Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Building an argc/argv style structure from a string (char*) Post 302380944 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 16th of December 2009 05:34:21 PM
Old 12-16-2009
I got it. You really do need a parser. But the shell has one - modern shells that is.
Code:
#include <stdio.h>
#include <string.h>
/* using the default shell parser - no extra code required */
void make_args(char **argv, int *argc, char *string)
{
		char tmp[256]={0x0};
		FILE *cmd=NULL;
		int i=0;
		char *p=NULL;

sprintf(tmp, "set - %s && for i in %c$@%c;\n do\n echo $i\ndone", 
		        string, '"', '"');
		cmd=popen(tmp, "r");
		while (fgets(tmp, sizeof(tmp), cmd)!=NULL)
		{
		    p=strchr(tmp, '\n');
		    if (p!=NULL) *p=0x0;
				strcpy(argv[i++], tmp);
		}
		*argc=i;
}

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Using argv argc

I searched on the forums. No advises. I am using a previous source code. I changed the main function main(int argc, char **argv) in a function misc(int argc, char **argv). How do you use the argc and argv parameters? This is how I am calling the function : char param; strcat(param,"wgrib ");... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akeson Chihiro
4 Replies

2. Programming

dbx debugger + argv[argc]

Is it possible to use the dbx debugger with the CL options for the executable ? Say you have created a executable called myfunc which can take string arguments at run-time. You run it like this ./myfunc Hello World where Hello and World are the string arguments My question is whether... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JamesGoh
1 Replies

3. Programming

help for argv argc

Hi C experts, I have the following code for adding command line option for a program int main (argc, argv) int argc; char *argv; { char *mem_type; //memory type char *name; //name of the memory int addr; //address bits int data; ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: return_user
5 Replies

4. Programming

How to turn argv[1] into a string in C?

i have a function that's parameter is char *s and in the main function i am sending that function &(argv), but i dont think this is working, how can i fix this? can i cast it to be a string or something? is there a way i can create a new string thats exactly what argv is equal to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ARGV and ARGC in bash 3 and bash 3.2

Hi Folks, I've prepared a shell script that takes action based on arguments and number of arguments..sample code like: ARGV=("$@") ARGC=("$#") case ${ARGV} in abc) if ; then ...... else printf "\nInvalid number of arguments, please check the inputs and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SBC
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

argc/ argv in awk

Hi guys, i'm trying to solve this problem. I have to run something like cat file1.txt | awk -f script.awk 10 if i'm in the awk script, how can i take the parameter :10 ??:wall: i try something like : BEGIN{ var=argv } {..} END{..} but obviously is not correct... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: heaven25
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

O argv, argv, wherefore art thou argv?

All of my machines (various open source derivatives on x86 and amd64) store argv above the stack (at a higher memory address). I am curious to learn if any systems store argv below the stack (at a lower memory address). I am particularly interested in proprietary Unices, such as Solaris, HP-UX,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: alister
9 Replies

8. Programming

Building Block style programming Book

Hello to all, Here is my situation. Some time in the mid-80's I stumbled across a small white programming book - can't remember the name but it was unique in that it started right out giving instructions on creating building blocks in code as a foundation for a complete system. The book was... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jozefn
2 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help using argc/argv in assignment

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: First, create a "hello world" program that prints "Hello World". But NOW, instead use argc to verify that a... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: miniviking10
9 Replies
copymsg(9F)						   Kernel Functions for Drivers 					       copymsg(9F)

NAME
copymsg - copy a message SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/stream.h> mblk_t *copymsg(mblk_t *mp); INTERFACE LEVEL
Architecture independent level 1 (DDI/DKI). PARAMETERS
mp Pointer to the message to be copied. DESCRIPTION
copymsg() forms a new message by allocating new message blocks, and copying the contents of the message referred to by mp (using the copyb(9F) function). It returns a pointer to the new message. RETURN VALUES
If the copy is successful, copymsg() returns a pointer to the new message. Otherwise, it returns a NULL pointer. CONTEXT
copymsg() can be called from user or interrupt context. EXAMPLES
Example 1: : Using copymsg The routine lctouc() converts all the lowercase ASCII characters in the message to uppercase. If the reference count is greater than one (line 8), then the message is shared, and must be copied before changing the contents of the data buffer. If the call to the copymsg() function fails (line 9), return NULL (line 10), otherwise, free the original message (line 11). If the reference count was equal to 1, the message can be modified. For each character (line 16) in each message block (line 15), if it is a lowercase letter, convert it to an upper- case letter (line 18). A pointer to the converted message is returned (line 21). 1 mblk_t *lctouc(mp) 2 mblk_t *mp; 3 { 4 mblk_t *cmp; 5 mblk_t *tmp; 6 unsigned char *cp; 7 8 if (mp->b_datap->db_ref > 1) { 9 if ((cmp = copymsg(mp)) == NULL) 10 return (NULL); 11 freemsg(mp); 12 } else { 13 cmp = mp; 14 } 15 for (tmp = cmp; tmp; tmp = tmp->b_cont) { 16 for (cp = tmp->b_rptr; cp < tmp->b_wptr; cp++) { 17 if ((*cp <= 'z') && (*cp >= 'a')) 18 *cp -= 0x20; 19 } 20 } 21 return(cmp); 22 } SEE ALSO
allocb(9F), copyb(9F), msgb(9S) Writing Device Drivers STREAMS Programming Guide SunOS 5.10 27 Jun 1995 copymsg(9F)