Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to disable Enable/Disable Tab Key Post 302379925 by carnegiex on Sunday 13th of December 2009 10:20:47 AM
Old 12-13-2009
How to disable Enable/Disable Tab Key

Hi All,

I have bash script, so what is sintax script in bash for Enable and Disable Tab Key. Thanks for your help.Smilie

Thanks,
Rico

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Enable and disable ttyS0

I have a modem connect it to ttyS0 , in unix sco i know i can disable and enable the port , how can i do this , is there a command that will allow me to do this. **** I'm running Redhat 9 *****External Usrobotics 56k Thanks a lot guys (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: josramon
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Enable/Disable rlogin and rcopy

How can i disable rlogin or rcopy from being running as a services in my system ? is there a way ? and is it gonna affect other remote services like ssh and telnet ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: XP_2600
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Disable and Enable Backspace or Ctrl^H in vi

Could anybody tell me how I can disable or enable the backspace key in vi editor. I would like to feel the essence of the commands of vi editor but as I have the latest version and it is supporting the backspace key. I do it on promp using the command stty erase - This command stops the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mobile01
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Enable & disable cronjob

Hi All, I am new to cronjob and need some guidance on this. 1) How do i enable a cronjob ? Can it be done by "crontab mycronfile" or "crontab -e mycronfile" 2) How can i disable the cronjob? Can deleting of the "mycronfile" disable the cron or do i need to perform "crontab -r mycronfile"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
7 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

How to disable RIP and enable EGP

Hello, We recently had a Nessus scan done of our system and the solution to one of the findings was this: disable the RIP agent and use an EGP routing protocol I have been unable to find any specific instruction on how to do either. We are running Solaris 8. Any help would be greatly... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stringman
3 Replies

6. Solaris

SSH enable, Telnet disable ...

Hi... How do I enable SSH and disable telnet.. Also - is there anything special I need to do to ensure that a new user can use ssh and su but not telnet? Adel (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ArabOracle.com
15 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab: disable/enable

since i don't have root access, i have been doing: crontab -l > /tmp/username.crontab crontab -r vi /tmp/username.crontab and copy page crontab -e, and paste sometimes, /tmp/username.crontab has more than 1 page, so i have to copy twice. how do i copy all contents from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Enable and disable the auto mount

How to enable and disable the auto mount option for USB devices.? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ungalnanban
3 Replies

9. HP-UX

FTP service Enable/Disable

hi everybody, I can easily enable /disable the FTP service from SAM, how can I do this via command line? using inetd? how? cheers, messi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: messi777
1 Replies

10. Infrastructure Monitoring

OID to disable/enable printing

Hi @ all, we are a non-profit educational organisation. Now my company wants to disable printers, when a room is not used. I do a lot monitoring, using snmp. So I had the idea of disabling and enabling the printers by using snmp. After searching for hours, I only found some status-objects (ro)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karls0
1 Replies
SYSPROFILE(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     SYSPROFILE(8)

NAME
sysprofile - modular centralized shell configuration DESCRIPTION
sysprofile is a generic approach to configure shell settings in a modular and centralized way mostly aimed at avoiding work for lazy sysad- mins. It has only been tested to work with the bash shell. It basically consists of the small /etc/sysprofile shell script which invokes other small shell scripts having a .bash suffix which are contained in the /etc/sysprofile.d/ directory. The system administrator can drop in any script he wants without any naming convention other than that the scripts need to have a .bash suffix to enable automagic sourcing by /etc/sysprofile. This mechanism is set up by inserting a small shell routine into /etc/profile for login shells and optionally into /etc/bashrc and/or /etc/bash.bashrc for non-login shells from where the actual /etc/sysprofile script is invoked: if [ -f /etc/sysprofile ]; then . /etc/sysprofile fi For using "sysprofile" under X11, one can source it in a similar way from /etc/X11/Xsession or your X display manager's Xsession file to provide the same shell environment as under the console in X11. See the example files in /usr/share/doc/sysprofile/ for illustration. For usage of terminal emulators with a non-login bash shell under X11, take care to enable sysprofile via /etc/bash.bashrc. If not set this way, your terminal emulators won't come up with the environment defined by the scripts in /etc/sysprofile.d/. Users not wanting /etc/sysprofile to be sourced for their environment can easily disable it's automatic mechanism. It can be disabled by simply creating an empty file called $HOME/.nosysprofile in the user's home directory using e.g. the touch(1) command. Any single configuration file in /etc/sysprofile.d/ can be overridden by any user by creating a private $HOME/.sysprofile.d/ directory which may contain a user's own version of any configuration file to be sourced instead of the system default. It's names have just to match exactly the system's default /etc/sysprofile.d/ configuration files. Empty versions of these files contained in the $HOME/.syspro- file.d/ directory automatically disable sourcing of the system wide version. Naturally, users can add and include their own private script inventions to be automagically executed by /etc/sysprofile at login time. OPTIONS
There are no options other than those dictated by shell conventions. Anything is defined within the configuration scripts themselves. SEE ALSO
The README files and configuration examples contained in /etc/sysprofile.d/ and the manual pages bash(1), xdm(1x), xdm.options(5), and wdm(1x). Recommended further reading is everything related with shell programming. If you need a similar mechanism for executing code at logout time check out the related package syslogout(8) which is a very close compan- ion to sysprofile. BUGS
sysprofile in its current form is mainly restricted to bash(1) syntax. In fact it is actually a rather embarrassing quick and dirty hack than anything else - but it works. It serves the practical need to enable a centralized bash configuration until something better becomes available. Your constructive criticism in making this into something better" is very welcome. Before i forget to mention it: we take patches... ;-) AUTHOR
sysprofile was developed by Paul Seelig <pseelig@debian.org> specifically for the Debian GNU/Linux system. Feel free to port it to and use it anywhere else under the conditions of either the GNU public license or the BSD license or both. Better yet, please help to make it into something more worthwhile than it currently is. SYSPROFILE(8)