Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? The Language of the Unix World should Change Post 302379782 by jp2542a on Saturday 12th of December 2009 07:29:48 AM
Old 12-12-2009
Geeze.. had a flashback to the day AOL dumped "normals" on the net...

I think a more appropriate command would be

Code:
divine_intervention -9

After all, any sender expecting results from this command would have ultimate power over the receiver Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

new to unix world

Need a lot of help, need to find information on unix and how to use it, Has anybody ues the learnkey videos on unix teaching. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: winter
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Click here for the best unix in the world!!!!

To anyone who asks which Unix is the best... or which one I should use... Probably the best timeline I have ever seen. Read this link... http://www.levenez.com/unix/history.html#08 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kelam_Magnus
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

new user to the next generation of the new WORLD UNIX

am a windows Prof .... i deside to go with the UNIX .... but how can i start ......plz help me ........ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ekarak
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix in the banking world

Hi I have recently joined a bank as a tester. Initially I will be working on some test scripts and then I will be testing their data warehouse using SQL and Unix. I do have a very basic knowledge and understanding of both unix and sql. I am not sure how I will be using Unix to test their ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kartikkumar84@g
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on unix scripting. I am at hello world level. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Need to automate the following steps (OS--> AIX ) 1. cd /advx/R8.1MR2/TOP/logs ( I navigate to this directory) 2. Monitor the current date ULOG for specific error pattern => ls -lrt ULOG.08* -rw-rw-rw- 1 vssrt vssgrp 24370 Aug 01 23:57 ULOG.080112 -rw-rw-rw- 1 vssrt vssgrp ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: krchakr
6 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Mad World Remix of Moby Video (Are You Lost In The World Like Me)

This is an excellent video comment on modern society and the remix is good too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DU1B_XkyIk 5DU1B_XkyIk Watch the video above and post your comments. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

UNIX: Building The Most Important OS in the World By John Loeffler

Nice UNIX history article by John Loeffler, February, 05th 2019 UNIX: Building The Most Important OS in the World The most widely used operating system in the world was a project born out of failure. (0 Replies)
0 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

UNIX.com Hello World HUD YT Video

UNIX.com Hello World HUD YT Video https://youtu.be/cs3dbPnzDV4 Check it out! Subscribe, Like, Share, Comment . Cyber Dystopia (Ep. 2) - The Myth of the Singularity Coming Soon! (3 Replies)
3 Replies
wait(3) 						     Library Functions Manual							   wait(3)

NAME
wait - check child process status SYNTAX
#include <wait.h> int wait_nohang(&wstat); int wait_stop(&wstat); int wait_stopnohang(&wstat); int wait_pid(&wstat,pid); int wait_exitcode(wstat); int wait_crashed(wstat); int wait_stopped(wstat); int wait_stopsig(wstat); int pid; int wstat; DESCRIPTION
wait_nohang looks for zombies (child processes that have exited). If it sees a zombie, it eliminates the zombie, puts the zombie's exit status into wstat, and returns the zombie's process ID. If there are several zombies, wait_nohang picks one. If there are children but no zombies, wait_nohang returns 0. If there are no children, wait_nohang returns -1, setting errno appropriately. wait_stopnohang is similar to wait_nohang, but it also looks for children that have stopped. wait_stop is similar to wait_stopnohang, but if there are children it will pause waiting for one of them to stop or exit. wait_pid waits for child process pid to exit. It eliminates any zombie that shows up in the meantime, discarding the exit status. wait_stop and wait_pid retry upon error_intr. STATUS PARSING
If the child stopped, wait_stopped is nonzero; wait_stopsig is the signal that caused the child to stop. If the child exited by crashing, wait_stopped is zero; wait_crashed is nonzero. If the child exited normally, wait_stopped is zero; wait_crashed is zero; and wait_exitcode is the child's exit code. SEE ALSO
wait(2), error(3) wait(3)