Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Sending emails in C program for multiple machines on Linux/OSX Post 302381593 by Jess83 on Friday 18th of December 2009 11:01:00 PM
Old 12-19-2009
Thanks Tony, sadly no I can't afford assuming sendmail/mutt or anything is pre-configured already... Alot of these customers are using our web-interface based email client therefor most aren't technically inclined enough to configured it themselves. Thats why I thought the script was a good solution until it acts up. However thanks for the great info I will look into this and let you know.

Best regards,

Jess

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending Emails to a unix process

Hi , I need to have a unix process which is setup to read all incoming mail for some user and process the same. How tough it is to code the same.Is there any way that we can download some shell scripts for the same from some internet site Kindly help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xsriniva
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending Outgoing Emails from Unix Server

the server i have here is a Ubuntu server. it has nagios on it. after setting up nagios and having it work as it should, i realized at the very end of all my work that obviously nagios will also need to send out email alerts to a set of email addresses that it has in its database. my problem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

3. Solaris

How to use text Fonts while sending emails from mailx?

Hi Team, I want to use "Courier New" fonts while sending emails using mailx command from solaris command prompt. Because my SQL output is not printing in correct format in the email. Please assist. Let me know for any details. Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mukharam Khan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting lines and sending emails

What I am doing is running ps and search for any connection that is over a specified number, I set it to "1" for testing I want to send an email when any of them are over 50 I want them all in one email Below is the code what I want is to display the output of ps and grepping for "httpd" to a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slufoot80
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change passwords for User accounts on multiple UNIX/Linux machines remotely?

Hello Experts, Need some direction on creating shell script for following environment: We have about 20 people in the team working as Oracle DBA's (sysdba's and appdba's). Total Servers which is a mix of Unix and Linux are 200. We do not have Root user access on any of the servers and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sha2402
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hide from adress while sending emails

I have a shell script that sends email alerts to all the teams if there's any issue identified . This is the command that I use to send email alerts to others cat out.out | mail -s "Alerts on $date" $EMAILID Above code sends emails to all the users by default it sends emails to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lazydev
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending files to multiple emails

Hi All, I want to send each file to each email id as below. Instead of writing saparate 10 mail commands can we do it in a simple step. file1.csv to raghu.s@hps.com file2.csv to kiran.m@hps.com file3.csv to kenni.d@hps.com file4.csv to rani.d@hps.com file5.csv to sandya.s@hps.com... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROCK_PLSQL
2 Replies

8. Debian

Logcheck sending emails everywhere

Hi, I just recently installed logcheck running it at defaults. I don't have a /home/logcheck, even though the logcheck.conf MAILTO variable says "logcheck". Now I have a .forward in my regular home /home/awayand which gets an hourly report from logcheck but I have no clue how to turn that off. I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: awayand
0 Replies

9. Debian

Problem sending out emails

Hi, Our email relay server is a debian server. The application team in our company regularly receives email alerts from one hpux server (which is routed through the email relay server). Today we had problems whereby our company's email recipients are not receiving email alerts from the hpux... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
2 Replies
NMUDIFF(1)						      General Commands Manual							NMUDIFF(1)

NAME
nmudiff - email an NMU diff to the Debian BTS SYNOPSIS
nmudiff [options] DESCRIPTION
nmudiff should be run in the source tree of the package being NMUed, after the NMU is built. It assumes that the source packages (specifi- cally, the .dsc and any corresponding tar and diff files) for both the previous version of the package and the newly built NMU version are in the parent directory. It then uses debdiff to generate a diff between the previous version and the current NMU, and either runs mutt or an editor (using sensible-editor) so that the mail message (including the diff) can be examined and modified; once you exit the editor the diff will be mailed to the Debian BTS. The default behaviour is that if exactly one bug is closed by this NMU, then that bug will be mailed, otherwise a new bug will be submit- ted. This behaviour may be changed by command line options and configuration file options. OPTIONS
--new Instead of mailing the bug reports which are to be closed by this NMU, a new bug report is submitted directly to the BTS. --old Send the bug report to all of the bugs which are being closed by this NMU, rather than opening a new bug report. This option has no effect if no bugs are being closed by this NMU. --mutt Use mutt(1) for editing and sending the message to the BTS (default behaviour). This can be controlled using a configuration file option (see below). --no-mutt Use sensible-editor(1) to edit the message and then mail it directly using /usr/bin/sendmail. This can be controlled using a con- figuration file option (see below). --sendmail SENDMAILCMD Specify the sendmail command. The command will be split on white space and will be interpreted by the shell. Default is /usr/sbin/sendmail. The -t option will be automatically added if the command is /usr/sbin/sendmail or /usr/sbin/exim*. For other mailers, if they require a -t option, this must be included in the SENDMAILCMD, for example: --sendmail="/usr/sbin/mymailer -t". This can also be set using the devscripts configuration files; see below. --from EMAIL If using the sendmail (--no-mutt) option, then the email to the BTS will be sent using the name and address in the environment vari- ables DEBEMAIL and DEBFULLNAME. If these are not set, then the variables EMAIL and NAME will be used instead. These can be over- ridden using the --from option. The program will not work in this case if an email address cannot be determined. --delay DELAY Indicate in the generated mail that the NMU has been uploaded to the DELAYED queue, with a delay of DELAY days. The default value is XX which adds a placeholder to the e-mail. A value of 0 indicates that the upload has not been delayed. This can also be set using the devscripts configuration files; see below. --no-delay, --nodelay Equivalent to --delay 0. --no-conf, --noconf Do not read any configuration files. This can only be used as the first option given on the command-line. --help Display a help message and exit successfully. --version Display version and copyright information and exit successfully. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
The two configuration files /etc/devscripts.conf and ~/.devscripts are sourced in that order to set configuration variables. Command line options can be used to override configuration file settings. Environment variable settings are ignored for this purpose. The currently recognised variables are: NMUDIFF_DELAY If this is set to a number, e-mails generated by nmudiff will by default mention an upload to the DELAYED queue, delayed for the specified number of days. The value 0 indicates that the DELAYED queue has not been used. NMUDIFF_MUTT Can be yes (default) or no, and specifies whether to use mutt to compose and send the message or not, as described above. NMUDIFF_NEWREPORT This option controls whether a new bug report is made, or whether the diff is sent to the bugs closed by this NMU. Can be maybe (default), which sends to the existing bug reports if exactly one bug is being closed; yes, which always creates a new report, or no, which always sends to the reports of the bugs being closed (unless no bugs are being closed, in which case a new report is always made). BTS_SENDMAIL_COMMAND If this is set, specifies a sendmail command to use instead of /usr/sbin/sendmail. Same as the --sendmail command line option. SEE ALSO
debdiff(1), sensible-editor(1) and devscripts.conf(5). AUTHOR
nmudiff was written and is copyright 2006 by Steinar H. Gunderson and modified by Julian Gilbey <jdg@debian.org>. The software may be freely redistributed under the terms and conditions of the GNU General Public License, version 2. DEBIAN
Debian Utilities NMUDIFF(1)