Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Searching data files for another file of values Post 302380600 by gaurav1086 on Tuesday 15th of December 2009 03:45:36 PM
Old 12-15-2009
hello
why not use grep -f aka fgrep like this
Code:
fgrep pattern_file target_file 
or grep -f pattern_file target_file

Regards.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching list of entries in file for actual files in dir

Hi all, I have a file entries.txt that contains a number of entries all on seperate lines e.g. test1 test2 test3 test4 Then in a directory called /TestFiles I have a number of files that could contain the above text in the file name e.g. qwertytest1.csv qwertytest2.csv... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: not4google
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing data in file with values in table

Hi, I want to calculate the number of pipe delimiters in a file for all lines seperately. For eg:i have a file Project.txt Mohit|chawla|123|678 File1|File2|345|767|678 And my file contains many lines like this it shd give me the output as 4 5 or give me the output for all the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohit623
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching a particular string with spaces in a data file

Hi, I'm new to shell scripting and require your help in achieving the requirement. I have a data file which stores organization name as one of the column data in a csv data file. Organization name stored in data file is: Canadian OU CAD Sample Data file: 1,5,4,5,, ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy4013
9 Replies

4. Programming

searching files for hex or oct values

I have a set of files without extensions. How can I programatically tell if a file is in gzip format? The gzip file format spec RFC 1952 GZIP File Format Specification version 4.3 states that gzip files have certain hex/oct values at the beginning of the file. 1st byte = 0x1f in hex,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daflore
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

data searching and pasting with in the file

Hi All, I have .csv file in which I am trying to manipulate a column date, I started with awk but i am not sure how to do the below logic in . the file has a 23 columns and in the first row if the value is Trend and in the second column the value is Analysis then the program has to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shruthidwh
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Divide data with specific column values into separate files

hello! i need a little help from you :) ... i need to split a file into separate files depending on two conditions using scripting. The file has no delimiters. The conditions are col 17 = "P" and col 81 = "*", this will go to one output file; col 17 = "R" and col 81 = " ". Here is an example. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chanclitas
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare values in two files. For matching rows print corresponding values from File 1 in File2.

- I have two files (File 1 and File 2) and the contents of the files are mentioned below. - I am trying to compare the values of Column1 of File1 with Column1 of File2. If a match is found, print the corresponding value from Column2 of File1 in Column5 of File2. - I tried to modify and use... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santoshbn
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch the different data by searching with a same variable from a file in AIX server

Hi, I am trying to fetch the different values in an xml file by searching with the same variable in AIX Server. <name>SharedResources/Shared/JNDI/Username</name> <value>admin</value> <name>SharedResources/Shared/JNDI/Username</name> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tejastrikez
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help searching for values in file then adding to line

Hello! I'm currently trying to organize data for some bio research, but I'm not sure how to compare a value to values in a file. So what I have are 2 arrays, one array contains NM numbers and can be referenced as NM. The other array has symbols, SYM. I have a file for which it contains an NM... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ShiGua
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for values in a file

Hi guys. I'm trying to do a search on the fruit & brand inside Fruit.txt, and printing the result out in the following format: , , $, I am able to do this via the following code: awk -F: -vOFS=", " -vt="$Fruit:$Brand" '$0~t{$3="$"$3;print}' Fruit.txt However, I want to be able to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: todaealas
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)