Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Searching data files for another file of values Post 302380626 by matkins99 on Tuesday 15th of December 2009 05:29:28 PM
Old 12-15-2009
Thanks, I just used a directory/*.txt for the data files, and that worked well.

I appreciate the help!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching list of entries in file for actual files in dir

Hi all, I have a file entries.txt that contains a number of entries all on seperate lines e.g. test1 test2 test3 test4 Then in a directory called /TestFiles I have a number of files that could contain the above text in the file name e.g. qwertytest1.csv qwertytest2.csv... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: not4google
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing data in file with values in table

Hi, I want to calculate the number of pipe delimiters in a file for all lines seperately. For eg:i have a file Project.txt Mohit|chawla|123|678 File1|File2|345|767|678 And my file contains many lines like this it shd give me the output as 4 5 or give me the output for all the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohit623
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching a particular string with spaces in a data file

Hi, I'm new to shell scripting and require your help in achieving the requirement. I have a data file which stores organization name as one of the column data in a csv data file. Organization name stored in data file is: Canadian OU CAD Sample Data file: 1,5,4,5,, ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy4013
9 Replies

4. Programming

searching files for hex or oct values

I have a set of files without extensions. How can I programatically tell if a file is in gzip format? The gzip file format spec RFC 1952 GZIP File Format Specification version 4.3 states that gzip files have certain hex/oct values at the beginning of the file. 1st byte = 0x1f in hex,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daflore
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

data searching and pasting with in the file

Hi All, I have .csv file in which I am trying to manipulate a column date, I started with awk but i am not sure how to do the below logic in . the file has a 23 columns and in the first row if the value is Trend and in the second column the value is Analysis then the program has to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shruthidwh
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Divide data with specific column values into separate files

hello! i need a little help from you :) ... i need to split a file into separate files depending on two conditions using scripting. The file has no delimiters. The conditions are col 17 = "P" and col 81 = "*", this will go to one output file; col 17 = "R" and col 81 = " ". Here is an example. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chanclitas
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare values in two files. For matching rows print corresponding values from File 1 in File2.

- I have two files (File 1 and File 2) and the contents of the files are mentioned below. - I am trying to compare the values of Column1 of File1 with Column1 of File2. If a match is found, print the corresponding value from Column2 of File1 in Column5 of File2. - I tried to modify and use... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santoshbn
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch the different data by searching with a same variable from a file in AIX server

Hi, I am trying to fetch the different values in an xml file by searching with the same variable in AIX Server. <name>SharedResources/Shared/JNDI/Username</name> <value>admin</value> <name>SharedResources/Shared/JNDI/Username</name> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tejastrikez
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help searching for values in file then adding to line

Hello! I'm currently trying to organize data for some bio research, but I'm not sure how to compare a value to values in a file. So what I have are 2 arrays, one array contains NM numbers and can be referenced as NM. The other array has symbols, SYM. I have a file for which it contains an NM... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ShiGua
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for values in a file

Hi guys. I'm trying to do a search on the fruit & brand inside Fruit.txt, and printing the result out in the following format: , , $, I am able to do this via the following code: awk -F: -vOFS=", " -vt="$Fruit:$Brand" '$0~t{$3="$"$3;print}' Fruit.txt However, I want to be able to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: todaealas
5 Replies
Archive::Zip::MemberRead(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Archive::Zip::MemberRead(3)

NAME
Archive::Zip::MemberRead - A wrapper that lets you read Zip archive members as if they were files. SYNOPSIS
use Archive::Zip; use Archive::Zip::MemberRead; $zip = Archive::Zip->new("file.zip"); $fh = Archive::Zip::MemberRead->new($zip, "subdir/abc.txt"); while (defined($line = $fh->getline())) { print $fh->input_line_number . "#: $line "; } $read = $fh->read($buffer, 32*1024); print "Read $read bytes as :$buffer: "; DESCRIPTION
The Archive::Zip::MemberRead module lets you read Zip archive member data just like you read data from files. METHODS
Archive::Zip::Member::readFileHandle() You can get a "Archive::Zip::MemberRead" from an archive member by calling "readFileHandle()": my $member = $zip->memberNamed('abc/def.c'); my $fh = $member->readFileHandle(); while (defined($line = $fh->getline())) { # ... } $fh->close(); Archive::Zip::MemberRead->new($zip, $fileName) Archive::Zip::MemberRead->new($zip, $member) Archive::Zip::MemberRead->new($member) Construct a new Archive::Zip::MemberRead on the specified member. my $fh = Archive::Zip::MemberRead->new($zip, 'fred.c') setLineEnd(expr) Set the line end character to use. This is set to by default except on Windows systems where it is set to . You will only need to set this on systems which are not Windows or Unix based and require a line end different from . This is a class method so call as "Archive::Zip::MemberRead"->"setLineEnd($nl)" rewind() Rewinds an "Archive::Zip::MemberRead" so that you can read from it again starting at the beginning. input_record_separator(expr) If the argument is given, input_record_separator for this instance is set to it. The current setting (which may be the global $/) is always returned. input_line_number() Returns the current line number, but only if you're using "getline()". Using "read()" will not update the line number. close() Closes the given file handle. buffer_size([ $size ]) Gets or sets the buffer size used for reads. Default is the chunk size used by Archive::Zip. getline() Returns the next line from the currently open member. Makes sense only for text files. A read error is considered fatal enough to die. Returns undef on eof. All subsequent calls would return undef, unless a rewind() is called. Note: The line returned has the input_record_separator (default: newline) removed. getline( { preserve_line_ending => 1 } ) Returns the next line including the line ending. read($buffer, $num_bytes_to_read) Simulates a normal "read()" system call. Returns the no. of bytes read. "undef" on error, 0 on eof, e.g.: $fh = Archive::Zip::MemberRead->new($zip, "sreeji/secrets.bin"); while (1) { $read = $fh->read($buffer, 1024); die "FATAL ERROR reading my secrets ! " if (!defined($read)); last if (!$read); # Do processing. .... } AUTHOR
Sreeji K. Das <sreeji_k@yahoo.com> See Archive::Zip by Ned Konz without which this module does not make any sense! Minor mods by Ned Konz. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2002 Sreeji K. Das. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-08 Archive::Zip::MemberRead(3)