Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remote simulation and 'at' command Post 302379816 by PiPrus on Saturday 12th of December 2009 03:53:00 PM
Old 12-12-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by pludi
How do you know it terminates?
Hmmm I just run two terminals, and then I'm logging 2 times in each window. One window is used for remote commands and the other one for htop.

I can see every action I made in the first terminal by observing the htop in the second window. I see when the cpu load bars are rising due to mpirun action, and when they decreasing suddenly after closing 'remote commands' terminal.

---------- Post updated at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:17 PM ----------

Ok, I found the solution. It's screen command.

One can simply do as me. Type:
1) screen
2) here you can put any of your commands that suppose to stay in a background. I put here my:
mpirun -np 8 compressibleInterFoam -parallel > log.txt &
3) press ctrl + a + d // and you are free Smilie you can close the terminal if you want or just logout

In order to get back to the screen, type:
1) screen -list // as a result you will get all of the screens and numbers of processes
2) screen -r <number> // reattach you to the screen denoted by number of the certain process.

Thanks for advice

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

unix simulation

hello everybody.. im new to this forum.. i have sme basic knowledge about unix.. but not too much.. i would like to practice shell programs n perl using a unix simulator.. but then i don't know wht a unix simulator means? just a bald definition that it creates a unix working environment in windows... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: esash
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

simulation of wc command giving problems

Hello, i am developing a simple shell script for simulation of wc command but it's not working.Please tell me what is the problem. I have commented the problematic line if then echo "<Improper Usage>" echo "wcassg <options> file" else eval file=\$$# if then chars=0 words=0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: salman4u
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Results Load Simulation

If i simulate a load on a solaris system to choke the system to 90% CPU usage .. what is likely to increase .. my systems fan rpms, cpu temperature, power drawn .. Can anybody tell me (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
4 Replies

4. Programming

Simulation using C/C++ and Java

Hi, I'm just start to learning simulate a network protocol using C/C++ and Java from scratch. Actually, I want to make two nodes can communicate using TCP and UDP protocol, for example http connection and video streaming, respectively. Can anyone help me find several references or guidance... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nica
0 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

2D collision simulation-programming

Hello, everybody, I'm thankful for the great helps you gave during the past year. Now I'm facing a serious problem: I was obliged to write a 2D collision simulation applet, and my experience is only in C,C++,Intelx86 assembly. I have no experience in Java and the like, and I don't know... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JackCrital2005
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simulation of an ATM interface

Hi guys, I recently discovered this problem and any help would be great. 1) Create a file in vi named Accounts_File with the following data: The user, the name, the pin number, current balance and transaction history. There are 3 users who need to be inputted with all their PIN, etc... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jimmy_c
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simulation of ATM interface

Hi guys, I recently discovered this problem and any help would be great. 1) Create a file in vi named Accounts_File with the following data: The user, the name, the pin number, current balance and transaction history. There are 3 users who need to be inputted with all their PIN, etc... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jimmy_c
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Until string from remote command equals value run remote command

I solved my issue by using the following code #!/bin/bash function GET_STATUS { #values Active Passive Failed ssh -a localhost '/home/user/fakecommand.sh' } STATE="unknown" until ] do echo $STATE sleep 5 STATUS=`GET_STATUS` echo $STATUS | grep Active &&... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: $scipt_Kid
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check/get the exit status of a remote command executed on remote host through script

Geeks, Could you please help me out in my script and identify the missing piece. I need to check/get the exit status of a remote command executed on remote host through script and send out an email when process/processes is/are not running on any/all server(s). Here's the complete... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovesaikrishna
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute ssh command with additional terminal command to any remote user not working script

