Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX striped LV - lslv stripe width has wrong value Post 302380524 by zaxxon on Tuesday 15th of December 2009 11:42:17 AM
Old 12-15-2009
Let us know if the restore did it. Good luck!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX p570 lspv, lslv etc... not working

Hi we are running a VIO server on a AIX p570 we cannot run and of the command the query the ODM has anyone seen this problem or has a solution the command just hangs. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: truma1
1 Replies

2. Programming

Finding out if a file has been striped or not

Is there a way in c to find out if a binary program contains debug information? I have tried to compare the striped and unstriped versions of two programs, but i have had a hard time understand them. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shienarier
2 Replies

3. Solaris

How to add disk into Striped Volume VxVM

VxVM: How to add one more disk into v08 the stripe should change from 7/128 to 8/128 v v08 - ENABLED ACTIVE 8954292224 SELECT v08-01 fsgen pl v08-01 v08 ENABLED ACTIVE 8954292480 STRIPE 7/128 RW sd bkpdg35-01 v08-01 bkpdg35 17216 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: geoffry
0 Replies

4. AIX

AIX OS upgrade gone wrong

I have an AIX LPAR that is one half of a Oracle RAC cluster running over a GPFS filesystem. The OS version in the LPAR was 5300-05-01 I ran an upgrade to 5300-07-05 (Apply only, Commit=NO and preserve old files). The preview passed with no failures detected. The actual upgrade failed... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: morgan_g
5 Replies

5. Linux

Raid 0 stripe size

I have a PERC 5/i card. Im using with it 3 15k rpm HDD's (model: SEAGATE Savvio 15K ST936751SS). Im going to install debian on this array.. and im looking for performance... So what would be the stripe size that i should set this raid 0 into to give me the best performance? Thanks (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: supermiguel
22 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

AIX : Create LV with poor man stripe

Hi all I have just had SAN allocate 4*30 GB of disks and had created a new scalable vg and assigned the disks to it: I used smitty to create vg and the command is: x -y'vgdata1' hdisk82 hdisk83 hdisk84 hdisk85 root@aadcxs08 / : lsvg vgdata1 VOLUME GROUP: vgdata1 VG... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
4 Replies

7. AIX

Striped FS , need to add new disks

Hi, I have a filesystem that is created on a VG with 12 disks. The FS is striped on these disks. Now I have to add 10 more disks to this volume group to help increase the space of the same FS that is striped. How should I add these disks to the Vg and i need these disks to be added such the FS... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixromeo
1 Replies

8. AIX

Unix root directory owner wrong AIX 5.3

The a chown was done and instead of using ./ a / was used and root ownership files got changed. I need to change the ownership of the files/directory back - backups are not working and I am concerned a reboot will not be successful. Can anyone provide the ownership of these files/directories... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: spike1
6 Replies

9. Solaris

solaris volume manager- stripe?

Hello Admins.. I am going through solaris volume manager guide for RAID-0 concatenation and stripes, I do not understand the concept of stripe from following example of concatenation. There is an eample for concatenation: # metainit d25 1 1 c0t1d0s2 d25: Concat/Stripe is setup the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
5 Replies

10. Hardware

RAID5 + STRIPED LUNs

Hello Experts, I have few doubts on RAID 5 with LUNs carved as STRIPE and CONCAT RAID 5 = STRIPE + Parity mirroring I would like to know if the LUNs carved are CONCATE from RAID 5 disk array. Are the I/Os are spread accross the disks within the RAID 5 Array? And if I do carve STRIPED... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sybadm
1 Replies
VGREDUCE(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       VGREDUCE(8)

NAME
       vgreduce - reduce a volume group

SYNOPSIS
       vgreduce  [-a|--all] [-A|--autobackup y|n] [-d|--debug] [-h|-?|--help] [--removemissing] [-t|--test] [-v|--verbose] VolumeGroupName [Physi-
       calVolumePath...]

DESCRIPTION
       vgreduce allows you to remove one or more unused physical volumes from a volume group.

OPTIONS
       See lvm for common options.

-a, --all
	      Removes all empty physical volumes if none are given on command line.

--removemissing
	      Removes all missing physical volumes from the volume group, if there are no logical volumes allocated on those. This resumes  normal
	      operation of the volume group (new logical volumes may again be created, changed and so on).

If this is not possible (there are logical volumes referencing the missing physical volumes) and you cannot or do not want to remove
	      them manually, you can run this option with --force to have vgreduce remove any partial LVs.

Any logical volumes and dependent snapshots that were partly on the missing disks get removed completely. This includes those  parts
	      that lie on disks that are still present.

If your logical volumes spanned several disks including the ones that are lost, you might want to try to salvage data first by acti-
	      vating your logical volumes with --partial as described in lvm (8).

SEE ALSO
       lvm(8), vgextend(8)

Sistina Software UK					 LVM TOOLS 2.02.95(2) (2012-03-06)					       VGREDUCE(8)