Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Lots of page faults and free memory Post 302380795 by zaxxon on Wednesday 16th of December 2009 08:00:42 AM
Old 12-16-2009
You can point your admins politely/carefully here to this thread/forum. It's about helping each other not to show off so maybe they appreciate it Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Copy on Write page faults

Hello Please can you tell me how to access COPY ON WRITE page faults in HP -UNIX. I found the structure in /usr/include/sys/vmmeter with the structure name vmmeter. Please tell me the function to fill the values to this structure and also the arguments for function.:: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjunath
5 Replies

2. HP-UX

Intransient blocking page faults

Hi, Will anybody tell me what is this 'intransient blocking page faults' in HP-UX, it is in the structure _pst_vminfo in the header file /ust/include/sys/pstat/vm_pstat_body.h? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushaga
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shared memory shortage but lots of unused memory

I am running HP-UX B.11.11. I'm increasing a parameter for a database engine so that it uses more memory to buffer the disk drive (to speed up performance). I have over 5GB of memory not being used. But when I try to start the DB with the increased buffer parameter I get told. "Not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cjcamaro
1 Replies

4. AIX

High Page Faults

Sorry my poor english In 570 pseries nmon shows excessive page faults, ascents of something more than 30000 Page faults. System: AIX 5.2 ML5 Processor Type: PowerPC_POWER5 Number Of Processors: 2 Processor Clock Speed: 1656 MHz CPU Type: 64-bit Kernel Type: 64-bit Memory Size: 2816 MB ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daviguez
1 Replies

5. Solaris

how to get the more memory free space (see memory free column)

Hi all, Could please let me know how to get the more memory free space (not added the RAM) in local zone. -bash-3.00# vmstat 2 5 kthr memory page disk faults cpu r b w swap free re mf pi po fr de sr s0 s1 s1 s1 in sy cs us sy... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: murthy76
3 Replies

6. Programming

How to deal with lots of data in memory in order not to run out of memory

Hi, I'm trying to learn how to manage memory when I have to deal with lots of data. Basically I'm indexing a huge file (5GB, but it can be bigger), by creating tables that holds offset <-> startOfSomeData information. Currently I'm mapping the whole file at once (yep!) but of course the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emitrax
1 Replies

7. AIX

Lots of page faults on AIX mySQL lpar

Hi, OS = AIX 5.3 Large number of page faults recently start to occure on AIX 5.3 lpar with mysql database installed. I need help in setting AIX OS parameter to solve the paging problem and some guidance on interpreting my stats t Code: # vmstat... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: crosys
5 Replies

8. AIX

AIX 7.1 high page faults

hi guys i hope you can help me with this situation. i have 2 lpar with aix 7.1 and oracle 11gr2 in grid mode. when i start nmon to check the current system health i notice that page fault are over 3000/s. than i have opened a case with ibm and they say that the problem is not paging nor... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gullio23
10 Replies

9. Solaris

Page faults on OS

Hi guys, I have a zone on a M5000 server running solaris 10. The zone has an SAP application running on it and facing some performance issues. As part of the troubleshooting, I've been recommended to look for any paging on the OS. Please advise how to look for the paging. I've been looking at... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frum
4 Replies

10. AIX

High Paging when lots of free memory AIX 5.3

I am new to AIX, I have few AIX 5.3 servers and I could see there are significant difference in paging space utilization on servers even though they are running same applications below server is working fine which shows 2-5 % paging usage throuh out the day cpu_scale_memp = 8... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bibish
12 Replies
ALCC(1) 							  aMule utilities							   ALCC(1)

NAME
alcc - text based eD2k links calculator for aMule SYNOPSIS
alcc [-p] [-v] <inputfiles_list> alcc [-h] DESCRIPTION
Compute the eD2k links of all the input files given in the <inputfiles_list> (There can be one or more files). [ -p, --parthashes ] Compute and add part hashes to the computed eD2k links. [ -h, --help ] Prints a short usage description. [ -v, --verbose ] Be verbose - show also calculation steps. REPORTING BUGS
Please report bugs either on our forum (http://forum.amule.org/), or in our bugtracker (http://bugs.amule.org/). Please do not report bugs in e-mail, neither to our mailing list nor directly to any team member. COPYRIGHT
aMule and all of its related utilities are distributed under the GNU General Public License. SEE ALSO
alc(1), amuled(1), amulecmd(1), amuleweb(1), cas(1), ed2k(1), wxcas(1), xas(1) AUTHOR
This manpage was written by Vollstrecker <amule@vollstreckernet.de> aMule eD2k links calculator November 2011 ALCC(1)