Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Auto enable/disable cron job
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Auto enable/disable cron job Post 302378960 by TonyLawrence on Wednesday 9th of December 2009 07:47:16 AM
Old 12-09-2009
You can do that, though you might want to look at using "at" instead. When faced with a script that decides for itself when it will next execute, I find "at" a little more straightforward than than translating to a cron entry.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Enable and disable ttyS0

I have a modem connect it to ttyS0 , in unix sco i know i can disable and enable the port , how can i do this , is there a command that will allow me to do this. **** I'm running Redhat 9 *****External Usrobotics 56k Thanks a lot guys (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: josramon
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

disable cron job

hi i got to shut down my server for the new year day. i am required to disable all cronjob temporarily. what is the command to do so? after start up the server will the cron job run itself automatically or i gotta restart all again? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: legato
8 Replies

3. Solaris

Cron Job -- auto start process when it dies

I would like to setup a Cron job to check weather X process is running or not. if it is not running then start that X process with a log message.... can any one help writing a script? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandravadrevu
3 Replies

4. Solaris

SSH enable, Telnet disable ...

Hi... How do I enable SSH and disable telnet.. Also - is there anything special I need to do to ensure that a new user can use ssh and su but not telnet? Adel (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ArabOracle.com
15 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

disable cron job

Hi all, I am not the unix person but have to disable cron job on the server I typed crontab -l to list the job there is one job then i tried crontab -e and got one result 100 ( i do not know what that means) how can i disable the job to run i want to disable the job. Please show me... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: patdev
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to disable Enable/Disable Tab Key

Hi All, I have bash script, so what is sintax script in bash for Enable and Disable Tab Key. Thanks for your help.:( Thanks, Rico (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carnegiex
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab: disable/enable

since i don't have root access, i have been doing: crontab -l > /tmp/username.crontab crontab -r vi /tmp/username.crontab and copy page crontab -e, and paste sometimes, /tmp/username.crontab has more than 1 page, so i have to copy twice. how do i copy all contents from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Enable and disable the auto mount

How to enable and disable the auto mount option for USB devices.? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ungalnanban
3 Replies

9. HP-UX

FTP service Enable/Disable

hi everybody, I can easily enable /disable the FTP service from SAM, how can I do this via command line? using inetd? how? cheers, messi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: messi777
1 Replies

10. Infrastructure Monitoring

OID to disable/enable printing

Hi @ all, we are a non-profit educational organisation. Now my company wants to disable printers, when a room is not used. I do a lot monitoring, using snmp. So I had the idea of disabling and enabling the printers by using snmp. After searching for hours, I only found some status-objects (ro)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karls0
1 Replies
queuedefs(4)							   File Formats 						      queuedefs(4)

NAME
queuedefs - queue description file for at, batch, and cron SYNOPSIS
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs DESCRIPTION
The queuedefs file describes the characteristics of the queues managed by cron(1M). Each non-comment line in this file describes one queue. The format of the lines are as follows: q.[njobj][nicen][nwaitw] The fields in this line are: q The name of the queue. a is the default queue for jobs started by at(1); b is the default queue for jobs started by batch (see at(1)); c is the default queue for jobs run from a crontab(1) file. njob The maximum number of jobs that can be run simultaneously in that queue; if more than njob jobs are ready to run, only the first njob jobs will be run, and the others will be run as jobs that are currently running terminate. The default value is 100. nice The nice(1) value to give to all jobs in that queue that are not run with a user ID of super-user. The default value is 2. nwait The number of seconds to wait before rescheduling a job that was deferred because more than njob jobs were running in that job's queue, or because the system-wide limit of jobs executing has been reached. The default value is 60. Lines beginning with # are comments, and are ignored. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample file. # # a.4j1n b.2j2n90w This file specifies that the a queue, for at jobs, can have up to 4 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice value of 1. As no nwait value was given, if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. The b queue, for batch(1) jobs, can have up to 2 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice(1) value of 2. If a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running, cron(1M) will wait 90 seconds before trying again to run it. All other queues can have up to 100 jobs running simultaneously; they will be run with a nice value of 2, and if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. FILES
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs queue description file for at, batch, and cron. SEE ALSO
at(1), crontab(1), nice(1), cron(1M) SunOS 5.10 1 Mar 1994 queuedefs(4)