Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Please help replace character command Post 302380670 by justbow on Wednesday 16th of December 2009 02:00:46 AM
Old 12-16-2009
i think that command only can remove this 'TBCD
how about this line.. " 0F'TBCD 19 " ??

i mean the column 1 2 3 there are a bit different in the result

Last edited by justbow; 12-16-2009 at 03:10 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to replace character

I've been googling for the following for the past few weeks several times, but haven't yet come across something that I could easily grasp. Can someone point me in the right direction please? I'm trying to replace a character in file names, i.e. the character is a period, and I want to replace... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: HLee1981
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

read in a file character by character - replace any unknown ASCII characters with spa

Can someone help me to write a script / command to read in a file, character by character, replace any unknown ASCII characters with space. then write out the file to a new filename/ Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghav525
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script command to replace character

Hi, i have log like this : Actually i want to change the time stamp, and the rule is like this : and My script is like this : I know the script will loop and loop again after 07:00 like this: Can somebody help me ?? Thanks in advance.. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: justbow
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace two character strings by two variables with sed command

Hello, I want to writte a script that replace two character strings by two variables with the command sed butmy solution doesn't work. I'm written this: sed "s/TTFactivevent/$TTFav/g && s/switchSLL/$SLL/g" templatefile. I want to replace TTFactivevent by the variable $TTFav, that is a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: POPO10
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

In Sed how can I replace starting from the 7th character to the 15th character.

Hi All, Was wondering how I can do the following.... I have a String as follows "ACCTRL000005022RRWDKKEEDKDD...." This string can be in a file called tail.out or in a Variable called $VAR2 Now I have another variable called $VAR1="000004785" (9 bytes long), I need the content of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohullah
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace multiple occurances of same character with a single character.

Hi all, Greetings, I have the following scenario, The contents of main file are like : Unix|||||forum|||||||||||||||is||||||the||best so||||||be|||||on||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||it And i need the output in the following form: Unix=forum=is=the=best so=be=on=it ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dipanchandra
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace '$' with no character using tr command

Hi All, Need your help urgently. since '$' comes at the end of the line i want to remove '$' using tr command: file: 111111|.11|.00$ 222222|2.22|.00$ 333333|.33|.00$ 444444|.44|.00$ Thanks in Advance (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace a character at last

Hi All, I have a file having one line only. It is like trapsess:inform|10.232.167.18|1|1|50|25|0|0|0|5|1|1|78|0037| I want to replace the numbers in last two columns by As. It should look like trapsess:inform|10.232.167.18|1|1|50|25|0|0|0|5|1|1|AA|AAAA| Please, suggest me any shell... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukeshbaranwal
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find character and Replace character for given position

Hi, i want find the character '-' in a file from position 284-298, if it occurs i need to replace it with 'O ' for the position in the file. How to do that using SED command. thanks in advance, Sara (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sara183
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Replace certain character at specific place with related character

hello i have file with 100k records and each one has certain value that starts at 28th column and certain value that starts at 88th column e.g. 1st file <25>1234567 ..... <88> 8573785485 i have aditional file with values which are related to value that starts at 88th column of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dell1520
1 Replies
DB2_FIELD_SCALE(3)							 1							DB2_FIELD_SCALE(3)

db2_field_scale - Returns the scale of the indicated column in a result set

SYNOPSIS
int db2_field_scale (resource $stmt, mixed $column) DESCRIPTION
Returns the scale of the indicated column in a result set. PARAMETERS
o $stmt - Specifies a statement resource containing a result set. o $column - Specifies the column in the result set. This can either be an integer representing the 0-indexed position of the column, or a string containing the name of the column. RETURN VALUES
Returns an integer containing the scale of the specified column. If the specified column does not exist in the result set, db2_field_scale(3) returns FALSE. SEE ALSO
db2_field_display_size(3), db2_field_name(3), db2_field_num(3), db2_field_precision(3), db2_field_type(3), db2_field_width(3). PHP Documentation Group DB2_FIELD_SCALE(3)