Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Last two logins script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Last two logins script Post 302379213 by dennis.jacob on Thursday 10th of December 2009 12:20:16 AM
Old 12-10-2009
Try:

awk '{ A[$1]=_p"\n"$0;_p=$0; } END { for ( e in A) print A[e] }' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with logins

Could someone please tell me what I would have to do so I can dial in to Solaris through a modem and login? Thanks in advance. Jomar (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crispyco
2 Replies

2. AIX

Limit logins to 1

Trying to limit 1 login per account... Setup: We have 2 auth logins, one to the AIX (telnet)then into a distribution mgmt software, the users do not have a shell to log into on the AIX itself, so placing a script such as: active=`who | awk '{printf",%s,\n",$1}' | grep ,$LOGNAME, | wc -l` ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pheusion
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Another question for tracking failed logins via script

Hello Experts, I have this initial shell script that tracks failed login attempts: #!/bin/bash #Fetch failed user logins to file failed-logins.txt grep -i failed /var/log/secure | awk '{ print $1, $2" ", $3" ", $9" ", $11 }' > failed-logins.txt #Splitting the failed-logins in... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxgeek
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script which logins to hosts

By a shell script When I am logging into hosts one by one with ssh. I am getting below message. Pseudo-terminal will not be allocated because stdin is not a terminal. stty: : Invalid argument stty: : Invalid argument Can you please suggest what should I do to stop this? ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: KuldeepSinghTCS
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a script in two differnt logins

Hi, I need to run a script in two different login's in the same server, but it is running only in one login, i have used the corresponding PATH for each login, but still it says " not authorized to put msg in queue". (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: savithavijay
2 Replies

6. AIX

AIX ftp/sftp script monitor to failed logins

Hi All, Any idea on how to write a script on AIX 5.3 to monitor ftp or sftp login failed. Thanks and more power, Itik (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

7. Solaris

User Logins

Is the below logins are needed in the machine..... nuucp , uucp ,smmsp , svctag , listen , webservd , ip ( We are not using printers), Can you help in these? Regards, kumar (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshkumarvg
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Emergency...!!! Shell Scripting.... How to start a same script in 3 different logins?

Hi, I've a shell script. If I trigger the script it takes one day to complete the execution. I've to start the same script in 3 different logins of Unix machine simultaneously. Do you have any idea how can I make it? Please suggest.:( Thank you.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: testin
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting.... How to start a same script in 3 different logins?

Hi, I’ve a shell script. If I trigger the script it takes one day to complete the execution. I’ve to start the same script in 3 different logins of Unix machine simultaneously. Do you have any idea how can I make it? Please suggest. Thank you.. Stop making the font size smaller than... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: testin
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script that outputs user logins sorted by duration

Hello, I want to write a script that takes a username as input and outputs the user's logins sorted by duration. Also I want to exclude the "still logged in" entries. I use the "last" command but Im having problems sorting the entries based on the duration. Can you help me? Thanks a lot =) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddante
4 Replies
END(7)								   SQL Commands 							    END(7)

NAME
END - commit the current transaction SYNOPSIS
END [ WORK | TRANSACTION ] DESCRIPTION
END commits the current transaction. All changes made by the transaction become visible to others and are guaranteed to be durable if a crash occurs. This command is a PostgreSQL extension that is equivalent to COMMIT [commit(7)]. PARAMETERS
WORK TRANSACTION Optional key words. They have no effect. NOTES
Use ROLLBACK [rollback(7)] to abort a transaction. Issuing END when not inside a transaction does no harm, but it will provoke a warning message. EXAMPLES
To commit the current transaction and make all changes permanent: END; COMPATIBILITY
END is a PostgreSQL extension that provides functionality equivalent to COMMIT [commit(7)], which is specified in the SQL standard. SEE ALSO
BEGIN [begin(7)], COMMIT [commit(7)], ROLLBACK [rollback(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 END(7)