Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Suggestion to replace a part of script Post 302379220 by momo.reina on Thursday 10th of December 2009 12:46:32 AM
Old 12-10-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_84
@Scrutinizer
This option I guess will not work with me. Because make is returning some times exit code as 0(success) on errors too. I am not sure about how nor I can change make. So In my piece of code I am making sure that after meeting any kind of error while running make_command. I should be retuning exit code as 1.

The solution provided by you has assumption that make is retuning 1 on error and 0 on success but its not like that as mentioned above.
so you want to exit if there are any errors?

see if what i wrote works, it will directly pipe STDERR to exit 1, so any errors that pop up should trigger it immediately

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

suggestion on shell script on copy with xargs

Hi, i am trying to copy files except the latest, my script goes here #! /bin/bash # to copy control files to a local DR server # copy latest files of archive #modified on 26-03-2009 # --get today date dt=` date +"%Y_%m_%d"` --get yesterdays date adt=`(date --date='1 day ago'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saha
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a part of the string

Hi I need to Replace a part of string in between one complete string. For e.g.. in the file the value is as: jobnm_$code_xyz_001 In script we are having a variable code=$3, where $3=ab final output should be jobnm_ab_xyz_001. But it is not working. Your help will be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vee_789
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace line and field using SED and/or AWK or some other suggestion

QUESTION 1: How do you replace a specific line (i.e. line 4) with a new user defined line (i.e. the contents of SAMS’s name, history, math and English grades have been set already). I have been attempting to use SED (FYI: I don’t have GNU SED) or AWK, but haven’t had any luck. FYI: I am using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thibodc
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script - Replace just part of a single line in a file.....

Hey guy's.... I new here, But im working on a school project, and I am not really good at programming. In fact, this is the only programming class that I need because programming is not what I am majoring in. But I have everything done in this shell script except for this last part..... ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hxdrummerxc
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace part of folder(s)

I have a script that will output folders that all end with "x.deb". I want a shell script snippet that removes the "x.deb" from all those folders. Thanks in advance. (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
27 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suggestion with script to cleanup

I need help with sed and awk scripts to search for Symmetrix ID=000090009902 and then grep its child disk devices associated to the dead paths and display them only, so that those dead devices can be removed. test01:/#powermt display dev=all Pseudo name=hdiskpower0 Symmetrix ID=000090009902... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Suggestion

I am trying to get output for fcs0 fcs1 side by side with "Date" "FCAdapter_Name" "Last Reset" "DMA_Res" "Adapter_Count" "Command_Res" for all the captured output in fcstat.out Am I missing any thing below, as its just showing same values all the coloums: #!/usr/bin/ksh head -30 fcstat.out... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need Help suggestion for script...

Using the korn shell in ubuntu or fedora, I need to compare two forms, each from different files and do the following, form-1 is the dominant form and must be compared to form-2, if the value in field1 of form-1 matches exactly the pre-filled in value in field1 of form2 then I display 'already... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smth333
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Script suggestion

I have a file which looks like ant1 1,2,3,4 bat1 ant1 5,6,7,8 bat2 I would like to have an O/p as ant1 1 bat1 ant1 2 bat1 ant1 3 bat1 ant1 4 bat1 ant1 5 bat2 ant1 6 bat2 ant1 7 bat2 ant1 8 bat2 Is it possible. Thanks for any suggestion (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace part of string?

Hi Gurus, I need to replace part of string in file, the string format is below: I can use ABCD to find string, then replace values after "=" sign ABCD_XXX=value ABCD_YYY=value after replace ABCD_XXX=new_value ABCD_YYY=new_value my OS is SunOS 5.10 Generic_150400-64 sun4v sparc sun4v ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: green_k
9 Replies
mdbFontSize(5)							 The m17n Library						    mdbFontSize(5)

NAME
mdbFontSize - Font Size DESCRIPTION
In some case, a font contains incorrect information about its size (typically in the case of a hacked TrueType font), which results in a bad text layout when such a font is used in combination with the other fonts. To overcome this problem, the m17n library loads information about font-size adjustment from the m17n database by the tags <font, resize>. The data is loaded as a plist of this format. FONT-SIZE-ADJUSTMENT ::= PER-FONT * PER-FONT ::= '(' FONT-SPEC ADJUST-RATIO ')' FONT-SPEC ::= '(' [ FOUNDRY FAMILY [ WEIGHT [ STYLE [ STRETCH [ ADSTYLE ]]]]] REGISTRY ')' ADJUST-RATIO ::= INTEGER FONT-SPEC is to specify properties of a font. FOUNDRY to REGISTRY are symbols corresponding to Mfoundry to Mregistry property of a font. See m17nFont for the meaning of each property. ADJUST-RATIO is an integer number specifying by percentage how much the font-size must be adjusted. For instance, this PER-FONT: ((devanagari-cdac) 150) instructs the font handler of the m17n library to open a font of 1.5 times bigger than a requested size on opening a font whose registry is 'devanagari-cdac'. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001 Information-technology Promotion Agency (IPA) Copyright (C) 2001-2011 National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html>. Version 1.6.2 12 Jan 2011 mdbFontSize(5)