Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users opmn service listening to external connections - issue Post 302379016 by gaurav1086 on Wednesday 9th of December 2009 09:44:32 AM
Old 12-09-2009
hello
can you check to see if there are iptables rules preventing other hosts on that server.
Its kinda strange that the same server would listening on localhost would not accept connections from other hosts.
also check if eth[n] (whatever iface) is up .

Last edited by gaurav1086; 12-09-2009 at 10:56 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

What are you listening to right now?

This is has been posted many times before... It is not in this forum as of now, so I have decided to put it here :D I'm listening to The Outsiders (AKA Hell is for Heros Part I) by Modern Life is War.... what about ya'll? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mars8082686
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

External DVD-ROM drive issue whether it is working or not? on HP rp7400

Please help me > How to diag the external DVD-ROM drive issue whether it is working or not? on HP 9000 server rp7400 I needed to install HP 11i v1 using external DVD-ROM drive on HP 9000 server rp7400. While boot in CO> “search” command is not showing DVD-ROM device only showing all disks >... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tpuser
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

external DVD-ROM drive issue whether it is working or not?on HP rp74000

old clunker - rp74000 How to diag the external DVD-ROM drives issue whether it is working or not? on HP 9000 server rp7400 Please help me > I needed to install HP 11i v1 using external DVD-ROM drive on HP 9000 server rp7400. While boot in CO> “search” command is not showing DVD-ROM device... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tpuser
1 Replies

4. SuSE

named service issue on Suse

Hi Experts, I have a virtual server of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 (x86_64). I am having strange issue of Naming services. Every 1 or 2 hours, named service stops working on this server and then I have to start it from "/etc/init./named start" I am not getting clue, where should I start... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
0 Replies

5. AIX

Service IP issue in HACMP, Working with only one node

Hi, I have a running HACMP Cluster with two nodes. Its working in active/passive mode. (i.e Out of the two nodes in the cluster one will be active and the other one will be on standby. If first node fails the other takes over) 1. There is a Service IP associated with the cluster. Now the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixromeo
2 Replies

6. Hardware

External GPU issue

Dear all, I set up a external Gforce GPU using the PE4H (Pcie passive adapter) from HWTOOLS.NET. I'm able to add and remove the device doing and The point is the kernel does not initialized the device correctly. Here is what dmesg gives after the scan: lspci -t gives and lspci... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aihake
2 Replies

7. Linux

cifs.upcall issue, requests new kerberos service ticket all the time

This is more of an annoyance than an actual production issue. I've set it up so that each user's home directory is mounted to an immediate subdirectory of $HOME when they login, (and umounts when they log out to keep /proc/mounts a manageable size). My issue comes in when my login scripts... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thmnetwork
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

External HDD Issue

Hello everyone ! I just installed Red Hat 6.4 and when i plug in my external HDD firstly i can see the files and after 5 seconds all dissapears. What causes to this and ways to fix it ? Thanks in advance ! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: djqbert
1 Replies
RPCBIND(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						RPCBIND(8)

NAME
rpcbind -- universal addresses to RPC program number mapper SYNOPSIS
rpcbind [-dilLs] DESCRIPTION
rpcbind is a server that converts RPC program numbers into universal addresses. It must be running on the host to be able to make RPC calls on a server on that machine. When an RPC service is started, it tells rpcbind the address at which it is listening, and the RPC program numbers it is prepared to serve. When a client wishes to make an RPC call to a given program number, it first contacts rpcbind on the server machine to determine the address where RPC requests should be sent. rpcbind should be started before any other RPC service. Normally, standard RPC servers are started by port monitors, so rpcbind must be started before port monitors are invoked. When rpcbind is started, it checks that certain name-to-address translation-calls function correctly. If they fail, the network configura- tion databases may be corrupt. Since RPC services cannot function correctly in this situation, rpcbind reports the condition and terminates. rpcbind can only be started by the super-user. Access control is provided by /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny, as described in hosts_access(5) with daemon name rpcbind. OPTIONS
-d Run in debug mode. In this mode, rpcbind will not fork when it starts, will print additional information during operation, and will abort on certain errors. With this option, the name-to-address translation consistency checks are shown in detail. -i ``insecure'' mode. Allows calls to SET and UNSET from any host. Normally rpcbind accepts these requests only from the loopback interface for security reasons. This change is necessary for programs that were compiled with earlier versions of the rpc library and do not make those requests using the loopback interface. -l Turns on libwrap connection logging. -s Causes rpcbind to change to the user daemon as soon as possible. This causes rpcbind to use non-privileged ports for outgoing con- nections, preventing non-privileged clients from using rpcbind to connect to services from a privileged port. -L Allow old-style local connections over the loopback interface. Without this flag, local connections are only allowed over a local socket, /var/run/rpcbind.sock NOTES
All RPC servers must be restarted if rpcbind is restarted. FILES
/var/run/rpcbind.sock /etc/hosts.allow explicit remote host access list. /etc/hosts.deny explicit remote host denial of service list. SEE ALSO
rpcbind(3), hosts_access(5), hosts_options(5), netconfig(5), rpcinfo(8) BSD
October 19, 2008 BSD