Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl : Find a string and Print full line Post 302377891 by gaurav1086 on Saturday 5th of December 2009 05:12:41 PM
Old 12-05-2009
hi..
#perl -wln -e 'print if /\bAPPLE\b/' your_file > new_file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a string and print a string from the line below it

I know how to grep, copy and paste a string from a line. Now, what i want to do is to find a string and print a string from the line below it. To demonstrate: Name 1: ABC Age: 3 Sex: Male Name 2: DEF Age: 4 Sex: Male Output: 3 Male I know how to get "3". My biggest problem is to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingpeejay
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk find a string, print the line 2 lines below it

I am parsing a nagios config, searching for a string, and then printing the line 2 lines later (the "members" string). Here's the data: define hostgroup{ hostgroup_name chat-dev alias chat-dev members thisisahostname } define hostgroup{ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mglenney
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a string using grep & print the line above or below that.

Hi All, Please tell me how can I Find a string using grep & print the line above or below that in solaris? Please share as I am unable to use grep -A or grep -B as it is not working on Solaris. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaib
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find longest string and print it

Hello all, I need to find the longest string in a select field and print that field. I have tried a few different methods and I always end up one step from where I need to be. Methods thus far: nawk '{if (length($1) > long) long=length($1); if(length($1)==long) print $1}' The above... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SEinT
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find string and and print another string

i have a file that looks like this ABC123 aaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssffhhh ABC234 EMPTY ABC652 jhfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffkkkkkkkkkkkk i want to grep "EMPTY" and print ABC234 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: engr.jay
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find string nth occurrence in file and print line number

Hi I have requirement to find nth occurrence in a file and capture data from with in lines (between lines) Data in File. <QUOTE> <SESSION> <ATTRIBUTE NAME='Parameter Filename' VALUE='file1.parm'/> <ATTRIBUTE NAME='Service Name' VALUE='None'/> </SESSION> <SESSION> <ATTRIBUTE... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

String search and print next all lines in one line until blank line

Dear all I want to search special string in file and then print next all line in one line until blank lines come. Help me plz for same. My input file and desire op file is as under. i/p file: A1/EXT "BSCABD1_21233G1" 757 130823 1157 RADIO X-CEIVER ADMINISTRATION BTS EXTERNAL FAULT ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print line starting with certain string together with its following line?

Dear all, How can I print line starting with certain string together with its following line. Example is as follows: Input file: @M01596:22:000000000-A7YH7:1:1101:16615:1070 2:N:0:1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: huiyee1
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a string and print all lines upto another string

Ok I would like to do the following file test contains the following lines. between the lines ABC there may be any amount of lines up to the next ABC entry. I want to grep for the filename.txt entry and print the lines in between (and including that line) up to and including the last line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: revaroo
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find line then evaluate text on next line, print when condition is met

Hello, I am looking for a specific situation in a text file. The conditions are, > <CompoundName> InChI=1S/C5H12NO2/c1-5(2)4-8-6(3)7/h5H,4H2,1-3H3/q+1 I am looking for cases where the line "> <CompoundName>" is followed by a line that contains the string "InChI=" without regard to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
5 Replies
PERLIVP(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide						PERLIVP(1)

NAME
perlivp - Perl Installation Verification Procedure SYNOPSIS
perlivp [-p] [-v] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The perlivp program is set up at Perl source code build time to test the Perl version it was built under. It can be used after running: make install (or your platform's equivalent procedure) to verify that perl and its libraries have been installed correctly. A correct installation is verified by output that looks like: ok 1 ok 2 etc. OPTIONS
-h help Prints out a brief help message. -p print preface Gives a description of each test prior to performing it. -v verbose Gives more detailed information about each test, after it has been performed. Note that any failed tests ought to print out some extra information whether or not -v is thrown. DIAGNOSTICS
o print "# Perl binary `$perlpath' does not appear executable. "; Likely to occur for a perl binary that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Perl version `$]' installed, expected $ivp_VERSION. "; Likely to occur for a perl that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Perl @INC directory `$_' does not appear to exist. "; Likely to occur for a perl library tree that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Needed module `$_' does not appear to be properly installed. "; One of the two modules that is used by perlivp was not present in the installation. This is a serious error since it adversely affects perlivp's ability to function. You may be able to correct this by performing a proper perl installation. o print "# Required module `$_' does not appear to be properly installed. "; An attempt to "eval "require $module"" failed, even though the list of extensions indicated that it should succeed. Correct by con- ducting a proper installation. o print "# Unnecessary module `bLuRfle' appears to be installed. "; This test not coming out ok could indicate that you have in fact installed a bLuRfle.pm module or that the "eval " require "$mod- ule_name.pm"; "" test may give misleading results with your installation of perl. If yours is the latter case then please let the author know. o print "# file",+($#missing == 0) ? '' : 's'," missing from installation: "; One or more files turned up missing according to a run of "ExtUtils::Installed -> validate()" over your installation. Correct by con- ducting a proper installation. o print "# Perl header `$_' does not appear to be properly installed. "; Correct by running h2ph over your system's C header files. If necessary, edit the resulting *.ph files to eliminate perl syntax errors. For further information on how to conduct a proper installation consult the INSTALL file that comes with the perl source and the README file for your platform. AUTHOR
Peter Prymmer perl v5.8.0 2003-02-18 PERLIVP(1)