Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Searching for file names in a directory while ignoring certain file names Post 302379989 by rdcwayx on Sunday 13th of December 2009 09:16:17 PM
Old 12-13-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2reperry
find . -name '*' ! -name '*.exe' -print > filelist.lst
This should be enough.

Code:
find . ! -name '*.exe' -print > filelist.lst

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change All File Names in a Directory

Hi, If I have a directory full of say 100 random files, and I would like to organize them, for example: FILE001, FILE002, FILE003, FILE004, etc. How would I do this from Terminal, instead of manually changing each file? I'm using Mac OS X, if that makes a difference. Thank you in advance... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: andou
8 Replies

2. AIX

find for specific content in file in the directory and list only file names

Hi, I am trying to find the content of file using grep and find command and list only the file names but i am getting entire file list of files in the directory find . -exec grep "test" {} \; -ls Can anyone of you correct this (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu_Jagarapu
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I sort the file names in the directory

Hi , I have a list of files in the directory I want to sort based on the file name. But in the middle of filename contains the number based on that I need to sort.Could you suggest me on the same? Example filenames: /user1$ls RS.DEV.ISV.F1.RS.REFDATA.DATA... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praveen.thumati
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read file names in the directory?

I am having n files in a directory i want to read all the file names from the script file .It is better if any one provide a sample script. Elaborating the scenario: i am having n number of sql files in a directory i am running all the sql files from a single script. sqlplus... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshmurs
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching File Names

I am interested in writing a really simple alias to search for duplicates in file names in a given directory. As an example, the file names follow a convention like: TGIFRIDAY_55566_RESTAURANT TGIFRIDAY_98744_RESTAURANT TGIFRIDAY_67778_RESTAURANT TGIFRIDAY_55566_RESTAURANT These are all... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tennesseej
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping file names, comparing them to a directory of files, and moving them into a new directory

got it figured out :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sHockz
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for file names with variables

Hello everyone We have a problem about searching and copying files with variables. we have variables like $year $jday $date and we want to search the files whose name contain these variables. we tried *$year*$jday*$date or with ? instead of * thank you everyone!!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: miriammiriam
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare file names on directory

Dears, Would you please help on following bash script: I want to get the most recent file named alfaYYYYMMDD.gz in one directory: for example: in directory /tmp/ ls -ltr alfa20130715.gz holding.gz alfa20130705.gz sart.txt merge.txt.gz alfa20130802.gz my result shoud be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxsub
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude certain file names while selectingData files coming in different names in a file name called

Data files coming in different names in a file name called process.txt. 1. shipments_yyyymmdd.gz 2 Order_yyyymmdd.gz 3. Invoice_yyyymmdd.gz 4. globalorder_yyyymmdd.gz The process needs to discard all the below files and only process two of the 4 file names available ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsravanam
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Renaming the file names in a directory

Hi, I have about 60 files in a directory and need to rename those files. For example the file names are i_can_phone_yymmdd.txt (where yymmdd is the date. i.e 170420 etc) i_usa_phone_1_yymmdd.txt i_eng_phone_4_yymmdd.txt The new file names should be phone.txt phone_1.txt phone_4.txt I am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveed
4 Replies
Select(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       Select(3pm)

NAME
podselect - function to extract selected sections of pod documentation SYNOPSIS
use PDL::Pod::Select; podselect (@filelist); podselect ({OUTPUT => "tmp.out"}, @filelist): podselect ({SELECT => ["NAME|SYNOPSIS", "OPTIONS"]}, @filelist): podselect ({OUTPUT => ">&STDERR", SELECT => ["DESCRIPTION"]}, "-"); DESCRIPTION
podselect() is a function which will extract specified sections of pod documentation from an input stream. This ability is already provided in the PDL::Pod::Parser module. Subclasses of PDL::Pod::Parser that wish to take advantage of this feature do not need to derive from PDL::Pod::Select. PDL::Pod::Select merely provides a single function named podselect() which provides this capability in function form (as opposed to object form) for extracting the raw pod docs. podselect(\%options, @filelist) podselect will print the raw (untranslated) pod documentation of all pod sections in the given input files specified by @filelist according to the given options. If any argument to podselect is a reference to a hash (associative array) then the values with the following keys are processed as follows: "OUTPUT" A string corresponding to the desired output file (or ">&STDOUT" or ">&STDERR"). The default is to use standard output. "SELECT" A reference to an array of sections specifications (as described in "SECTION SPECIFICATIONS" in PDL::Pod::Parser) which indicate the desired set of pod sections and subsections to be selected from input. If no section specifications are given, then all sections of pod documentation are used. All other arguments should correspond to the names of input files containing pod documentation. A file name of "-" or "<&STDIN" will be interpeted to mean standard input (which is the default if no filenames are given). SEE ALSO
PDL::Pod::Parser AUTHOR
Brad Appleton <Brad_Appleton-GBDA001@email.mot.com> Based on code for pod2text written by Tom Christiansen <tchrist@mox.perl.com> perl v5.14.2 2011-05-28 Select(3pm)