Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: integer to string
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers integer to string Post 302380737 by pludi on Wednesday 16th of December 2009 05:34:33 AM
Old 12-16-2009
Right. I should try and count until I've had my 4th coffee Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

convert from an integer to a string

i want to convert from an integer to a string..in unix...i am writing a C program with embedded SQL... I remeber using itoa...but for some reason it doesnt work......i cant find it in the manual..... Maybe that is the wrong command..... but i have checked Dev Studio.....and it doest exist in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojomonkeyhelper
6 Replies

2. Programming

Integer to String

Which function should I use to convert an Integer to a String or Char format ? Thanx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: psilva
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

conersting string to integer

Hi i am writing a shell script; I need to convert a string to integer so that i can use it in the 'awk' command to choose a field. can you please help me. thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abb058
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking if string contains integer

G'day guys, first post so be gentle. I need help with some code to work out if a variable (string) contains any integers. The valid variable (string) must contain only letters. Also need to be able to work out if a variable contains only integers. Any help greatly appreciated. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: haz
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting integer to String

Hi everyone, I would like to know how to convert an integer to a string. for instance if i=1 i would like to creat a variable called constant1. i want to do this in a for loop so for each value of i, i create a new variable such as constant2, constant3,... and so on. for i in 1 2 3 do ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ROOZ
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing string and integer in IF

hi, I need to create an IF condition. I read a line from a file and get the 5 word using space as a delimited. This word can have only two values either '*' or '1-5' I need to write an IF condition for two cases. I can either compare it to * or 1-5(or even 1 by cutting and getting only the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushys
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to compare string integer with an integer?

hi, how to I do this? i="4.000" if ; then echo "smaller" fi how do I convert the "4.000" to 4? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] How to extract integer out of a string?

Input: XXX:1,XXX:3,XXX:3 Output: A=1 B=3 C=3 Below code is what i do currently. However it doesn't work out for all cases. As some times the last digit extracted is giving me error. It cant be used for arithmetic computation. Any better methods out there? If possible, can you... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bananamen
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

String to integer

I am on HP-UX using ksh in the script. MaxSal=`sqlplus -silent /nolog <<EOF connect / as sysdba whenever sqlerror exit sql.sqlcode set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off heading off echo off select max(sal) from emp1; select max(sal) from emp2; select max(sal) from emp3; exit; EOF`... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bang_dba
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting string to integer

I have a function that is supposed to check for user processes and wait for 0 count before exiting the function. I am sure I have more than one issue in my code, but the stumbling block right now is that I am trying to convert the value of my variable from a string to integer. process_count... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: MIA651
10 Replies
STRING(3)						     Library Functions Manual							 STRING(3)

NAME
strcat, strncat, strcmp, strncmp, strcasecmp, strncasecmp, strcpy, strncpy, strlen, index, rindex - string operations SYNOPSIS
#include <strings.h> char *strcat(s, append) char *s, *append; char *strncat(s, append, count) char *s, *append; int count; strcmp(s1, s2) char *s1, *s2; strncmp(s1, s2, count) char *s1, *s2; int count; strcasecmp(s1, s2) char *s1, *s2; strncasecmp(s1, s2, count) char *s1, *s2; int count; char *strcpy(to, from) char *to, *from; char *strncpy(to, from, count) char *to, *from; int count; strlen(s) char *s; char *index(s, c) char *s, c; char *rindex(s, c) char *s, c; DESCRIPTION
These functions operate on null-terminated strings. They do not check for overflow of any receiving string. Strcat appends a copy of string append to the end of string s. Strncat copies at most count characters. Both return a pointer to the null- terminated result. Strcmp compares its arguments and returns an integer greater than, equal to, or less than 0, according as s1 is lexicographically greater than, equal to, or less than s2. Strncmp makes the same comparison but looks at at most count characters. Strcasecmp and strncasecmp are identical in function, but are case insensitive. The returned lexicographic difference reflects a conversion to lower-case. Strcpy copies string from to to, stopping after the null character has been moved. Strncpy copies exactly count characters, appending nulls if from is less than count characters in length; the target may not be null-terminated if the length of from is count or more. Both return to. Strlen returns the number of non-null characters in s. Index (rindex) returns a pointer to the first (last) occurrence of character c in string s or zero if c does not occur in the string. Set- ting c to NULL works. 4th Berkeley Distribution October 22, 1987 STRING(3)