Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remote simulation and 'at' command Post 302379857 by frans on Saturday 12th of December 2009 05:23:06 PM
Old 12-12-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiPrus

Ok, I found the solution. It's screen command.
One can simply do as me. Type:
1) screen
2) here you can put any of your commands that suppose to stay in a background. I put here my:
mpirun -np 8 compressibleInterFoam -parallel > log.txt &
3) press ctrl + a + d // and you are free Smilie you can close the terminal if you want or just logout
Very interesting, iw as searching for something like that but didn't find and used AT Smilie.
Now, my question is if it's possible to detach the screen simultanuously; something like:
Code:
ssh screen --detach mycommand.sh

I found the -d option in the man but gives an error
Code:
There is no screen to be detached matching mycommand.sh.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

unix simulation

hello everybody.. im new to this forum.. i have sme basic knowledge about unix.. but not too much.. i would like to practice shell programs n perl using a unix simulator.. but then i don't know wht a unix simulator means? just a bald definition that it creates a unix working environment in windows... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: esash
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

simulation of wc command giving problems

Hello, i am developing a simple shell script for simulation of wc command but it's not working.Please tell me what is the problem. I have commented the problematic line if then echo "<Improper Usage>" echo "wcassg <options> file" else eval file=\$$# if then chars=0 words=0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: salman4u
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Results Load Simulation

If i simulate a load on a solaris system to choke the system to 90% CPU usage .. what is likely to increase .. my systems fan rpms, cpu temperature, power drawn .. Can anybody tell me (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
4 Replies

4. Programming

Simulation using C/C++ and Java

Hi, I'm just start to learning simulate a network protocol using C/C++ and Java from scratch. Actually, I want to make two nodes can communicate using TCP and UDP protocol, for example http connection and video streaming, respectively. Can anyone help me find several references or guidance... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nica
0 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

2D collision simulation-programming

Hello, everybody, I'm thankful for the great helps you gave during the past year. Now I'm facing a serious problem: I was obliged to write a 2D collision simulation applet, and my experience is only in C,C++,Intelx86 assembly. I have no experience in Java and the like, and I don't know... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JackCrital2005
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simulation of an ATM interface

Hi guys, I recently discovered this problem and any help would be great. 1) Create a file in vi named Accounts_File with the following data: The user, the name, the pin number, current balance and transaction history. There are 3 users who need to be inputted with all their PIN, etc... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jimmy_c
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simulation of ATM interface

Hi guys, I recently discovered this problem and any help would be great. 1) Create a file in vi named Accounts_File with the following data: The user, the name, the pin number, current balance and transaction history. There are 3 users who need to be inputted with all their PIN, etc... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jimmy_c
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Until string from remote command equals value run remote command

I solved my issue by using the following code #!/bin/bash function GET_STATUS { #values Active Passive Failed ssh -a localhost '/home/user/fakecommand.sh' } STATE="unknown" until ] do echo $STATE sleep 5 STATUS=`GET_STATUS` echo $STATUS | grep Active &&... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: $scipt_Kid
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check/get the exit status of a remote command executed on remote host through script

Geeks, Could you please help me out in my script and identify the missing piece. I need to check/get the exit status of a remote command executed on remote host through script and send out an email when process/processes is/are not running on any/all server(s). Here's the complete... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovesaikrishna
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute ssh command with additional terminal command to any remote user not working script

Hello i am having an issue with bash script and this is the code now=$(cat hosts1.txt | awk '{print $2;}') while read n ;do ssh root@$now 'useradd test1; echo -e "test1\ntest1" | passwd test1 && echo "test1 ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL" >> /etc/sudoers' When i execute only part with cat, it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
8 Replies
BlackPixelOfScreen(3X11)					     MIT X11R4						  BlackPixelOfScreen(3X11)

Name
       BlackPixelOfScreen, WhitePixelOfScreen, CellsOfScreen, DefaultColormapOfScreen, DefaultDepthOfScreen, DefaultGCOfScreen, DefaultVisualOf-
       Screen, DoesBackingStore, DoesSaveUnders, DisplayOfScreen, XScreenNumberOfScreen, EventMaskOfScreen, HeightOfScreen, HeightMMOfScreen, Max-
       CmapsOfScreen, MinCmapsOfScreen, PlanesOfScreen, RootWindowOfScreen, WidthOfScreen, WidthMMOfScreen - screen information functions and
       macros

Syntax
       BlackPixelOfScreen(screen)

WhitePixelOfScreen(screen)

CellsOfScreen(screen)

DefaultColormapOfScreen(screen)

DefaultDepthOfScreen(screen)

DefaultGCOfScreen(screen)

DefaultVisualOfScreen(screen)

DoesBackingStore(screen)

DoesSaveUnders(screen)

DisplayOfScreen(screen)

int XScreenNumberOfScreen(screen)
	  Screen *screen;

EventMaskOfScreen(screen)

HeightOfScreen(screen)

HeightMMOfScreen(screen)

MaxCmapsOfScreen(screen)

MinCmapsOfScreen(screen)

PlanesOfScreen(screen)

RootWindowOfScreen(screen)

WidthOfScreen(screen)

WidthMMOfScreen(screen)

Arguments
       screen	 Specifies a pointer to the appropriate structure.

Description
       The macro returns the black pixel value of the specified screen.

The macro returns the white pixel value of the specified screen.

The macro returns the number of colormap cells in the default colormap of the specified screen.

The macro returns the default colormap of the specified screen.

The macro returns the default depth of the root window of the specified screen.

The macro returns the default GC of the specified screen, which has the same depth as the root window of the screen.

The macro returns the default visual of the specified screen.

The macro returns or which indicate whether the screen supports backing stores.

The macro returns a Boolean value indicating whether the screen supports save unders.

The macro returns the display of the specified screen.

The function returns the screen index number of the specified screen.

The macro returns the root event mask of the root window for the specified screen at connection setup.

The macro returns the height of the specified screen.

The macro returns the height of the specified screen in millimeters.

The macro returns the maximum number of installed colormaps supported by the specified screen.

The macro returns the minimum number of installed colormaps supported by the specified screen.

The macro returns the number of planes in the root window of the specified screen.

The macro returns the root window of the specified screen.

The macro returns the width of the specified screen.

The macro returns the width of the specified screen in millimeters.

See Also
       AllPlanes(3X11), ImageByteOrder(3X11), IsCursorKey(3X11)
       X Window System: The Complete Reference, Second Edition, Robert W. Scheifler and James Gettys

BlackPixelOfScreen(3X11)