Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help on gcc command
Operating Systems Solaris Help on gcc command Post 302378570 by jlliagre on Tuesday 8th of December 2009 07:33:04 AM
Old 12-08-2009
/usr/sfw/bin/gcc should just work with Solaris 10. No need to install another instance, especially if the latter doesn't work for some reason.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

GCC (solaris)

I packed gcc to /usr/local/ with pkgadd and when I wan't to compile a c code file it says gcc: no file how do I configure gcc on Solaris 8 plz help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CreamHarry
1 Replies

2. Programming

Gcc

Dear all, Any body please guide, i require a C which will run in Linux environment. Its urgent please. warm regards, Senthil K (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Senthil
1 Replies

3. Programming

gcc compiler

i write c++ code it run perfectely with g++ compiler but same code when i compile with GCC compiler it gives linker error , followed these linker error /tmp/ccfZtXOQ.o(.text+0x22): In function `main': conf_system.cpp: undefined reference to `operator new(unsigned int)'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: munnu
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Installing gcc - recieve error message gcc : cannot execute

AIM- Install Oracle 11g on Solaris using VMWare Steps 1.Logged on as root 2.Created subfolders à /usr/local/bin & /usr/local/bin/gcc 3.Downloaded gcc & libiconv & unzipped them on my harddrive & burnt them on CD 4.Copied files from CD to /usr/local/bin/gcc 5.Terminal (root) à pkgadd -d... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ackers
8 Replies

5. Solaris

gcc -3.4.6 installation help

Hi, I want to install the gcc-3.4.6 on solaris 9.5 , in order to compile perl 5.8.8 . I have the following packages . gcc-3.4.6.tar ibiconv-1.11-sol9-sparc-local.gz gcc-3.4.6-sol9-sparc-local libiconv-1.11.tar.gz Where can I find the necessary documents or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonu2die4
4 Replies

6. Ubuntu

./configure command Error while trying to install GCC compiler on unix machine

Hi, I need to install the GCC compiler on a my Linus machine. First step is to run the ./configure command and here we need to specify ./configure --target="target machine name (CPU type-Manufacturer-OS) or other way would be just give the command ./configure and it guesses the target name... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: viji19812001
11 Replies

7. AIX

Gcc for AIX

Hi, I am working with AIX5.3 and I downloaded the gcc-4.2.4.tar.bz2 from the site and when I am trying to un-tar it.It is throwing error-- Please help me to resolve it. Thanks in Advance.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
6 Replies

8. Solaris

command 'cc' failed even though gcc is installed

I'm trying to build some python modules on a Solaris 10 machine. It has gcc as /usr/sfw/bin/gcc. # CC=gcc python setup.py build running build running build_py running build_ext cc -c actread.c -o actread.o unable to execute cc: No such file or directory error: command 'cc' failed with exit... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aussieos
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with gcc and g++

Hi, I have recently got a job in unix, now training is going on and we have been practicing on telnet, so to practice at home I have installed vmware(virtual machine) and planning to download ubuntu. So my doubt is that whether I can write c and cpp progs in vi editor and can I run them by default... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishal.973s
5 Replies

10. Programming

Can't get 'gcc' to work

On a SCO Unix system, the gcc command returns gcc: syntax error at line 1: `)' unexpected regardless of what else in on the command line. Thus far I have added "INCLUDE=" and the path to stdio.h which only had an include statement to ast_stdio.h to my start up procedure. I am trying to update... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbport
2 Replies
libusb(3LIB)							Interface Libraries						      libusb(3LIB)

NAME
libusb - user-space USB device management library SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] -I/usr/sfw/include file... -L/usr/sfw/lib -R/usr/sfw/lib -lusb [ library... ] #include <usb.h> DESCRIPTION
The libusb library contains interfaces for managing USB devices without a kernel driver. It is an open-source API supported on Linux, Mac- OS X, and NetBSD. See http://libusb.sourceforge.net. The current implementation is version 0.1.8 of the libusb API. Complete documentation for this library can be found at /usr/sfw/share/doc/libusb/libusb.txt. INTERFACES
The shared object libusb.so.1 provides the following public interfaces. See intro(3) for additional information on shared object inter- faces. usb_bulk_read usb_bulk_write usb_claim_interface usb_clear_halt usb_close usb_control_msg usb_find_busses usb_find_devices usb_get_busses usb_get_descriptor_by_endpoint usb_get_descriptor usb_get_string usb_get_string_simple usb_init usb_interrupt_read usb_interrupt_write usb_open usb_release_interface usb_reset usb_resetep usb_set_altinterface usb_set_configuration usb_set_debug usb_strerror FILES
/usr/sfw/lib/libusb.so.1 shared object /usr/sfw/lib/libusb_plugins implementation-specific libusb modules /usr/sfw/bin/libusb-config script to determine linking environment ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWlibusb, SUNWlibusbut, | | |SUNWlibugenusb | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
intro(3), attributes(5) http://libusb.sourceforge.net SunOS 5.10 14 Oct 2004 libusb(3LIB)