Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Directory size larger than file system size? Post 302379305 by sparcman on Thursday 10th of December 2009 09:21:43 AM
Old 12-10-2009
Thanks for your help guys. It's working fine now.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

command to find out total size of a specific file size (spread over the server)

hi all, in my server there are some specific application files which are spread through out the server... these are spread in folders..sub-folders..chid folders... please help me, how can i find the total size of these specific files in the server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinov
3 Replies

2. AIX

file system size

Dear ALL Today I faced one problem in the file system, during invoking the command #df -k , I saw /usr reached to 95% Used, could any one give advice ? thanks & regarded (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: magasem
7 Replies

3. Programming

how to get the file system size

I have the next code, and the output is incosistent, what is the problem: free blocks: 1201595 block size: 4096 total size(free blocks * block size): 626765824 1201595 * 4096 not is 626765824, what's the problem??? #include <sys/statvfs.h> #include <stdio.h> int main(){ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lucaxvu
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Size of file and directory

Hello. I do have a problem. The statement sounds like this: Given a directory, find all subdirectories (regardless of depth) which contain a file that has more than a half of the size of the respective subdirectory. I've tried to solve this in many ways, but all I came up with is half... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: WorkOfArt
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

The scripts not able to make the file to size 0, every times it go back to its original size

#!/bin/sh ########################################################################################################## #This script is being used for AOK application for cleaning up the .out files and zip it under logs directory. # IBM # Created #For pdocap201/pdoca202 .out files for AOK #1.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mridul10_crj
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to read file size and send email only if size > 0.

Hi Experts, I have a script like $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus username/password # << ENDSQL set pagesize 0 trim on feedback off verify off echo off newp none timing off set serveroutput on set heading off spool Schemaerrtmp.txt select ' TIMESTAMP COMPUTER NAME ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: welldone
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete some of the files in the directory, if the directory size limits the specified size

To find the whole size of a particular directory i use "du -sk /dirname".. but after finding the direcory's size how do i make conditions like if the size of the dir is more than 1 GB i hav to delete some of the files inside the dir (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaal89
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ls directory size reporting byte size instead of file count

I have been searching both on Unix.com and Google and have not been able to find the answer to my question. I think it is partly because I can't come up with the right search terms. Recently, my virtual server switched storage devices and I think the problem may be related to that change.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmgibby
2 Replies

9. Programming

Size of a directory or a file

Hello, Here is my code: :~$ truncate -s 16M MyTestFile.txt :~$ du -h MyTestFile.txt 4,0K MyTestFile.txt Q1: Please why du -h does not work in this case ? Q2: Other than "du -h", how can i get the size of a directory (using linux command) Thanks a lot. Best Regards. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help with Expect script for pulling log files size larger than 500Mb;

I am new at developing EXPECT scripts. I'm trying to create a script that will automatically connect to a several UNIX (sun solaris and HPUX) database server via FTP and pull the sizes of the listener/alert log files from specified server directory on the remote machines. 1. I want the script... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikebantor
7 Replies
Apache::Session::Store::Oracle(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       Apache::Session::Store::Oracle(3pm)

NAME
Apache::Session::Store::Oracle - Store persistent data in a Oracle database SYNOPSIS
use Apache::Session::Store::Oracle; my $store = new Apache::Session::Store::Oracle; $store->insert($ref); $store->update($ref); $store->materialize($ref); $store->remove($ref); DESCRIPTION
Apache::Session::Store::Oracle fulfills the storage interface of Apache::Session. Session data is stored in a Oracle database. SCHEMA
To use this module, you will need at least these columns in a table called 'sessions': id varchar2(32) # or however long your session IDs are. a_session long To create this schema, you can execute this command using the sqlplus program: CREATE TABLE sessions ( id varchar2(32) not null primary key, a_session long ); If you use some other command, ensure that there is a unique index on the table's id column. CONFIGURATION
The module must know what datasource, username, and password to use when connecting to the database. These values can be set using the options hash (see Apache::Session documentation). The options are DataSource, UserName, and Password. Example: tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::Oracle', $id, { DataSource => 'dbi:Oracle:database', UserName => 'database_user', Password => 'K00l' }; Instead, you may pass in an already-opened DBI handle to your database. tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::Oracle', $id, { Handle => $dbh }; The last option is LongReadLen, which specifies the maximum size of the session object. If not supplied, the default maximum size is 8 KB. AUTHOR
This modules was written by Jeffrey William Baker <jwbaker@acm.org> A fix for the commit policy was contributed by Michael Schout <mschout@gkg.net> SEE ALSO
Apache::Session, Apache::Session::Store::DBI perl v5.10.1 2010-10-18 Apache::Session::Store::Oracle(3pm)