Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Directory restriction for specific users on Solaris Post 302379694 by bartus11 on Friday 11th of December 2009 02:15:43 PM

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Directory restriction warning

Platform: AIX Shell: KSH Does anyone have a good way of warning users that when they do a 'vi' in a certain directory that they cannot save any changes in that directory. For instance, if I have a production id that has all scripts in /myprod/dir, and if anyone comes to this directory and does... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giannicello
1 Replies

2. Solaris

give user permission on specific directory in solaris

dear all does any one give any user write permission using access control list or another way to solve this problem (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: murad.jaber
1 Replies

3. Solaris

how to restriction directory size in solaris

how to restrict the size of any directory in solaris. is there any command to give specific file size value for a directory? is there any idea? regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nibiru78
3 Replies

4. Solaris

giving write access to selective users to a certain directory in solaris 10

Hi all, how can i grant write access to a selective users only with write access to a certain filesystem/directory in solaris 10. Please help..i tried "fs setacl"...does not seem to work Please adv..thanks in advance... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cromohawk
4 Replies

5. Solaris

create user with RWX access to a specific directory in Solaris 10

I need to create a user account for a developer that will allow him rwx access to all resources in a directory. How can I do that? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsander
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris auditing (file access logging) for specific directory only.

Hello, We need to log the operations that specific user on Solaris 10 (SPARC) is performing on one directory and it's contents. I was able to configure solaris auditing service (auditd) and it works fine. The only problem is that auditd logs huge amount of unneeded information. We need to log... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: +Yan
0 Replies

7. Solaris

How to restrict user to a specific directory in solaris 10

Hi all, I want to create a new user and grant him ONLY transfer files access to a specific directory where he can only upload and read the files. He should be restricted to this activity only. Regards (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gilldn
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to monitor directory size of specific users

Hi, i am new to shell scripts, i need to write a script that can monitor size of directory of specific users. Please help. Thanks, Nitin (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicksrulz
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Exclude an specific directory for auditing in Solaris 10

Hello, Im glad to become a member of this forums, Im new on solaris and recentrly im introducing to use auditing service in that system. The need is, that I need how to exclude a directory to the audit service not audit it. And, a plus, I need of how to disable auditing the root user in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sysh4ck
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris local access restriction other than sshd_config?

Hi All, As part of LDAP implementation we need to restrict users/groups locally on solaris machine: Options tried: sshd_config: as far as my testing it is restricting either user or group, as per the first preference. pam_access.so by default I am unable to find(need some help if this is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sridaran
0 Replies
FTPCHROOT(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual						      FTPCHROOT(5)

NAME
ftpchroot -- list users and groups subject to FTP access restrictions DESCRIPTION
The file ftpchroot is read by ftpd(8) at the beginning of an FTP session, after having authenticated the user. Each line in ftpchroot corre- sponds to a user or group. If a line in ftpchroot matches the current user or a group he is a member of, access restrictions will be applied to this session by changing its root directory with chroot(2) to that specified on the line or to the user's login directory. The order of records in ftpchroot is important because the first match will be used. Fields on each line are separated by tabs or spaces. The first field specifies a user or group name. If it is prefixed by an ``at'' sign, '@', it specifies a group name; the line will match each user who is a member of this group. As a special case, a single '@' in this field will match any user. A username is specified other- wise. The optional second field describes the directory for the user or each member of the group to be locked up in using chroot(2). Be it omit- ted, the user's login directory will be used. If it is not an absolute pathname, then it will be relative to the user's login directory. If it contains the /./ separator, ftpd(8) will treat its left-hand side as the name of the directory to do chroot(2) to, and its right-hand side to change the current directory to afterwards. FILES
/etc/ftpchroot EXAMPLES
These lines in ftpchroot will lock up the user ``webuser'' and each member of the group ``hostee'' in their respective login directories: webuser @hostee And this line will tell ftpd(8) to lock up the user ``joe'' in /var/spool/ftp and then to change the current directory to /joe, which is rel- ative to the session's new root: joe /var/spool/ftp/./joe And finally the following line will lock up every user connecting through FTP in his respective ~/public_html, thus lowering possible impact on the system from intrinsic insecurity of FTP: @ public_html SEE ALSO
chroot(2), group(5), passwd(5), ftpd(8) BSD
January 26, 2003 BSD