Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Export data from DB2 table to .txt file(space delimited) Post 302381110 by durden_tyler on Thursday 17th of December 2009 07:53:46 AM
Old 12-17-2009
I think you executed that command from the shell.
Try executing it after connecting to your DB2 database.

tyler_durden

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

help for writing shell script to export table data

Hi All, I need to write a shell script(ksh) to take the tables backup in oracle(exporting tables data). The tables list is not static, and those are selecting through dynamic sql query. Can any body help how to write this shell script. Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankarg
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove first column of a space delimited txt

how to remove the first column of a space delimited txt file? there are 12+ columns... what is the cleanest way? could use awk and print all but the first, but it looks kinda ugly awk '{print $2" "$3" "$4" "$5" "$6" "$7" "$8" "$9" "$10" "$11" "$12"}' file.txt whats a better way? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajp7701
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting Space delimited file to Tab delimited file

Hi all, I have a file with single white space delimited values, I want to convert them to a tab delimited file. I tried sed, tr ... but nothing is working. Thanks, Rajeevan D (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeevs81
16 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to export table data to xml file?

Hi , I would like to get some suggestion from the experts. My requirement is to export oracle table data as an xml file. Any unix/linux tools, scripts available? Regards, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxLearner
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to export data from Oracle table .

Hi, I want to write a shell script which will export data from oracle table . I don't want to save that data . I want the queries . Right now i am right clicking on the table and clicking on export as to my desktop . Please let me know if any one have any idea . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: honey26
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert a space delimited file into a pipe delimited file using shellscript?

Hi All, I have space delimited file similar to the one as shown below.. I need to convert it as a pipe delimited, the values inside the pipe delimited file should be as highlighted... AA ATIU2345098809 009697 005374 BB ATIU2345097809 005445 006518 CC ATIU9685098809 003215 003571 DD... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithins007
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing only the first space to a tab in a space delimited text file

Hi, I have a space delimited text file but I only want to change the first space to a tab and keep the rest of the spaces intact. How do I go about doing that? Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make tab delimited file to space delimited?

Hi How to make tab delimited file to space delimited? in put file: ABC kgy jkh ghj ash kjl o/p file: ABC kgy jkh ghj ash kjl Use code tags, thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagdishrout
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to export hive table data to a file on local UNIX?

Hi All , I am stuck on the below situation.I have a table called "test" which are created on hive.I need to export the data from hive to a file(test.txt) on local unix system.I have tried the below command ,but its giving the exception . hive -e "select * from test " > /home/user/test.txt ; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: STCET22
1 Replies

10. Linux

Parsing - export html table data as .csv file?

Hi all, Is there any out there have a brilliant idea on how to export html table data as .csv or write to txt file with separated comma and also get the filename of link from every table and put one line per rows each table. Please see the attached html and PNG of what it looks like. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lxdorney
7 Replies
DB2_SPECIAL_COLUMNS(3)							 1						    DB2_SPECIAL_COLUMNS(3)

db2_special_columns - Returns a result set listing the unique row identifier columns for a table

SYNOPSIS
resource db2_special_columns (resource $connection, string $qualifier, string $schema, string $table_name, int $scope) DESCRIPTION
Returns a result set listing the unique row identifier columns for a table. PARAMETERS
o $connection - A valid connection to an IBM DB2, Cloudscape, or Apache Derby database. o $qualifier - A qualifier for DB2 databases running on OS/390 or z/OS servers. For other databases, pass NULL or an empty string. o $schema - The schema which contains the tables. o $table_name - The name of the table. o $scope - Integer value representing the minimum duration for which the unique row identifier is valid. This can be one of the following values: +--------------+--------------------------------------+---+ |Integer value | | | | | | | | | SQL constant | | | | | | | | Description | | | | | | +--------------+--------------------------------------+---+ | 0 | | | | | | | | | SQL_SCOPE_CURROW | | | | | | | | Row identifier is valid only while | | | | the cursor is positioned on the row. | | | | | | | 1 | | | | | | | | | SQL_SCOPE_TRANSACTION | | | | | | | | Row identifier is valid for the | | | | duration of the transaction. | | | | | | | 2 | | | | | | | | | SQL_SCOPE_SESSION | | | | | | | | Row identifier is valid for the | | | | duration of the connection. | | | | | | +--------------+--------------------------------------+---+ RETURN VALUES
Returns a statement resource with a result set containing rows with unique row identifier information for a table. The rows are composed of the following columns: +------------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Column name | | | | | | | Description | | | | +------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | SCOPE | | | | | | | | | | | | | box, tab (|); c | c | c | . T{ Integer | | | value | | | | | | SQL constant | | | | | | Description | | | | +------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 0 | | | | | | | SQL_SCOPE_CURROW | | | | | | Row identifier is valid only while the cursor is | | | positioned on the row. | | | | | 1 | | | | | | | SQL_SCOPE_TRANSACTION | | | | | | Row identifier is valid for the duration of the | | | transaction. | | | | | 2 | | | | | | | SQL_SCOPE_SESSION | | | | | | Row identifier is valid for the duration of the | | | connection. | | | | +------------+---------------------------------------------------+ T} T{ COLUMN_NAME T} |T{ Name of the unique column. T} T{ DATA_TYPE T} |T{ SQL data type for the column. T} T{ TYPE_NAME T} |T{ Character string representation of the SQL data type for the column. T} T{ COLUMN_SIZE T} |T{ An integer value representing the size of the column. T} T{ BUFFER_LENGTH T} |T{ Maximum number of bytes necessary to store data from this column. T} T{ DECIMAL_DIGITS T} |T{ The scale of the column, or NULL where scale is not applicable. T} T{ NUM_PREC_RADIX T} |T{ An integer value of either 10 (representing an exact numeric data type), 2 (representing an approximate numeric data type), or NULL (rep- resenting a data type for which radix is not applicable). T} T{ PSEUDO_COLUMN T} |T{ Always returns 1. T} SEE ALSO
db2_column_privileges(3), db2_columns(3), db2_foreign_keys(3), db2_primary_keys(3), db2_procedure_columns(3), db2_procedures(3), db2_sta- tistics(3), db2_table_privileges(3), db2_tables(3). PHP Documentation Group DB2_SPECIAL_COLUMNS(3)