Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: find and replace command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting find and replace command Post 302378335 by quirkasaurus on Monday 7th of December 2009 03:21:59 PM
Old 12-07-2009
it found a file with a single quote in the file name.
run the find command without piping it to perl, redirecting the errors to /dev/null
and you might find it.

Code:
find /usr/local/ -type f 2>/dev/null | grep \'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to use sed or perl command to find and replace a directory in a file

how to use sed command to find and replace a directory i have a file.. which contains lot of paths ... for eg.. file contains.. /usr/kk/rr/12345/1 /usr/kk/rr/12345/2 /usr/kk/rr/12345/3 /usr/kk/rr/12345/4 /usr/kk/rr/12345/5 /usr/kk/rr/12345/6 /usr/kk/rr/12345/7... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wip_vasikaran
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find and replace command in one line using one command

Hi, I have a entry in the file as ::BSNL GUJARAT::India::OUT::NAT::REWEL::POSTPAID::919426199995 if u see this, i have the delimiter as :: , all i want is to replace "::" as ":" so how to do that.. pls help thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasikaran
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed command to find, manipulate and replace a number

Hi, Im very new to the world of sed so I'm really not even sure if this is possible. What i need to do is read from a flat file and every time i see this line: VAL=123,456 I need to change 456 to 457 for every occurence of this line in the file. The numbers 123 and 456 are different for... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LT_2008
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is find and replace command in unix?

hello forum memvers, 1:I have to write a script for find a string and replace with another string. 2:In shell script how to replace one string with another string.:b: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkumar_g
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find & Replace command - Fasta file

Hi all ! I have a fasta file that looks like that: >Sequence1 RTYIPLCASQHKLCPITFLAVK (it's just an example, obviously in reality I have several pairs of lines like that) Using UNIX command(s), would it be possible to replace all the characters except the "C" of the second line only by... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cevin21
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to find and replace

Hello All, I need a sed command to find and replace below text in multiple files in a directory. Original Text :- "$SCRIPT_PATH/files" Replace with :- "$RESOURCE_FILE" Thank you in advance !!! Regards, Anand Shah (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed find and replace command not working

Hi, Am trying to replace a character '-' with 'O' in position 289 in my file but am not success with below command. sed 's/^\(.\{289\}\)-/\1O/' filename sed: 0602-404 Function s/^\(.\{289\}\)-/\1O/ cannot be parsed. Thanks in Advance Sara Video tutorial on how to use code tags in The... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sara183
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to skip the first line during find and replace operation

Hi Gurus, I did an exhaustive search for finding the script using "sed" to exclude the first line of file during find and replace. The first line in my file is the header names. Thanks for your help.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace using sed command

The content of the file filea.txt is as follows. --------- case $HOSTNAME in aaa) DS_PARM_VALUE_SET=vsDev APT_Configuration_File=/appl/infoserver/Server/Configurations/2node.apt ;; bbb) DS_PARM_VALUE_SET=vsQA... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find command + replace the extension (.xxx) by *

Hello, I'm on HP Unix and in a Job, I tried to extract all files from a folder, and replace the extension (.xxxx) by '*' , remove duplicates and move the result in a file.. Example : Folder has : ABC, CCC.txt, CCC.sf, CCC.sfd, DDD I need to generate and output file with : ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: royinfo.alain
6 Replies
CURSES_BORDER(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					  CURSES_BORDER(3)

NAME
curses_border, border, box, wborder -- curses border drawing routines LIBRARY
Curses Library (libcurses, -lcurses) SYNOPSIS
#include <curses.h> int border(chtype ls, chtype rs, chtype ts, chtype bs, chtype tl, chtype tr, chtype bl, chtype br); int box(WINDOW *win, chtype vertical, chtype horizontal); int wborder(WINDOW *win, chtype ls, chtype rs, chtype ts, chtype bs, chtype tl, chtype tr, chtype bl, chtype br); DESCRIPTION
These functions draw borders around stdscr or around the specified window. The border() function draws a border around stdscr using the characters given as arguments to the function. The ls, rs, ts and bs are the characters used to draw the left, right, top and bottom sides, respectively. The tl, tr, bl and br are the characters used to draw the top- left, top-right, bottom-left and bottom-right corners, respectively. If any of the characters have a text portion that is 0 then a default alternate character set character is used for that character. Note that even though the text portion of the argument is 0, the argument can still be used to specify the attributes for that portion of the border. The following table shows the default characters for each argument: ls ACS_VLINE rs ACS_VLINE ts ACS_HLINE bs ACS_HLINE tl ACS_ULCORNER tr ACS_URCORNER bl ACS_LLCORNER br ACS_LRCORNER wborder() is the same as border() excepting that the border is drawn around the specified window. The box() command draws a box around the window given in win using the vertical character for the vertical lines and the horizontal character for the horizontal lines. The corner characters of this box will be the defaults as described for border() above. Passing characters with text portion that is 0 to box() will result in the same defaults as those for border() as described above. RETURN VALUES
Functions returning pointers will return NULL if an error is detected. The functions that return an int will return one of the following values: OK The function completed successfully. ERR An error occurred in the function. SEE ALSO
curses_attributes(3), curses_line(3) STANDARDS
The NetBSD Curses library complies with the X/Open Curses specification, part of the Single Unix Specification. HISTORY
The Curses package appeared in 4.0BSD. BSD
August 12, 2002 BSD