Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem combining two variables into one Post 302381094 by Eraser on Thursday 17th of December 2009 07:00:18 AM
Old 12-17-2009
It works! Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with variables

hi all , i wanted to know if someone knows how can i use a variable inside another variable e.g. #!/bin/csh foreach test(1 2 3) set sta_$test = "2" ##now its the problem i want to echo the new var #$sta_$test , each time with anothe num ($test = 1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: udi
2 Replies

2. Solaris

problem with environment variables

hi , i have a problem in setting value of $TERM variable in solaris while installing the SUN SPARCT1 simulation environment on ma pc so some one plkease guide me i have attached a snapshot of my error below thankew (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Naughtydj
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with variables in awk

Hi, I've a problem with wariables in awk. My example: $ cat test.txt 12|aaaa 13|bbbb 012|cccc 0123|dddd $ cat test.awk $1 == var {print $0} $ cat test.sh /usr/xpg4/bin/awk -F"|" -v var="012" -f test.awk test.txt (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: apresa
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining two variables in ksh

I can't believe I can't figure this out... given this code: CARS_DATA_LIST=`cat /tmp/file1 | awk '{print $1}' ` FMSA_DATA_LIST=`cat /tmp/file2 | awk '{print $1}' ` The value of each of the above variables is: CARS = a b c d e f g FMSA = a b c q r s I want to declare a third... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shoeless_Mike
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

concatenate variables problem

Hello, I have a tricky problem: I have a $file with a variable number of occurrences of "ORA-" (in this case two) .......... EXP-00008: ORACLE error 3113 encountered ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel EXP-00056: ORACLE error 1403 encountered ORA-01403: no data found... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Laurentiu
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining multiple variables into new variable

Hello, I am a new joiner to the forum, and have what i hope is a simple question, however I can't seem to find the answer so maybe it is not available within bash scripting. I intend to use the below script to archive files from multiple directories at once by using a loop, and a variable (n)... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dring
10 Replies

7. Programming

Combining Qt with GTK only one problem!

I am using this code: g_signal_connect(showapp_option, "activate", G_CALLBACK(&MainWindow::show_app), appindicator); so as to connect my indicator menu item to the function show_app(), and it works just fine, irregardless the fact that I get the following warning: warning: converting from... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk problem - combining awk statements

i have a datafile that has several lines that look like this: 2,dataflow,Sun Mar 17 16:50:01 2013,1363539001,2990,excelsheet,660,mortar,660,4 using the following command: awk -F, '{$3=strftime("%a %b %d %T %Y,%s",$3)}1' OFS=, $DATAFILE | egrep -v "\-OLDISSUES," | ${AWK} "/${MONTH} ${DAY}... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with variables in sed

Hello! I have a problem to insert variables with sed... And I can't find the solution. :confused: I would like to display one/few line(s) between 2 values. This line works well sed -n '/Dec 12 10:42/,/Dec 12 10:47/p' Thoses lines with variables doesn't work and I don't find the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Castelior
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help using combining variables with sed command (RHEL 7)

Here is the whole script, very simple, but I am just learning ROK_NO=$1 RPT=/tmp/test sed -E '/^SELECT/ s/(.{23}).{8}/\1'"$ROK_NO"' /' $RPT echo $RPT When I run this I get $ bash rok.sh 2388085 : No such file or directory /tmp/test When I type the command in console, it works... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: isey78
3 Replies
nvram(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  nvram(8)

NAME
nvram - manipulate firmware NVRAM variables SYNOPSIS
nvram [ -p ] [ -f filename ] [ -d name ] [ -c ] [ name [= value ]] ... DESCRIPTION
The nvram command allows manipulation of firmware NVRAM variables. It can be used to get or set a variable. It can also be used to print all of the variables or set a list of variables from a file. Changes to NVRAM variables are only saved by clean restart or shutdown. In principle, name can be any string. In practice, not all strings will be accepted. New World machines can create new variables as desired. Some variables require administrator privilege to get or set. The given value must match the data type required for name. Binary data can be set using the %xx notation, where xx is the hex value of the byte. The type for new variables is always binary data. OPTIONS
-d name Deletes the named firmware variable. -f filename Set firmware variables from a text file. The file must be a list of "name value" statements. The first space on each line is taken to be the separator between "name" and "value". If the last character of a line is , the value extends to the next line. -x Use XML format for reading and writing variables. This option must be used before the -p or -f options, since arguments are pro- cessed in order. -c Delete all of the firmware variables. -p Print all of the firmware variables. EXAMPLES
example% nvram boot-args="-s rd=*hd:10" Set the boot-args variable to "-s rd=*hd:10". This would specify single user mode with the root device in hard drive partition 10. example% nvram my-variable="String One%00String Two%00%00" Create a new variable, my-variable, containing a list of two C-strings that is terminated by a NUL. example% nvram -d my-variable Deletes the variable named my-variable. October 28, 2003 nvram(8)