Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Looping through 2 files simultaneously Post 302379021 by gaurav1086 on Wednesday 9th of December 2009 09:49:51 AM
Old 12-09-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by danmero
Code:
# paste -d "" first.txt num.txt
paste: no delimiters specified

To be POSIX compliant.
Code:
# paste -d \0 first.txt num.txt
MRO0122065
MRO0112065
MRO0112066
MRO0113067

hello .
which unix are you using. It works on GNU/Linux though.
Anyways thanks for the info.
Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help looping through files, please...

Okay... I've solved one problem. Here's the next. I'm writing a script file that needs to go through a directory and list all files in that directory. I'm using TCL/TK. I figured out how to go through the directory and how to loop through it, but I ran into a little problem. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapolani
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse 2 files simultaneously

Say I have 2 files of 2 rows of 3 columns each file1: cat catdata1 catdata2 dog dogdata1 dogdata2 file2: cat catdata3 catdata4 dog dogdata3 dogdata4 and I need to combine both files so that is appears like: cat catdata1 catdata2 catdata3 catdata4 dog dogdata1 dogdata2 dogdata3... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Awanka
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping through files...

I posted this in the Solaris forum, but I don't think it's platform specific, so I'm posting it here. Here is the situation. We are a company that has been using a professional publishing system, the software is called "ProType". It runs on Solaris 2.4, however it is no longer supported and we... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fred Goldman
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

simultaneously create three empty files?

I can't get touch to simultaneously create three empty files file1, file2, file3. I tried:$ touch filebut all I got was one file:$ fileWhat did I do wrong? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: na5m
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tailing 2 or more log files simultaneously PERL

Hi, I am having issue where I have to tail 3 log files continuously (forever) and while I am reading the files , parse them and shove the data into DB. I can do this with one file totally fine but how can I read 3 files at the same time? I am not really looking for code (but would be nice) but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dabheeruz
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

renaming multiple files simultaneously

Hi , I have a large no of files which all end in .asp.htm extension . But for proper navigation between the pages I need to rename all those files as .asp only . How can it be done ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nshailesh
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

looping through files

I am writing a ksh which has to load 7 files(.dat files) from input directory into oracle tables using sql loader. The process has to take each file at a time and once if it is loaded succesfully using sql loader into oracle tables then the process has to pick next file and load it into oracle... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpv0002
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can I create symbolic links for multiple files simultaneously

Does anybody know how to make symbolic links for multiple files simultaneously? Often times I need make symbolic links for multiple files with some common pattern (just like "*.jpg"). Is there a way to avoid making symbolic link for each of them one by one... Thank you! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: danieladna
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Handling 2 files simultaneously with awk

Hello, Is it possible to handle data from two different files at once in awk (latest version and platform is Fedora). I found on the net that we cannot nest awk. My requirement is that I have two similar files : File 1: Name: abc Val = 58 Name: cdf Val = 1; .................. File... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fifteate
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to delete files on two remote servers simultaneously?

dear all, i'm preparing a script which can do these actions : 1. stop remove server's certain service 2. clean the files on remote servers simultaneously (because lots of files need to be deleted) 3. after files/logs are removed, restart the service again i'm stuck on how to clean remote... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiger2000
4 Replies
unix2dos(1)						      General Commands Manual						       unix2dos(1)

NAME
unix2dos - UNIX to DOS text file format converter SYNOPSYS
unix2dos [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents unix2dos, the program that converts text files in UNIX format to DOS format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates unix2dos under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. unix2dos Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. unix2dos a.txt b.txt unix2dos -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. unix2dos a.txt -c iso b.txt unix2dos -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. unix2dos -k a.txt unix2dos -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. unix2dos -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. unix2dos -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. unix2dos a.txt -n b.txt e.txt unix2dos -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. unix2dos -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHOR
Benjamin Lin - ( blin@socs.uts.edu.au ) MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
dos2unix(1) 1995.03.31 unix2dos v2.2 unix2dos(1)