Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Combining two awk scripts
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Combining two awk scripts Post 302378933 by radoulov on Wednesday 9th of December 2009 06:12:16 AM
Old 12-09-2009
You could try something like this:

Code:
function abs(val) {
   return val > 0 ? val : -val
}

BEGIN {
  ARGV[ARGC++] = ARGV[ARGC-1]
  max = 40
}

FNR == NR {
  />/ && idx[FNR] = ++i
  $2 || val[i] = $1 
  lr = FNR; next
}

FNR == 1 {
    print "\n% ( PHASES\nP\n%)\n\n%( SOURCES\n", x
    for ( k = 1; k < i; ++k )
      printf "(%s,0.0)\n", val[k] 
    printf "%%)\n\n", x
    }

FNR in idx { v = val[idx[FNR]] }

{ !/>/ && dist = abs( $1 - v ) }

/>/ { if (FNR == lr) 
        printf "%)\n\n", x
      else    
        print (++sc == 1 ? x : "%)" RS RS) "%< SOURCE " sc RS "%( PHASE 1"  
      next 
      }

dist < max && NF == 2 { print $0 $2 }

Last edited by radoulov; 12-09-2009 at 07:21 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

help combining lines in awk

I seem to have gotten myself in over my head on this one. I need help combining lines together. I have a text file containing 24,000 lines (exactly why I need awk) due to bad formatting it has separated the lines (ideally it should be 12,000 lines total). Example of file: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blueheed
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining 2 scripts

Hello I am new to shell scripting. Below are 2 scripts which I need to combine in to single script.Can some experts guide me how to proceed? #!/bin/bash grep "2443" /f/log/s/heduler.log | grep 2443> /tmp/memorydump exec 6<"/tmp/memorydump" read -u 6 data if then echo "IN THEN" <... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: achararun
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

combining fields in awk

I am using: ps -A -o command,%cpu to get process and cpu usage figures. I want to use awk to split up the columns it returns. If I use: awk '{print "Process: "$1"\nCPU Usage: "$NF"\n"}' the $NF will get me the value in the last column, but if there is more than one word in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: json4639
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

combining two scripts

Hi , Following are the two scripts :- Script 1) #!/bin/sh cp file.log file.log.1 Script 2) #!/bin/sh diff file.log file.log.1 > DIFFERENCE.log cp file.log file.log.1 grep "ERROR" DIFFERENCE.log if ; then echo "1" else echo "0" fi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: himvat
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combining awk tests

It would be convenient to be able to combine awk tests. For example, suppose that I do this query: awk '$1 != "Bob" || $1 != "Linda" {print $2}' datafileIs there a reasonable way to combine the conditions into a single statement? For example, in egrep, I can do: egrep -v "Bob|Linda"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: treesloth
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining two shell scripts

Hi readers, I have two shell scripts running on linux machine. Both the scripts do the following task - Connect to DB - Create temp files - run select statement on table - write the rows returned on temp file Sample code is below #!/bin/sh export ORACLE_HOME=/content/oracle/10.2.0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manucorbi
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining awk statements

I have a pretty simple script below: #!/bin/sh for i in *.cfg do temp=`awk '/^InputDirectory=/' ${i}` input_dir=`echo ${temp} | awk '{ print substr( $0, 16) }'` echo ${input_dir} done As you can see its opening each cfg file and searching for the line that has "InputDirectory="... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssbsts
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk problem - combining awk statements

i have a datafile that has several lines that look like this: 2,dataflow,Sun Mar 17 16:50:01 2013,1363539001,2990,excelsheet,660,mortar,660,4 using the following command: awk -F, '{$3=strftime("%a %b %d %T %Y,%s",$3)}1' OFS=, $DATAFILE | egrep -v "\-OLDISSUES," | ${AWK} "/${MONTH} ${DAY}... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining echo and awk

i have a script that has many lines similar to: echo $var | awk -F"--" '{print $2}' as you can see, two commands are being run here. echo and awk. id like to combine this into one awk statement. i tried: awk -F"--" "BEGIN{print $var; print $2}" but i get error messages. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining two scripts into a single script

Hi Folks, I have two scripts that are used to start and stop services these scripts are at the location /opt/app/tre , so that start.sh internally starts the components and stop.sh internally stop all the components, now rite now if I have to stop the services then i need to go first the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: punpun66
9 Replies
Time::Seconds(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					Time::Seconds(3pm)

NAME
Time::Seconds - a simple API to convert seconds to other date values SYNOPSIS
use Time::Piece; use Time::Seconds; my $t = localtime; $t += ONE_DAY; my $t2 = localtime; my $s = $t - $t2; print "Difference is: ", $s->days, " "; DESCRIPTION
This module is part of the Time::Piece distribution. It allows the user to find out the number of minutes, hours, days, weeks or years in a given number of seconds. It is returned by Time::Piece when you delta two Time::Piece objects. Time::Seconds also exports the following constants: ONE_DAY ONE_WEEK ONE_HOUR ONE_MINUTE ONE_MONTH ONE_YEAR ONE_FINANCIAL_MONTH LEAP_YEAR NON_LEAP_YEAR Since perl does not (yet?) support constant objects, these constants are in seconds only, so you cannot, for example, do this: "print ONE_WEEK->minutes;" METHODS
The following methods are available: my $val = Time::Seconds->new(SECONDS) $val->seconds; $val->minutes; $val->hours; $val->days; $val->weeks; $val->months; $val->financial_months; # 30 days $val->years; $val->pretty; # gives English representation of the delta The usual arithmetic (+,-,+=,-=) is also available on the objects. The methods make the assumption that there are 24 hours in a day, 7 days in a week, 365.24225 days in a year and 12 months in a year. (from The Calendar FAQ at http://www.tondering.dk/claus/calendar.html) AUTHOR
Matt Sergeant, matt@sergeant.org Tobias Brox, tobiasb@tobiasb.funcom.com BalieXXzs SzabieXX (dLux), dlux@kapu.hu LICENSE
Please see Time::Piece for the license. Bugs Currently the methods aren't as efficient as they could be, for reasons of clarity. This is probably a bad idea. perl v5.16.3 2013-03-04 Time::Seconds(3pm)