Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Process diff command output in a shell script Post 302379553 by pludi on Friday 11th of December 2009 04:17:56 AM
Old 12-11-2009
What do you mean by "distorted"? Can you give an example?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

diff 2 files; output diff's to 3rd file

Hello, I want to compare two files. All records in file 2 that are not in file 1 should be output to file 3. For example: file 1 123 1234 123456 file 2 123 2345 23456 file 3 should have 2345 23456 I have looked at diff, bdiff, cmp, comm, diff3 without any luck! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blt123
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing shell script command output

I am trying to check to see if a file exists on a ftp server, well, I know that cant be done, atleast directly, So I came up with this small script ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD cd public_html/crap dir $FILE quit END_SCRIPT Where the $ variable... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: designflaw
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading command output from shell script

Hi List, How to read the output of a command executed from a script. For ex. sample_scritp.sh ------------- useradd testuser1 password testuser1 .... ..... -------------- This prompts for "password", and "confirm password", for which i need to give the values from script. Can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sri b
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing output from a diff command...

hi, i have a script which pipes the output of a diff -rq command into a separate file/ it would read something like this: Files mod1/lala/xml/test1.txt and mod2/lala/xml/test1.txt differ Only in mod2/lala/xml: test2.txt What i need to do is to parse this file so i end up with just a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kam
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Evaluating command output (shell script )

Hello, in a script i would like to evaluate a command output with a grep, for example, to know if the parameter defined by the user is in the output. Something like: the_command | grep $1 Please, how is the way to evalulate in this a script, like if echo "incorrect parameter, not in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aristegui
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with shell script - output of top command

I have written shell script to send file as an attachemt of email and output of "top -o res" command as email body. it works fine if i execute manually from prompt but it does not send "top -o res" command output in email body when it is executed via crontab. Any suggestions. My script is below:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: needyourhelp10
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to format command output

Hello team, I am running below command which is giving following output. bash-3.00$ ps -eo pid,pcpu,args | sort +1n | grep -i java 12 0.0 grep -i java 8804 0.0 /opt/app/ccr/home/ccr/WebSphere/AppServer/java/bin/sparcv9/java -XX:+UnlockDiag 9241 0.0... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolguyamy
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to replace output of command

Hi I would like to write a shell script which replace particular text in output of a shell command. For example : If I execute pwd (if dir is /users/master/) it should display as - /users/Master_directory/. Also, for generalising the script I would like to receive parameters when I run the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ratneshnagori
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pipe command output to shell script?

Hi Team, Need a help on how to pipe a command out put to a shell script. My shell script looks like below. cat shell_script #!/usr/bin/ksh input =$@ echo " we are inside the shell script" echo " here are the input parameters" .......................... .................. ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvkumar25
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass ls command output to diff

Hi , Can some one help me how to pass ls command output to diff command ex : - ls *.xml will return files which have time stamps abc-<time-stamp>.xml xyz-<time-stamp>.xml diff abc-<time-stamp>.xml xyz-<time-stamp>.xml >> newfile.txt we need to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: techie_09
9 Replies
CUT-DIFF(1)							  Cutter's manual						       CUT-DIFF(1)

NAME
cut-diff - show difference between 2 files with color SYNOPSIS
cut-diff [option ...] file1 file2 DESCRIPTION
cut-diff is a diff command that uses diff feature in Cutter. It shows difference with color. It's recommended that you use a normal diff(1) when you want to use with patch(1) or you don't need color. OPTIONS
--version cut-diff shows its own version and exits. -c [yes|true|no|false|auto], --color=[yes|true|no|false|auto] If 'yes' or 'true' is specified, cut-diff uses colorized output by escape sequence. If 'no' or 'false' is specified, cut-diff never use colorized output. If 'auto' or the option is omitted, cut-diff uses colorized output if available. The default is auto. -u, --unified cut-diff uses unified diff format. --context-lines=LINES Shows diff context around LINES. All lines are shown by default. When unified diff format is used, 3 lines are shown by default. --label=LABEL, -L=LABEL Uses LABEL as a header label. The first--label option value is used as file1's label and the second --label option value is used asfile2's label. Labels are the same as file names by default. EXIT STATUS
The exit status is 0 for success, non-0 otherwise. TODO: 0 for non-difference, 1 for difference and non-0 for errors. EXAMPLE
In the following example, cut-diff shows difference between file1 and file2: % cut-diff file1 file2 In the following example, cut-diff shows difference between file1 and file2 with unified diff format: % cut-diff -u file1 file2 SEE ALSO
diff(1) Cutter February 2011 CUT-DIFF(1)