Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Requesting full back up scripts Post 302380165 by Yogesh Sawant on Monday 14th of December 2009 12:20:14 PM
Old 12-14-2009
this may not be the right place where you get canned scripts. but if you are ready to get your hands wet and want to know how, this is a great place to be

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Executing scripts in back ground

Hi, Test1.ksh #! /bin/ksh for i in $* do #echo "$i" ksh test2.ksh $i & done test2.ksh #! /bin/ksh sleep 5s echo "From Test 1 ==> $1" exit 0; I am executing as follows: ksh test1.ksh a b c (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: risshanth
10 Replies

2. Solaris

Back up scripts

Hi Everyone, I would like to write a Back-up script for huge files and 3 day old file. I think i need to use Tar command for it. But I am not sure how this can be done. Can someone please assist me on this. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gehlnar
4 Replies

3. AIX

Help with back ground scripts...

I have a user that runs a menu driven application, is there a way to see what scripts this application is executing in the back ground? OS=AIX 4.3 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mangolinux
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

The scripts not able to make the file to size 0, every times it go back to its original size

#!/bin/sh ########################################################################################################## #This script is being used for AOK application for cleaning up the .out files and zip it under logs directory. # IBM # Created #For pdocap201/pdoca202 .out files for AOK #1.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mridul10_crj
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Scripts - Show all directories with full information ( and no files)

Hello all, i'm stumped.... I need to list all directories with all there info and exclude the files, then vice versa. I am not sure if I need to string several ls commands together or how to even do that. I believe I need to do some variation of ls -l but need to figure out how to take out the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: citizencro
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in Concatination of string in bash scripts containing back slashes.

My script is as follows: #!/bin/bash STR1="test" echo $STR1 STR2="/bldtmp/"$STR1 echo $STR2 STR3=$STR2'/tmp' echo $STR3 output i am geting ---------------- test /bldtmp/test /tmptmp/test but my need is: ------------------ test /bldtmp/test (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dchoudhury
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get the scripts full dir path

lyang0@lyang0-OptiPlex-755:~$ ./test.sh . lyang0@lyang0-OptiPlex-755:~$ cat test.sh #!/bin/bash echo `dirname $0` lyang0@lyang0-OptiPlex-755:~$ pwd /home/lyang0 it doesn't get "/home/lyang0" and only when run /home/lyang0/test.sh it will get, but how can I do, then it can get the real... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl scripts: requesting for logic explanation

Hi, balajesuri and durden_tyler, I have found your perl script for the thread https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/176370-perl-script-help-me-extracting-string.html, but find it difficult to understand the syntax. Could you or any forum members kindly shed some light on the logic... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
3 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Deja-dup make my / full. So I cannot restore my back up

The problematic directory is the following: /root/.cache/deja-dup This directory grows until my "/" is full and then the restoring activity fails. I already tried to create a symbolic link with origin another partition where I have more space. However during the restoring activity ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: puertas12
4 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

The C64 is back, this time full-sized with a working keyboard for the dedicated retro home-computer

Retro Games has announced that the C64 is back, this time full-sized with a working keyboard for the dedicated retro home-computer fan, available December 2019. See also: CNN: Iconic 80s computer The Commodore 64 to return with fully-functional keyboard YouTube: The C64 | Trailer ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies
CHSH(1) 							   User Commands							   CHSH(1)

NAME
chsh - change your login shell SYNOPSIS
chsh [-s shell] [-l] [-u] [-v] [username] DESCRIPTION
chsh is used to change your login shell. If a shell is not given on the command line, chsh prompts for one. chsh is used to change local entries only. Use ypchsh, lchsh or any other implementation for non-local entries. OPTIONS
-s, --shell shell Specify your login shell. -l, --list-shells Print the list of shells listed in /etc/shells and exit. -u, --help Print a usage message and exit. -v, --version Print version information and exit. VALID SHELLS
chsh will accept the full pathname of any executable file on the system. However, it will issue a warning if the shell is not listed in the /etc/shells file. On the other hand, it can also be configured such that it will only accept shells listed in this file, unless you are root. EXIT STATUS
Returns 0 if operation was successful, 1 if operation failed or command syntax was not valid. SEE ALSO
login(1), passwd(5), shells(5) AUTHOR
Salvatore Valente <svalente@mit.edu> AVAILABILITY
The chsh command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux July 2009 CHSH(1)