Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Combining two awk scripts
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Combining two awk scripts Post 302378344 by radoulov on Monday 7th of December 2009 03:55:25 PM
Old 12-07-2009
It would be easier if you post the original input and a description/example of the expected output (the one you get after using both scripts).

Last edited by radoulov; 12-07-2009 at 05:41 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

help combining lines in awk

I seem to have gotten myself in over my head on this one. I need help combining lines together. I have a text file containing 24,000 lines (exactly why I need awk) due to bad formatting it has separated the lines (ideally it should be 12,000 lines total). Example of file: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blueheed
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining 2 scripts

Hello I am new to shell scripting. Below are 2 scripts which I need to combine in to single script.Can some experts guide me how to proceed? #!/bin/bash grep "2443" /f/log/s/heduler.log | grep 2443> /tmp/memorydump exec 6<"/tmp/memorydump" read -u 6 data if then echo "IN THEN" <... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: achararun
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

combining fields in awk

I am using: ps -A -o command,%cpu to get process and cpu usage figures. I want to use awk to split up the columns it returns. If I use: awk '{print "Process: "$1"\nCPU Usage: "$NF"\n"}' the $NF will get me the value in the last column, but if there is more than one word in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: json4639
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

combining two scripts

Hi , Following are the two scripts :- Script 1) #!/bin/sh cp file.log file.log.1 Script 2) #!/bin/sh diff file.log file.log.1 > DIFFERENCE.log cp file.log file.log.1 grep "ERROR" DIFFERENCE.log if ; then echo "1" else echo "0" fi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: himvat
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combining awk tests

It would be convenient to be able to combine awk tests. For example, suppose that I do this query: awk '$1 != "Bob" || $1 != "Linda" {print $2}' datafileIs there a reasonable way to combine the conditions into a single statement? For example, in egrep, I can do: egrep -v "Bob|Linda"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: treesloth
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining two shell scripts

Hi readers, I have two shell scripts running on linux machine. Both the scripts do the following task - Connect to DB - Create temp files - run select statement on table - write the rows returned on temp file Sample code is below #!/bin/sh export ORACLE_HOME=/content/oracle/10.2.0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manucorbi
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining awk statements

I have a pretty simple script below: #!/bin/sh for i in *.cfg do temp=`awk '/^InputDirectory=/' ${i}` input_dir=`echo ${temp} | awk '{ print substr( $0, 16) }'` echo ${input_dir} done As you can see its opening each cfg file and searching for the line that has "InputDirectory="... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssbsts
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk problem - combining awk statements

i have a datafile that has several lines that look like this: 2,dataflow,Sun Mar 17 16:50:01 2013,1363539001,2990,excelsheet,660,mortar,660,4 using the following command: awk -F, '{$3=strftime("%a %b %d %T %Y,%s",$3)}1' OFS=, $DATAFILE | egrep -v "\-OLDISSUES," | ${AWK} "/${MONTH} ${DAY}... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining echo and awk

i have a script that has many lines similar to: echo $var | awk -F"--" '{print $2}' as you can see, two commands are being run here. echo and awk. id like to combine this into one awk statement. i tried: awk -F"--" "BEGIN{print $var; print $2}" but i get error messages. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining two scripts into a single script

Hi Folks, I have two scripts that are used to start and stop services these scripts are at the location /opt/app/tre , so that start.sh internally starts the components and stop.sh internally stop all the components, now rite now if I have to stop the services then i need to go first the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: punpun66
9 Replies
GPIV_HDF2PIV(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   GPIV_HDF2PIV(1)

NAME
gpiv_hdf2piv - Converts HDF5 PIV-data to ASCII data. SYNOPSIS
gpiv_hdf2piv [-e] [-h | --help] [-p | --print] [-v | --version] filename DESCRIPTION
gpiv_hdf2piv converts a HDF5 formatted file filename.hdf, containing PIV-data, PIV derived data, like vorticities, strain etc to (ASCII formatted) filename.piv., filename.vor, filename.sstr, filename.nstr and, eventually, image(s) to (PNG formatted) filename.png files. The parameters that have been used for the analysis and post processing are written to filename.par This program does not use the parameter resources from libgpiv. The parameters may be defined by the command line options as explained below. Options -e Exclude PIV data and data from post-processes. Only convert image data. -h | --help On-line help. -p | --print Prints parameters, command line options and input and output filenames to stdout. The output may be used as parameters of fasty for future use by re-directing stdout to fasty.par. -v | --version Print version information on standard output, then exits successfully. filename Full input file name, hdf formatted (including .hdf extension) SEE ALSO gpivtools AUTHOR
Gerber Van der Graaf 19 Januari 2005 GPIV_HDF2PIV(1)