Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX mount windows file sharing on hp-ux Post 302378600 by mithalr on Tuesday 8th of December 2009 08:56:59 AM
Old 12-08-2009
If you have CIFS Client:-
First, create a mount point. This only needs to be done the first time.

mkdir /Network/[MountName]

You can make the mount point anywhere, but, as far as I can tell, Finder only recognizes the volume if it's in the /Network directory. Now, to mount the Volume.

cifsmount //[ComputerName]/[VolumeName] /Network/[MountName]

To unmount the volume.

cifsumount /Network/[MountName]

If you want a permanent connection to the volume, you can use the following.

cifsstoremnt /Network/[MountName]

Now you will remain connected through a reboot. To stop the volume from auto-mounting.

cifsstoremnt /Network/[MountName] -d

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows Server 2003 file sharing with UNIX

We have a Windows Server 2003 box and I'd like to share a drive with a Sun Solaris box so that the Sun Solaris box can copy files to/from the Windows Server 2003. I believe that Windows Services for UNIX 3.5 will allow me to do this, can anyone comfirm this ? Also, any links on how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: markgrimes
1 Replies

2. Linux

Please help me, about the file sharing with windows system

Did anybody can teach me how to set the premission in the samba server? How to i set the premission in one folder but two access right. With one folder but the user access rights is diffirent. One user can full access the folder, and another one user only read only. thx for helping... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cloudlor
1 Replies

3. High Performance Computing

sharing web files via NFS mount

I'm planning to load balance 2 web servers. I'm considering mounting an NFS share between the 2 servers so they can share the data. My question is: does this setup offset some of the benefits of load balancing? although there are 2 web servers, they both still access a single NFS server. Wouldn't... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaspol
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Problem in File/Dir sharing between a windows and solaris

Hi , We are trying to share a particular directory between solaris running from VMware installed on Win7 box] and windows box. We tried the SWAT utility of samba, and made all possible changes for sharing. We committed the changes and we were clueless what need to be done further.. referred... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: BalajiUthira
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

block windows file sharing traffic between networks

I have a LAN for users 192.0.3.0 I have a WAN for servers 192.0.0.0 I have a iptables capable router with a static route from 192.0.3.0 to 192.0.0.0 my problem is SMB file sharing traffic is leaking on to our 192.0.0.0 and causing congestion. I only have one printer IP address that needs... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: herot
13 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Enterprise level Solaris&Windows file sharing

"Samba," I know, I know. However, I am a gov't worker and Samba is off the table. Does anyone have a recommendation for an off the shelf, secure solution? I've already suggested rsync and NFS services for Windows Server and got shot down. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LittleLebowski
4 Replies

7. HP-UX

[Solved] Mount HP-UX File System in Windows 7

Hello, We just got a rx4640 that is running on: HP-UX B.11.31 U ia64 2426088954 unlimited-user license There is a plenty of space in it and we would like to use it for storage. I can access with ftp and place the files in there but i need to mount the file system in every PC that is running... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gjk
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sharing a network mount preferably with NFS

Hello, I would like to share a 9p (Plan 9) passthrough/share to a VM via NFS (using a guest as an NFS server to share a directory from the host) At the moment I am getting the error message: 'exportfs: /share does not support NFS export'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scratch
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Sharing to Windows

hiiii, recently we installed samba in solaris 11 machine. and create filesystem and mounted it. we want to mount the same file system in another windows machine through samba. How share that file system to windows and how to mount in windows . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brahmam CH
2 Replies
MOUNT_AFP(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      MOUNT_AFP(8)

NAME
mount_afp -- mount an afp (AppleShare) filesystem SYNOPSIS
mount_afp [-i] [-s] [-k] [-o options] afp_url node DESCRIPTION
The mount_afp command mounts the AFP volume denoted by the afp_url afp://[user[;AUTH=uamname][:password]@]host[:port]/volumename at the mount point indicated by node. This command is normally executed by mount(8) when the -t afp option is used. If the -i option is not used, all the required information to establish a login to the remote server must be available in the afp URL, including username & password if needed. The arguments and options are: -i Interactive mode, you are prompted for the password if you did not supply one in the url. -s Soft mount (default). Network errors, e.g. timeouts, will be retried for a much shorter amount of time. If the network errors per- sist, then the mount will be force unmounted. -k Hard mount. Network errors, e.g. timeouts, will be retried for an extended amount of time. If the network errors persist, then the mount will be force unmounted. -o Options passed to mount(2) are specified with the -o option followed by a comma separated string of options. See the mount(8) man page for possible options and their meanings. Additional options supported by the AFP Client are as follows: nobrowse Indicate to the Carbon subsystem that this volume is not to be displayed to the user. automounted Set flags on the mountpoint to indicate that the volume has been mounted by the automounter. afp_url There are two forms of afp URL, one for TCP/IP and one for AppleTalk: afp://[user[;AUTH=uamname][:password]@]host[:port]/volume afp:/at/[user[;AUTH=uamname][:password]@]servername[:zonename]/volume Denotes the afp server and sharepoint to mount. It may also contain the username & password required to log into the server. uamname is the protocol name of the authentication method. If port is not specified, then port 548 is used. node Path to mount point, which must be a directory that the user has write permissions for. EXAMPLES
The following example illustrates how to mount the afp volume server.company.com/volumename/ at the mount point /Volumes/mntpnt: mkdir /Volumes/mntpnt mount_afp afp://username:userpass@server.company.com/volumename/ /Volumes/mntpnt This example shows the proper url to use to mount the volume guestVolume from the afp server myserver as guest (if no uam and no username, then use guest uam): mkdir /Volumes/guest mount_afp "afp://myserver/guestVolume" /Volumes/guest This example shows the proper url to use to mount the volume myVolume from the afp server myserver using Kerberos authentication: mkdir /Volumes/myVolume mount_afp "afp://;AUTH=Client%20Krb%20v2@myserver/myVolume" /Volumes/myVolume SEE ALSO
mount(2), unmount(2), mount(8) HISTORY
The mount_afp command first appeared Mac OS X version 10.0. Kerberos authentication was added in Mac OS X version 10.2 RETURN VALUES
0 mount_afp successfully mounted the volume directory. [ENODEV (19)] The server volume could not be mounted by mount_afp because the server was not found or because the sharepoint does not exist, or because node does not have proper access. [EACCES (13)] The volume could not be mounted by mount_afp because the user did not provide proper authentication credentials. [ENOTDIR (20)] The volume could not be mounted by mount_afp because the mountpoint was not a directory. Mac OS X May 8, 2002 Mac OS X