Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Input of char 's' is not possible anymore Post 302378048 by daWonderer on Sunday 6th of December 2009 04:28:15 PM
Old 12-06-2009
Thanks for your idea but it didn't solve the problem Smilie. Typing in 'exit' is doing a 'logout' and prompt for new login data.

Why can I not type this key in with the Bourne Shell Smilie?

Why did starting the command 'sh' changed my default settings Smilie, so also restarting system won't help?

What actions are done between login prompt and starting commandline interpreter? I ask because the login with password works, although there is a 's' in login data.

Sorry for my many newbie questions..

greetz

PS: Any idea how I can start 'bash' from '/bin' without the possibility to use the key 's'? Auto completition doesn't work, somehow it shows up some more files with 'ba' at start... Smilie

Last edited by daWonderer; 12-06-2009 at 05:34 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't login as SU anymore - SU: NO SHELL

the root shell has been changed in the file /etc/passwd, basically pointing to an incorrect directory. So now every time we login as 'su' I get the message 'su: no shell' so we can't login as superuser. Is there an easy way to rectify this? please use step by step instructions/commands - I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: homechoice
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace any char with newline char.

Hi, How to replace any character in a file with a newline character using sed .. Ex: To replace ',' with newline Input: abcd,efgh,ijkl,mnop Output: abcd efgh ijkl mnop Thnx in advance. Regards, Sasidhar (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mightysam
5 Replies

3. Programming

Adding a single char to a char pointer.

Hello, I'm trying to write a method which will return the extension of a file given the file's name, e.g. test.txt should return txt. I'm using C so am limited to char pointers and arrays. Here is the code as I have it: char* getext(char *file) { char *extension; int i, j;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pallak7
5 Replies

4. Programming

concat const char * with char *

hello everybody! i have aproblem! i dont know how to concatenate const char* with char const char *buffer; char *b; sprintf(b,"result.txt"); strcat(buffer,b); thanx in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicos
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't SSH as root anymore!

I've screwed something up in my sshd_config apparently, because I can't ssh with root anymore. I had disabled root login for security reasons, but then my ssh credentials with full administrative privelges stopped working. So then I reenabled root login (and reset ssh), but root now isn't... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cquarry
3 Replies

6. Programming

error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’

Compiling xpp (The X Printing Panel) on SL6 (RHEL6 essentially): xpp.cxx: In constructor ‘printFiles::printFiles(int, char**, int&)’: xpp.cxx:200: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’ The same error with all c++ constructors - gcc 4.4.4. If anyone can throw any light on... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: GSO
8 Replies

7. Programming

I don't know how to replace input char with appropriate integer

Hi guys, I asked for help on programming forums and no one didn't helped me so I ask for help here. I am playing with some tasks from my book and I can't figure where did I get wrong. From the first program I get a blank screen, program won't generate 10*10 matrix. And second problem is I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
6 Replies

8. Slackware

Anyone Using Slackware Anymore?

We used to use Slackware, but then moved all our servers to Ubuntu Linux. Does anyone use Slackware anymore? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
8 Replies

9. Programming

Invalid conversion from char* to char

Pointers are seeming to get the best of me and I get that error in my program. Here is the code #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> #define REPORTHEADING1 " Employee Pay Hours Gross Tax Net\n" #define REPORTHEADING2 " Name ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Plum
1 Replies
LOGIN(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  LOGIN(8)

NAME
login.krb5 - kerberos enhanced login program SYNOPSIS
login.krb5 [-p] [-fFe username] [-r | -k | -K | -h hostname] DESCRIPTION
login.krb5 is a modification of the BSD login program which is used for two functions. It is the sub-process used by krlogind and telnetd to initiate a user session and it is a replacement for the command-line login program which, when invoked with a password, acquires Ker- beros tickets for the user. login.krb5 will prompt for a username, or take one on the command line, as login.krb5 username and will then prompt for a password. This password will be used to acquire Kerberos Version 5 tickets (if possible.) It will also attempt to run aklog to get AFS tokens for the user. The version 5 tickets will be tested against a local krb5.keytab if it is available, in order to verify the tickets, before letting the user in. However, if the password matches the entry in /etc/passwd the user will be unconditionally allowed (permitting use of the machine in case of network failure.) OPTIONS
-p preserve the current environment -r hostname pass hostname to rlogind. Must be the last argument. -h hostname pass hostname to telnetd, etc. Must be the last argument. -f name Perform pre-authenticated login, e.g., datakit, xterm, etc.; allows preauthenticated login as root. -F name Perform pre-authenticated login, e.g., datakit, xterm, etc.; allows preauthenticated login as root. -e name Perform pre-authenticated, encrypted login. Must do term negotiation. CONFIGURATION
login.krb5 is also configured via krb5.conf using the login stanza. A collection of options dealing with initial authentication are pro- vided: krb5_get_tickets Use password to get V5 tickets. Default value true. krb_run_aklog Attempt to run aklog. Default value false. aklog_path Where to find it [not yet implemented.] Default value $(prefix)/bin/aklog. accept_passwd Don't accept plaintext passwords [not yet implemented]. Default value false. DIAGNOSTICS
All diagnostic messages are returned on the connection or tty associated with stderr. SEE ALSO
rlogind(8), rlogin(1), telnetd(8) LOGIN(8)