Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with find and replace in XML Post 302379928 by fpmurphy on Sunday 13th of December 2009 10:45:26 AM
Old 12-13-2009
Is there a one to one correspondence between the files in setA and the files in setB, i.e. does the first file in setA correspond to the first file in setB and so on?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find and replace in XML

Hi I need one clarication.. I have an xml having many entries like this.. <Cust_Name>Tom Cruise</Cust_Name> I want to rename this to <Cust_Name>TEST</Cust_Name> Pls let me know how to do it.. I was trying some basic commands like grep 'Cust_Name' * | tr '>' ',' | tr '<' ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wip_vasikaran
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

replace %20 in xml file

Hi, I'd like to use sed in order to replace %20 and other "special" characters that are represented with % and some number combination in xml file. Typical line looks like this: /Users/imac1/Music/iTunes/iTunes... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrejm
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find/Replace in XML file

I am not sure how to approach this find/replace using a shell script. Any help or guidance appreciated. I want to find this: <objects/> <thumb>thumb_0001.jpg</thumb> <preview>preview_0001.jpg</preview> And replace with something like this: <objects>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimraynor
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Node and replace line(s) preceding in xml file

Hello, I have an xml file whose contacts are like below: <Node>Apple <B>Value1</B> <B>Value2</B> <B>Value3</B> </Node> <Node>Mango <B>Value1</B> <B>Value2</B> <B>Value3</B> </Node> <Node>Apple <B>Value1</B> <B>Value2</B> <B>Value3</B> </Node> <Node>Bannana (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: umarsatti
3 Replies

5. Linux

Linux command to find and replace occurance of more than two equal sign with "==" from XML file.

Please help me, wasted hrs:wall:, to find this soulution:- I need a command that will work on file (xml) and replace multiple occurrence (more than 2 times) Examples 1. '===' 2. '====' 3. '=======' should be replaced by just '==' Note :- single character should be replaced. (=... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedRocks!!
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace from an XML

Input-xml <weblogic-web-app> <session-descriptor> <session-param> <param-name>SysName</param-name> <param-value>smilyface</param-value> </session-param> <session-param> <param-name>InternetProtocol</param-name> <param-value>xxxxxxxx</param-value> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace in xml

Hi All, My XML file looks like below: <logEvent xsi:type="logservice:LogEvent" timestamp="1394713811052" severity="3" messageCode="TM_6228" message="Writing session output to log file ." user="" stacktrace="" service="" serviceType="IS" clientNode="dev" pid="712" threadName="DIRECTOR"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: galaxy_rocky
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to replace XML TAG

As per the requirement I need to replace XML tag with old to new on one of the XML file. Old<com : DEM>PHI</com : DEM> New<com : DEM>PHM</com : DEM> Please someone provide the sed command to replace above mentioned old XML tag with new XML tag (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva83
2 Replies

9. Solaris

XML value compare and replace

I need a way to to check if a value in a file that has this XML format is less than or equal to current system date/time. if it is I need to override it with a future date/time: Here is the data sample: <?xml version="1.0"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find replace text in xml file on the fly

Dear Unix guru, I have a .XML file which is being used to load data to oracle. This file comes on unix box and one of the tag in xml is oracle key word. I want to find that tag and replace with new tag on the fly For example I will get one of the tag in xml is as below <from>Test Test... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: guddu_12
12 Replies
MKDoc::XML::Stripper(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 MKDoc::XML::Stripper(3pm)

NAME
MKDoc::XML::Stripper - Remove unwanted XML / XHTML tags and attributes SYNOPSIS
use MKDoc::XML::Stripper; my $stripper = new MKDoc::XML::Stripper; $stripper->allow (qw /p class id/); my $ugly = '<p class="para" style="color:red">Hello, <strong>World</strong>!</p>'; my $neat = $stripper->process_data ($ugly); print $neat; Should print: <p class="para">Hello, World!</p> SUMMARY
MKDoc::XML::Stripper is a class which lets you specify a set of tags and attributes which you want to allow, and then cheekily strip any XML of unwanted tags and attributes. In MKDoc, this is used so that editors use structural XHTML rather than presentational tags, i.e. strip anything which looks like a <font> tag, a 'style' attribute or other tags which would break separation of structure from content. DISCLAIMER
This module does low level XML manipulation. It will somehow parse even broken XML and try to do something with it. Do not use it unless you know what you're doing. API
my $stripper = MKDoc::XML::Stripper->new() Instantiates a new MKDoc::XML::Stripper object. $stripper->load_def ($def_name); Loads a definition located somewhere in @INC under MKDoc/XML/Stripper. Available definitions are: xhtml10frameset xhtml10strict xhtml10transitional mkdoc16 - MKDoc 1.6. XHTML structural markup You can also load your own definition file, for instance: $stripper->load_def ('my_def.txt'); Definitions are simple text files as follows: # allow p with 'class' and id p class p id # allow more stuff td class td id td style # etc... $stripper->allow ($tag, @attributes) Allows "<$tag>" to appear in the stripped XML. Additionally, allows @attributes to appear as attributes of <$tag>, so for instance: $stripper->allow ('p', 'class', 'id'); Will allow the following: <p> <p class="foo"> <p id="bar"> <p class="foo" id="bar"> However any extra attributes will be stripped, i.e. <p class="foo" id="bar" style="font-color: red"> Will be rewritten as <p class="foo" id="bar"> $stripper->disallow ($tag) Explicitly disallows a tag and all its associated attributes. By default everything is disallowed. $stripper->process_data ($some_xml); Strips $some_xml according to the rules that were given with the allow() and disallow() methods and returns the result. Does not modify $some_xml in place. $stripper->process_file ('/an/xml/file.xml'); Strips '/an/xml/file.xml' according to the rules that were given with the allow() and disallow() methods and returns the result. Does not modify '/an/xml/file.xml' in place. NOTES
MKDoc::XML::Stripper does not really parse the XML file you're giving to it nor does it care if the XML is well-formed or not. It uses MKDoc::XML::Tokenizer to turn the XML / XHTML file into a series of MKDoc::XML::Token objects and strictly operates on a list of tokens. For this same reason MKDoc::XML::Stripper does not support namespaces. AUTHOR
Copyright 2003 - MKDoc Holdings Ltd. Author: Jean-Michel Hiver This module is free software and is distributed under the same license as Perl itself. Use it at your own risk. SEE ALSO
MKDoc::XML::Tokenizer MKDoc::XML::Token perl v5.10.1 2004-10-06 MKDoc::XML::Stripper(3pm)