Hello i am having an issue with bash script and this is the code now=$(cat hosts1.txt | awk '{print $2;}') while read n ;do ssh root@$now 'useradd test1; echo -e "test1\ntest1" | passwd test1 && echo "test1 ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL" >> /etc/sudoers' When i execute only part with cat, it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
8 Replies
simulation::random(n)					       Tcl Simulation Tools					     simulation::random(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
simulation::random - Pseudo-random number generators SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl ?8.4? package require simulation::random 0.1 ::simulation::random::prng_Bernoulli p ::simulation::random::prng_Discrete n ::simulation::random::prng_Poisson lambda ::simulation::random::prng_Uniform min max ::simulation::random::prng_Exponential min mean ::simulation::random::prng_Normal mean stdev ::simulation::random::prng_Pareto min steep ::simulation::random::prng_Gumbel min f ::simulation::random::prng_chiSquared df ::simulation::random::prng_Disk rad ::simulation::random::prng_Sphere rad ::simulation::random::prng_Ball rad ::simulation::random::prng_Rectangle length width ::simulation::random::prng_Block length width depth _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package consists of commands to generate pseudo-random number generators. These new commands deliver o numbers that are distributed normally, uniformly, according to a Pareto or Gumbel distribution and so on o coordinates of points uniformly spread inside a sphere or a rectangle For example: set p [::simulation::random::prng_Normal -1.0 10.0] produces a new command (whose name is stored in the variable "p") that generates normally distributed numbers with a mean of -1.0 and a standard deviation of 10.0. PROCEDURES
The package defines the following public procedures for discrete distributions: ::simulation::random::prng_Bernoulli p Create a command (PRNG) that generates numbers with a Bernoulli distribution: the value is either 1 or 0, with a chance p to be 1 float p Chance the outcome is 1 ::simulation::random::prng_Discrete n Create a command (PRNG) that generates numbers 0 to n-1 with equal probability. int n Number of different values (ranging from 0 to n-1) ::simulation::random::prng_Poisson lambda Create a command (PRNG) that generates numbers according to the Poisson distribution. float lambda Mean number per time interval The package defines the following public procedures for continuous distributions: ::simulation::random::prng_Uniform min max Create a command (PRNG) that generates uniformly distributed numbers between "min" and "max". float min Minimum number that will be generated float max Maximum number that will be generated ::simulation::random::prng_Exponential min mean Create a command (PRNG) that generates exponentially distributed numbers with a given minimum value and a given mean value. float min Minimum number that will be generated float mean Mean value for the numbers ::simulation::random::prng_Normal mean stdev Create a command (PRNG) that generates normally distributed numbers with a given mean value and a given standard deviation. float mean Mean value for the numbers float stdev Standard deviation ::simulation::random::prng_Pareto min steep Create a command (PRNG) that generates numbers distributed according to Pareto with a given minimum value and a given distribution steepness. float min Minimum number that will be generated float steep Steepness of the distribution ::simulation::random::prng_Gumbel min f Create a command (PRNG) that generates numbers distributed according to Gumbel with a given minimum value and a given scale factor. The probability density function is: P(v) = exp( -exp(f*(v-min))) float min Minimum number that will be generated float f Scale factor for the values ::simulation::random::prng_chiSquared df Create a command (PRNG) that generates numbers distributed according to the chi-squared distribution with df degrees of freedom. The mean is 0 and the standard deviation is 1. float df Degrees of freedom The package defines the following public procedures for random point sets: ::simulation::random::prng_Disk rad Create a command (PRNG) that generates (x,y)-coordinates for points uniformly spread over a disk of given radius. float rad Radius of the disk ::simulation::random::prng_Sphere rad Create a command (PRNG) that generates (x,y,z)-coordinates for points uniformly spread over the surface of a sphere of given radius. float rad Radius of the disk ::simulation::random::prng_Ball rad Create a command (PRNG) that generates (x,y,z)-coordinates for points uniformly spread within a ball of given radius. float rad Radius of the ball ::simulation::random::prng_Rectangle length width Create a command (PRNG) that generates (x,y)-coordinates for points uniformly spread over a rectangle. float length Length of the rectangle (x-direction) float width Width of the rectangle (y-direction) ::simulation::random::prng_Block length width depth Create a command (PRNG) that generates (x,y)-coordinates for points uniformly spread over a block float length Length of the block (x-direction) float width Width of the block (y-direction) float depth Depth of the block (z-direction) KEYWORDS
math, random numbers, simulation, statistical distribution COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2004 Arjen Markus <arjenmarkus@users.sourceforge.net> simulation 0.1 simulation::random(n)