Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX How to delete specific pattern in a file with SED? Post 302379052 by ganesh.mandlik on Wednesday 9th of December 2009 10:37:11 AM
Old 12-09-2009
Hi Zaxxon,

Done ...thank you vary much for such kind support...

God bless u...Cheers...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed to delete exactly match pattern and print them in other file

Hi there, I need help about using sed. Iam using sed to delete and print lines that match the port number as listed in sedfile. I am using -d and -p command for delete match port and print them respectively. However, the output is not synchonize where the total deleted lines is not similar with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_buddy
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed delete pattern skipping first n lines of file.

I have files of more than 10K lines that I need to delete lines that contain a pattern, but I want to keep the first few lines intact. Can this be done with sed? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tkg
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed/perl command to delete specific pattern and content above it...

Hi, Below is my input file: Data: 1 Length: 20 Got result. Data: 2 Length: 30 No result. Data: 3 Length: 20 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: edge_diners
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to delete lines from a file which starts with a specific pattern

I need to delete those lines from a file, which starts with 45. How to do it? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mady135
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy, then delete lines in file with sed using a pattern

I need to copy lines to a new file from files with sed using a pattern in char postions 1-3. Then after the copy, I need to delete those same lines from the input files. For example, string "ABC" in pos 1-3 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: laksjfhoius9123
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed pattern to delete lines containing a pattern, except the first occurance

Hello sed gurus. I am using ksh on Sun and have a file created by concatenating several other files. All files contain header rows. I just need to keep the first occurrence and remove all other header rows. header for file 1111 2222 3333 header for file 1111 2222 3333 header for file... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gary_w
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete multiple lines starting with a specific pattern

Hi, just tried some script, awk, sed for the last 2 hours and now need help. Let's say I have a huge file of 800,000 lines like this : It's a tedious job to look through it, I'd like to remove those useless lines in it as there's a few thousands : Or to be even more precise : if line1 =... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zurd
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using sed delete a line from csv file based on specific data in two separate fields

Hello, :wall: I have a 12 column csv file. I wish to delete the entire line if column 7 = hello and column 12 = goodbye. I have tried everything that I can find in all of my ref books. I know this does not work /^*,*,*,*,*,*,"hello",*,*,*,*,"goodbye"/d Any ideas? Thanks Please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chris Eagleson
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to delete a pattern in a file

Hi Everyone, I have an unusual requirement. Here is where i am stuck for sometime now... I have this text file.. lets say .. output.sql... it has lot of entries... here below is part of the entry... .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines that contain a pattern from specific line to the end.

Gents, I am trying to delete all lines which start with "H" character, but keeping the fist header. Example In the input file I will delete all lines starting from line 8 which contents character "H" to the end of the file. I try sed '8,10000{/^H/d;}' file But as don't know the end... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jiam912
1 Replies
delete(n)							    [incr Tcl]								 delete(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
delete - delete things in the interpreter SYNOPSIS
itcl::delete option ?arg arg ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The delete command is used to delete things in the interpreter. It is implemented as an ensemble, so extensions can add their own options and extend the behavior of this command. By default, the delete command handles the destruction of namespaces. The option argument determines what action is carried out by the command. The legal options (which may be abbreviated) are: delete class name ?name...? Deletes one or more [incr Tcl] classes called name. This deletes all objects in the class, and all derived classes as well. If an error is encountered while destructing an object, it will prevent the destruction of the class and any remaining objects. To destroy the entire class without regard for errors, use the "delete namespace" command. delete object name ?name...? Deletes one or more [incr Tcl] objects called name. An object is deleted by invoking all destructors in its class hierarchy, in order from most- to least-specific. If all destructors are successful, data associated with the object is deleted and the name is removed as a command from the interpreter. If the access command for an object resides in another namespace, then its qualified name can be used: itcl::delete object foo::bar::x If an error is encountered while destructing an object, the delete command is aborted and the object remains alive. To destroy an object without regard for errors, use the "rename" command to destroy the object access command. delete namespace name ?name...? Deletes one or more namespaces called name. This deletes all commands and variables in the namespace, and deletes all child names- paces as well. When a namespace is deleted, it is automatically removed from the import lists of all other namespaces. KEYWORDS
namespace, proc, variable, ensemble itcl 3.0 delete(n)