Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity Locked out of my own server by denyhosts Post 302378512 by dheian on Tuesday 8th of December 2009 04:25:57 AM
Old 12-08-2009
After pulling my hair out tonight, I realized that I can just head to a coffee shop tomorrow and SSH in from there to do the file edits. Still, the wait's killing me.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

root locked out

Hello all. I think I have a big problem. the /etc/passwd file got overwritten and now I can't su as root when I telnet into this machine. I am running yp on a different machine and tried to push the passwd file out to all machines, but it didn't help. I noticed that there is a passwd file in... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moca4444
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

OpenWin Locked up

I have a server that is on solaris 9 and openwin is locked. The mouse won't respond and I can't seem to kill the openwin pid on the server.. Is there a command line to kill openwin from the server side? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jphorton
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Users locked out of Server

hiya all, I have Fedora core 3 installed - as a server - onto an old PC. Root u/n and psw lets me in However, all the other accounts no longer worked. They use to work until yesterday... I now get the error at the login screen: "AUTHENTICATIONFAILED" I hope this is a common... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: marty 600
12 Replies

4. HP-UX

locked out!

:confused: I have an K580 HP server. All I did was change the IP address on the NIC and now I can't telnet into it. I can ping, but no telnet. Also, it won't boot if the console monitor is plugged in. ANY IDEAS??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ncmurf00
1 Replies

5. AIX

account is always locked out

we have a user name "Test1" that account is alwyas locked out. The user has been used to many servers to ftp a file from the main server. i already increase the MaxStartups to 99. And still after how many days account will locked. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Server Locked

Hi i was changing the entry in the /etc/passwd file for the root user. i was changing the shell from sh to bash . I changed the file and rebooted the server.Now it is saying that invalid shell. I think i have misspelt bash. now the machine is set to boot in maultiuser mode so there is no... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: asalman.qazi
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Who locked my id?

I am running Solaris 10. Occasionally, my id gets loked. I want to know who/which rougue process locked it. How do I find out? Thanks, KNK (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkamatam
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Denyhosts displaying warning message for users blocked

Hi, I have a dilemma.I am running denyhosts on one of our servers and it monitors illegal ssh/ftp loggins. I am running vsftpd. My manager though has put an additional requirement on me. When someone is blocked my denyhosts he want an error message to be displayed: " YOUR ACCOUNT HAS BEEN... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I have files that are locked up...

Here's the story: I had an LaCie Internet Space (1TB)... Recently the network (or software) functions of the device just died... I tried to access it via different routers, checking UTP, tried everything possible to rule out physical damage to components. Then i got the disk out of its... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SentinelX
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Locked out of server due to utmp growing out of control

:(Dear Solaris Experts, The file /var/adm/utmpx is steadily growing on our standbye Sun Sparc T5220 Solaris 10 server. I have tried everything such as the following steps without success: root@rainbow # uname -a SunOS rainbow 5.10 Generic_141444-09 sun4v sparc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gjackson123
2 Replies
asadmin-list-connector-security-maps(1AS)			   User Commands			 asadmin-list-connector-security-maps(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-list-connector-security-maps, list-connector-security-maps - lists the security maps for the named connector connection pool SYNOPSIS
list-connector-security-maps --user admin_user [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--secure|-s] [--passwordfile filename] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--interactive=true] [--verbose=false] [--securitymap mapname] pool_name lists the security map belonging to the named connector connection pool. This command is supported in remote mode only. OPTIONS
--user authorized domain application server administrative username. --password password to administer the domain application server. --host machine name where the domain application server is running. --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. --passwordfile file containing the domain application server password. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. --interactive if set to true (default), only the required password options are prompted. --verbose lists the identify, principals, and the security name. --securitymap name of the security map. OPERANDS
poolname name of the pool. Example 1: Using list-connector-security-maps with security map option asadmin> list-connector-security-maps --user admin --password adminadmin --securitymap mysecuremap securityPool1 Command list-connector-security-maps executed successfully One security map (mysecuremap) is listed for the securityPool1 pool. Example 2: Using list-connector-security-maps asadmin> list-connector-security-maps --user admin --password adminadmin securityPool1 Command list-connector-security-maps executed successfully All the security maps are listed for the securityPool1 pool. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-delete-connector-security-map(1AS), asadmin-create-connector-security-map(1), asadmin-update-connector-security-map(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-list-connector-security-maps(1AS)