Replies

6. AIX

Nmon max and avg for cpu and memory

Hi All, Anyone know how to capture the nmon avg and max cpu and memory for one of the AIX server for Monthly Utilization Report purposes ? Thanks. ---------- Post updated at 05:18 AM ---------- Previous update was at 05:07 AM ---------- if possible use shell script to count or sum... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckwan
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the min avg and max with awk

aaa: 3 ms aaa: 2 ms aaa: 5 ms aaa: 10 ms .......... to get the 3 2 5 10 ...'s min avg and max something like min: 2 ms avg: 5 ms max: 10 ms (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to find the avg of every 3 rows but only show last result?

Hi, I've got as far as this: awk '{sum+=$1}(NR%3==1){avg=sum/3; print avg}' input.txt Input it: 0.1 txt txt 0.2 txt txt 0.3 txt txt So, the I get the results: 0.0333333 0.133333 0.2 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JohnnyEnglish
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Avg calculation for top 5 records

Hi, we have a file which contains Area, Country & Rank fields. AREA,COUNTRY,RANK A,MX,1 A,MX,2 A,MX,4 A,MX,6 A,MX,3 A,MX,8 A,IN,7 A,IN,5 A,IN,2 B,CN,6 B,CN,2 B,CN,7 B,CN,0 -------- -------- (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JSKOBS
1 Replies

10. Programming

Sybase ASE - AVG Function Error

Hi Team - I am using Sybase ASE 15.7 version. Below query is throwing an error stating Error : incorrect syntax near the keyword 'OVER' SELECT EMPLOYEE_ID , EMPLOYEE , Department, CAST( Salary as DECIMAL( 10, 2 ) ) AS Salary CAST(AVG( Salary) OVER ( PARTITION... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
3 Replies
GTYPIST(1)							   User Commands							GTYPIST(1)

NAME
gtypist - a typing tutor with lessons for different keyboards and languages SYNOPSIS
gtypist [ options... ] [ script-file ] DESCRIPTION
`gtypist' is a typing tutor with several lessons for different keyboards and languages. New lessons can be written by the user easily. OPTIONS
-b --personal-best track personal best typing speeds -e % --max-error=% default maximum error percentage (default 3.0); valid values are between 0.0 and 100.0 -n --notimer turn off WPM timer in drills -t --term-cursor use the terminal's hardware cursor -f P --curs-flash=P cursor flash period P*.1 sec (default 10); valid values are between 0 and 512; this is ignored if -t is specified -c F,B --colours=F,B set initial display colours where available -s --silent don't beep on errors -q --quiet same as -s, --silent -l L --start-label=L start the lesson at label 'L' -w --word-processor try to mimic word processors -k --no-skip forbid the user to skip exercises -i --show-errors highlight errors with reverse video -h --help print this message -v --version output version information and exit -S --always-sure do not ask confirmation questions --banner-colors=F,B,P,V set top banner colours (background, foreground, package and version respectively) --scoring=wpm,cpm set scoring mode (words per minute or characters per minute) If not supplied, script-file defaults to '/usr/local/share/gtypist/gtypist.typ'. The path $GTYPIST_PATH is searched for script files. EXAMPLES
To run the default lesson in english `gtypist.typ': gtypist To run the lesson in spanish: gtypist esp.typ To instruct gtypist to look for lesson `bar.typ' in a non standard directory: GTYPIST_PATH="/home/foo" gtypist bar.typ To run the lesson in the file `test.typ' of directory `temp', starting at label `TEST1', using the terminal's cursor, and run silently: gtypist -t -q -l TEST1 /temp/test.typ AUTHOR
Written by Simon Baldwin REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to bug-gtypist@gnu.org COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 Simon Baldwin. Copyright (C) 2003, 2004, 2008, 2011 GNU Typist Development Team. This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details please see the file 'COPYING' supplied with the source code. This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions; again, see 'COPYING' for details. This program is released under the GNU General Public License. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for gtypist is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and gtypist programs are properly installed at your site, the command info gtypist should give you access to the complete manual. gtypist 2.9.1 November 2011 GTYPIST(1)