Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: read/write files
Top Forums Programming read/write files Post 302377935 by matrixmadhan on Sunday 6th of December 2009 01:45:59 AM
Old 12-06-2009
Quote:
Somebody can give me a hand in developing the code.
Sure, show us your sample code. We could move further from there.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to read and write files one line at a time.

Hi! All! I am wirting a shell script in which i want to read one line at a time from the file and write it simultaneouly to other file one line at a time. Please let me know about some shell utility which can help me out. Thanx. If further clarifications are needed then please let me know... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_chopra
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script with read/write Files

Hello, I am a Newbie in ksh Unix Script. So I must write a ksh/sh script who read character at a position in a File. So also it must read all the lines who belongs at these characters , then write these lines in a another File. Can you help me , or give little councils to advance with my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: steiner
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to read or write device files

hi everybody, i am working in device drivers.As a beginner to this field ,i dont know how to read or write device files. Will copy_to_user and copy_from_user help me? I have created a device file using mknod command .Can anybody help me in this regard :confused thanks in advance sriram (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sriram.ec
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED command for read and write to different files

Hi I need some help on SED command I am writing a shell script which does the following: 1. Read one line at a time from a file abc.txt which has millions of lines 2. Prefix each line read with some text " 3. Post fix each line read with a quote " 4. Write the new modified... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaurav_1711
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all files with group read OR group write OR user write permission

I need to find all the files that have group Read or Write permission or files that have user write permission. This is what I have so far: find . -exec ls -l {} \; | awk '/-...rw..w./ {print $1 " " $3 " " $4 " " $9}' It shows me all files where group read = true, group write = true... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunter63
5 Replies

6. IP Networking

read/write,write/write lock with smbclient fails

Hi, We have smb client running on two of the linux boxes and smb server on another linux system. During a backup operation which uses smb, read of a file was allowed while write to the same file was going on.Also simultaneous writes to the same file were allowed.Following are the settings in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swatidas11
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read and write last modified timestamp to files?

Need help reading file last modified date in format: Filename (relative path);YYYYMMDDHHMMSS And then write it back. My idea is to backup it to a text file to restore later. Checked this command but does not work: Getting the Last Modification Timestamp of a File with Stat $ stat -f... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tribe
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read input files and merge them in given order and write them to input one param or one file

Dear Friends, I am looking for a shell script to merge input files into one file .. here is my idea: 1st paramter would be outfile file (all input files content) read all input files and merge them to input param 1 ex: if I pass 6 file names to the script then 1st file name as output file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hyd1234
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read and write operations on files.

Dears. kindly guide !!! I have data, which is delimited by | . it should contain 26 columns, but one column data contain | makes few row to 27 columns. I want to find rows have 27 columns and then concatenate the specific columns to single column to make it 26 columns. Kindly help, Can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
3 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)                                                   General Commands Manual                                                  ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)