Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Script running on remote machine - How ?? Post 302379174 by Scrutinizer on Wednesday 9th of December 2009 07:42:09 PM
Old 12-09-2009
Also, you could run a script that contains a here document whose content are used as an argument to ssh to all the remote machines.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

leave a process running in a remote machine

Hi, I would like to run a process in my gentoo machine from a consolte (putty) in Windows and would like that this process keep on going when I close the console in Windows (i.e closing this session). The process should take a long time and I do not want to leave the Windows machine running... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbasil
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to execute a script on remote machine

hi unix guru's i am new to unix shell programming. i found a trouble in executing a script(bali.ksh) which is available on serverA with username xyza, this script contains sqlplus command to retrive the data from the database available on other serverC. Now i need to run the above script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: balireddy_77
4 Replies

3. Solaris

To invoke a script on a remote machine

Hi, I am trying the following- 1. ftp a file from machine1 to machine2. 2. Once the ftp is done, from machine1 invoke a shell script on machine2. Could anyone please help me on this? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_roy
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Running script on remote machine

if i have a script in my system which i need to run on remote system using ssh, how shall i do it? One easy way to to first scp it to remote machine and then run it on remote machine using ssh. Is there any one step way to do it. Preferably one in which i should give password only once (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickylife
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

running script in background on remote machine

Hi there I have a script which is running a remote command on hundreds of boxes, it takes around 5 minutes to return an output from this command and because i am running this all from a central box, it goes off to each box in my for loop sequentially meaning that my script will wait for output... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

check web server running on local and on remote machine

Hi , How to check whether web server is running from remote machine How to check whether web server is running on web server itself Can any one help me soon (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satheeshkr_cse
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needing guidance, running xargs on remote machine

I am trying to run the follow command. I am running this from a korn shell script. rsh foobar ps -fu dram | grep sshd: | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}' | xargs -I xx kill xx I get the PID back excluding the xargs part but after adding on the xargs part it fails to locate the PID and is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: juredd1
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running remote system shell script and c binary file from windows machine using java

Hi, I have an shell script program in a remote linux machine which will do some specific monitoring functionality. Also, have some C executables in that machine. From a windows machine, I want to run the shell script program (If possible using java). I tried with SSH for this. but, in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ram.sj
1 Replies

9. OS X (Apple)

Quit a shell script thats running on a remote machine

I'm in a situation where I am executing a shell script(Bash) on another machine remotely using ssh, and for various reasons sometimes need to quit it and restart it. The shell script being run does many different things, so its hard to know what process to kill on the remote machine, and even if I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheDrizzle
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Keep a script on remote machine running (nohup?)

Hi, I'm using expect to ssh into remote machine (i know its not the best practice), and run script "script.sh". This "script.sh" checks whether an other process (some another script) is running and if not, it runs it as some other user. #!/bin/bash /usr/bin/expect << EOD set... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oseri
5 Replies
CD-HIT-PARA.PL(1)						   User Commands						 CD-HIT-PARA.PL(1)

NAME
cd-hit-para.pl - divide a big clustering job into pieces to run cd-hit or cd-hit-est jobs SYNOPSIS
cd-hit-para.pl options DESCRIPTION
This script divide a big clustering job into pieces and submit jobs to remote computers over a network to make it parallel. After all the jobs finished, the script merge the clustering results as if you just run a single cd-hit or cd-hit-est. You can also use it to divide big jobs on a single computer if your computer does not have enough RAM (with -L option). Requirements: 1 When run this script over a network, the directory where you run the scripts and the input files must be available on all the remote hosts with identical path. 2 If you choose "ssh" to submit jobs, you have to have passwordless ssh to any remote host, see ssh manual to know how to set up passwordless ssh. 3 I suggest to use queuing system instead of ssh, I currently support PBS and SGE 4 cd-hit cd-hit-2d cd-hit-est cd-hit-est-2d cd-hit-div cd-hit-div.pl must be in same directory where this script is in. Options -i input filename in fasta format, required -o output filename, required --P program, "cd-hit" or "cd-hit-est", default "cd-hit" --B filename of list of hosts, requred unless -Q or -L option is supplied --L number of cpus on local computer, default 0 when you are not running it over a cluster, you can use this option to divide a big clustering jobs into small pieces, I suggest you just use "--L 1" unless you have enough RAM for each cpu --S Number of segments to split input DB into, default 64 --Q number of jobs to submit to queue queuing system, default 0 by default, the program use ssh mode to submit remote jobs --T type of queuing system, "PBS", "SGE" are supported, default PBS --R restart file, used after a crash of run -h print this help More cd-hit/cd-hit-est options can be speicified in command line Questions, bugs, contact Weizhong Li at liwz@sdsc.edu cd-hit-para.pl 4.6-2012-04-25 April 2012 CD-HIT-PARA.PL(1)