Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris Port Monitoring
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris Port Monitoring Post 302379735 by photon on Friday 11th of December 2009 08:26:35 PM
Old 12-11-2009
snoop on parallel device

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Port Monitoring Script

Is there a script which monitors a specific port and tells whethers its listening basically i am looking for a script which we can hardcode the port number there and hardcode an email address. It should alert to the email if the port is down. any idea.?plz (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tintedwindow
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Local Monitoring on Solaris 10

Hello people =) I need software that can gather statistics for the system. I/O-disc systems, load memory, processors, networks, etc.. Looking for analog utilities nmon, which is run on the server and gather such statistics. Moreover, it creates a detailed report in the file format Excel. There... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jess_t03
6 Replies

3. AIX

Monitoring the network activity happening in a port in AIX 5.3

Hi All, I would like to monitor the volume of Data that is transferred through a single port in AIX. I have nmon installed in my machine. What is the best possible solution for this problem. Thanks in Advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bravo13
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris Disk Monitoring?

Hi Guys, I'm looking for a way to monitor disk health/status for a Solaris 5.8 sparc machine. I'm looking for something similar to LSIutility or MegaCLI. Any suggestions? Output of `modinfo`: 30 102616fb 10be8 118 1 ssd (SCSI SSA/FCAL Disk Driver 1.151) 122 7821c000 18550 32 1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tank126
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Network monitoring tool for Solaris 10

Hi All, I was wondering if there is any Network Monitoring Tool for Solaris 10 to monitor a network having hybrid operating systems. I just googled it without success. Hope, experts will guide me to get it. Thanks, Deepak (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
0 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

Monitoring Solaris 10 Server

Hi, We user What's Up Gold tool for monitoring the WIndows servers. My idea is to add my Solaris 10 server to this monitoring tool. Is it feasible? If yes, can somebody help in configuring the server onto the tool? My current solaris 10 server is i86pc, and has SNMP daemons running. the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: EmbedUX
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Monitoring Solaris 9 and Solaris 10 with HP SIM

Hi All, We have a mix of flavours of UNIX. Recently delegated to monitor all UNIX server from one single point of HP SIM. HP-UX servers have been successfully brought under HP SIM and we have been getting hardware alerts and these have helped us take proactive steps. Issue being faced is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amlanroy
0 Replies

8. Solaris

How to find port number wwn of particular port on dual port HBA,?

please find the below o/p for your reference bash-3.00# fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000024ff295a34 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. Model: 375-3356-02 Firmware Version: 05.03.02 FCode/BIOS Version: BIOS: 2.02; fcode: 2.01;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies
TTYSNOOP(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					       TTYSNOOP(8)

NAME
ttysnoop -- snoop on a user's tty SYNOPSIS
ttysnoop [pty] ttysnoops DESCRIPTION
The ttysnoop / ttysnoops client-server combo can be used to snoop (watch) on a user's login tty. The server (ttysnoops) is usually started by getty(8) or telnetd(8) and reads the file /etc/snooptab to find out which tty's should be cloned and which programs to run on them (usu- ally /bin/login). A tty may be snooped through a pre-determined (ie. fixed) device, or through a dynamically allocated pseudo-tty (pty). This is also specified in the /etc/snooptab file. To connect to the pty, the client ttysnoop should be used. The available pseudo terminals pty are present as sockets in the directory /var/spool/ttysnoop/. Format of /etc/snooptab The /etc/snooptab file may contain comment lines (starting with a '#'), empty lines, or entries for tty's that should be snooped upon. The format of such an entry is as follows: tty snoop-device type program where tty is the leaf-name of the tty that should be snooped upon (eg. ttyS2, not /dev/ttyS2) OR the wildcard '*', which matches ANY tty. snoop-device is the device through which tty should be snooped (eg. /dev/tty8) OR the literal constant "socket". The latter is used to tell ttysnoops that the snoop-device will be a dynamically allocated pty. type specifies the type of program that should be run, currently recog- nized types are "init", "user" and "login" although the former two aren't really needed. Finally, program is the full pathname to the program to run when ttysnoops has cloned tty onto snoop-device. EXAMPLE
The following example /etc/snooptab file should illustrate the typical use of ttysnoop / ttysnoops: # # example /etc/snooptab # ttyS0 /dev/tty7 login /bin/login ttyS1 /dev/tty8 login /bin/login # # the wildcard tty should always be the last one in the file # * socket login /bin/login # # example end # With the above example, whenever a user logs in on /dev/ttyS0 or /dev/ttyS1, either tty will be snooped through /dev/tty7 or /dev/tty8 respectively. Any other tty's will be snooped through a pty that will be allocated at the time of login. The system-administrator can then run ttysnoop pty to snoop through the pty. Note that it is up to the system-administrator to setup getty and/or telnetd so that they execute ttysnoops instead of /bin/login. SEE ALSO
getty(8), telnetd(8) FILES
/etc/snooptab BUGS
The program is unable to do any terminal control-code translations for the original tty and the snoop-device. I doubt it will ever do this. AUTHOR
Carl Declerck, carl@miskatonic.inbe.net BSD
August 8 1994 BSD